Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 One billion to faith based organizations!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  04:29:25  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Well, it looks like Bush pulled it off in spite of the constitution. And he has by-passed a limp and pathetic Congress in the doing of it, as well.
quote:
Partly as a result, in 2003, groups dubbed "faith-based" received $1.17 billion in grants from federal agencies, according to documents provided by the White House to The Associated Press. That was about 8 percent of the $14.5 billion spent on social programs that qualify for faith-based grants in five federal departments.

That's not enough, said Jim Towey, director of the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. An additional $40 billion in federal money is given out by state governments, he said, and many states do not realize that federal rules now allow them to fund these organizations.

"We're on the sunrise side of the mountain," he said.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  23:50:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
It sounds bad, and it bothers me but if you state it as only 8% of the social programs budget it doesn't seem quite as bad. I guess the question is what are they counting in that social programs category. In other words, how much of the 14.5 billion went to similar, non religious based organizations? You can manipulate the budget to look like you are or are not spending our tax dollars on churches. We need better news accounts.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  05:00:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
I suppose you would rather he gives the money to the communist Liberals so they can further their agenda! Yeah give it to them so they can give the money to themselves and shout "God is Dead." "Keep Abortions Legal for 14 year old girls so their mommies won't know and might stop it." "Abortions all in the name of Stem Cell Research."

Yeah in California they passed a law last week making it illegal for a teacher or anyone working at a school to notify a parent that a young 12-18 year old girl seeks an abortion. This same girl cannot go to a tanning bed, get a tattoo, buy smokes, or drink. Yet she can kill her baby and her parents don't need to know about it! What next, do Fascist Liberals want to Abort me and use my body for Stem Cell Research? In the name of Natural Science? Either Kill or be Killed? Survival of the Stupidest? Kill what God gave you because we believe God doesn't exist so kill your baby and deal with it on Judgement day? No thanks. I'm not going to let somebody else do my thinking for me! When God judges me and the Book of Life is opened I want the Universe to know that I thought for myself and would not let, to any uncertain degree, let any man do my thinking for me.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  05:03:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
I also might add that since Skull and Bones denounce Christiandom and accept the Illumaniti, perhaps Bush is giving money to Christians to get Liberals all fired up to snatch freedom of religon from all men!

Perhaps pretending to be Christian can thus bring the Christians to him and further the goals of the World Government and the World Bank for that matter!

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  06:08:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

I suppose you would rather he gives the money to the communist Liberals so they can further their agenda! Yeah give it to them so they can give the money to themselves and shout "God is Dead." "Keep Abortions Legal for 14 year old girls so their mommies won't know and might stop it." "Abortions all in the name of Stem Cell Research."

Yeah in California they passed a law last week making it illegal for a teacher or anyone working at a school to notify a parent that a young 12-18 year old girl seeks an abortion. This same girl cannot go to a tanning bed, get a tattoo, buy smokes, or drink. Yet she can kill her baby and her parents don't need to know about it! What next, do Fascist Liberals want to Abort me and use my body for Stem Cell Research? In the name of Natural Science? Either Kill or be Killed? Survival of the Stupidest? Kill what God gave you because we believe God doesn't exist so kill your baby and deal with it on Judgement day? No thanks. I'm not going to let somebody else do my thinking for me! When God judges me and the Book of Life is opened I want the Universe to know that I thought for myself and would not let, to any uncertain degree, let any man do my thinking for me.

Fascist liberals? Communist liberls? You can't have both, verlch. Make up your mind. Which are we?

Also, I must ask you for documentation supporting your claim that abortion is done mainly for stem cell research.

quote:
I also might add that since Skull and Bones denounce Christiandom and accept the Illumaniti, perhaps Bush is giving money to Christians to get Liberals all fired up to snatch freedom of religon from all men!

Perhaps pretending to be Christian can thus bring the Christians to him and further the goals of the World Government and the World Bank for that matter!
Annd, here we go again!

I have not heard of S&B denouncing Christianity or accepting the Illuminati. When did this transpire? And what makes you an authority on either group?

Further, it is the neo-conservatives that, if they could, would make Christianity the state religion to the detrimant of all others. Study a bit and see for yourself -- these are evil people. Me, I don't care what form of Cosmic Critter someone else worships.

Verlch, would you like to see Christianity the official, state religion? Would you like to have atheism and agnosticism be against federal law? Would you like to see federal heresy laws put on the books and enforced?

I think that the 'faith-based' groups get ample money from soaking the faithful. If they want to get into the political game, let them pay their dues like everyone else. Tax 'em!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  08:41:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
I suppose you would rather he gives the money to the communist Liberals so they can further their agenda! Yeah give it to them so they can give the money to themselves and shout "God is Dead."

I would rather the government let me keep the money instead of giving it to "faith based" organizations on my behalf.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  13:48:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
Don't worry the Liberals are going nowhere. I don't think there is a Christian I America that doesn't want humans to have free will to believe as they feel fit in their own soul.

Liberals will be the ones that take away the rights of the christians.

13:13
And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

13:14
And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

13:15
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

13:17
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The same men that are tearing down the commandments in the courthouse will call for the blood of the God believing.

--------------------------------------------
Opening Lines, a division of Consultative and Diagnostic Pathology, Inc., of West Frankfurt, Ill., will pay $999 for brains eight weeks old or less ("30% discount if significantly fragmented"), $400 for an intact embryonic cadaver eight weeks old or less; $600 for an intact embryonic cadaver above eight weeks; $550 for gonads; $350 for bone marrow, and various prices for everything but the scream: livers, spleens, pancreas, thymus, mesentery, kidney, pituitary gland, ears, eyes, skin, lung and heart block, spinal column, spinal cord, cord blood, limbs.
---------------

http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/sellbaby.htm

Even if parts of this are true its sick. If all of this information is true they are truly the evil nobody thought they where.

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  14:04:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:

Yes, we do take their rights away. For example, we take their right to shove religion down our throat away. We take their right to discriminate against different people while recieving federal money away. We take their right to try to convert our children away (children saying the pledge).

We take many Christian's rights away. But one thing Verlch. These "rights"; they are all wrong.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 01/08/2005 14:05:55
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  15:58:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Don't worry the Liberals are going nowhere. I don't think there is a Christian I America that doesn't want humans to have free will to believe as they feel fit in their own soul.

13:13
And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

13:14
And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

13:15
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

13:17
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The same men that are tearing down the commandments in the courthouse will call for the blood of the God believing.

--------------------------------------------
Opening Lines, a division of Consultative and Diagnostic Pathology, Inc., of West Frankfurt, Ill., will pay $999 for brains eight weeks old or less ("30% discount if significantly fragmented"), $400 for an intact embryonic cadaver eight weeks old or less; $600 for an intact embryonic cadaver above eight weeks; $550 for gonads; $350 for bone marrow, and various prices for everything but the scream: livers, spleens, pancreas, thymus, mesentery, kidney, pituitary gland, ears, eyes, skin, lung and heart block, spinal column, spinal cord, cord blood, limbs.
---------------

http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/sellbaby.htm

Even if parts of this are true its sick. If all of this information is true they are truly the evil nobody thought they where.

Thank you, verlch. You sent me off on a very interesting and enlightening bit of research.

Now, I had known that there is a market for cadavers and parts of them; has been ever since the beginnings of the practice of medicine. Indeed, many people opt to donate their bodies to science, rather than traditional burial. And I had assumed that an aborted fetus could join these, with it's mother's written consent, of course. But, I didn't know any of the details.

So, I did what a skeptic with too much time on his hands does: I researched your link and it's author, 'cause, you see, if all that's true, I agree with you.

Paul Likoudis, apparently, is a Catholic, pro-life writer and editor, and quite a prolific one. The link will give a list of some of his work.

This led me to an outfit calling itself, Life Dynamics. This is yet another religious, anit-abortion site, and now it begins to get a tad sticky.

quote:

In April of 1997, Life Dynamics began an undercover investigation that eventually exposed the hidden industry that markets body parts harvested from babies killed by elective abortions. (Most of the information we gathered was provided by people working inside of a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic located in Overland Park, Kansas.)
The Marketing of Aborted Babies is a thorough report on that investigation and contains data, analyses and documentation not previously released to the public. This book contains exact copies of baby body parts orders and price lists. These documents were not altered in any way other than to assign them page numbers and size them for this publication. This book reveals how this system works, exposes the baby parts money trail and presents undeniable proof that these abortions - including the late-term ones - are being done on perfectly healthy babies.

Reading the article, we immedatly see references to undercover invistigations and no names of the witness'. This wakes up the tired, old bullshit detector once again. If these people had been doing as described, why were they not arrested?

I neved did find out where they got the price list mentioned in Marketing Aborted Babies, an in-house book.

I did note that one Professor Geoffrey Chamberlain was admonished and had to retire from his position due to some unethical pratice, but it couldn't have been as serious as Life dymanics points out, as today he is still highly respected and not in jail.

Seeing small chance of further enlightenment, I decided to look at a stem cell site, something I don't know a lot about. I doubt if many laymen do.

From the FAQ of the Stem Cell Research Foundation:
quote:
Where do stem cells come from?

Scientists first discovered pluripotent stem cells in mice in the 1970s. Soon they began to recognize the amazing versatility of these primitive cells, which exist for only a short time before differentiating into the many cell types of the body. Mouse studies continued to reveal the extraordinary promise of these cells, but it wasn't until 1998 that the first human pluripotent stem cells were isolated. James Thomson at the University of Wisconsin and John Gearhart at The Johns Hopkins University, working independently, were the first scientists to isolate human pluripotent stem cells and to maintain them in their pluripotent state.

Since then, scientists have discovered several types of stem cells from different sources and at different stages of differentiation. The sources of these cells are:

Adult stem cells are generated in the different organs and tissues of the fully developed human body. These cells can be harvested from donors and isolated in the laboratory, where scientists hope to grow "fresh supplies" of desired cell types to implant into people. However, adult stem cells are only multipotent—limited in that they will only turn into a certain number of cell types. An example of multipotent stem cells is hemopoietic cells. These are blood stem cells, produced by the adult body, that can turn into red or white blood cells, but not bone cells or neurons.

Another source of multipotent stem cells is umbilical cord blood, which is usually disposed of after the birth of a baby. Scientists have found that this blood is rich in blood stem cells and is multipotent, but so far it has not been found to contain pluripotent stem cells.

One source of pluripotent stem cells—that is, cells that can differentiate into any cell type of the human body—is fetal germ cells. Following the termination of a pregnancy of about 5 - 9 weeks, some women donate the fe

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  23:52:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Well, I Googled for "Consultative and Diagnostic Pathology" and found precisely zero results which were from Federal, State or local government web pages. The sale of human body parts, whether from fetuses or adults, is illegal in the United States of America. But the only places I could find "Consultative and Diagnostic Pathology" mentioned were in web pages talking about how evil "Opening Lines" and its director, "Dr. Miles Jones," are. No web pages I checked mentioned anything about the company being prosecuted for its offer to buy, and none mentioned anything about any offical, governmental investigations.

Highly interesting though, is this article from the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, which says in part:
Dr. Jones is currently unreachable. Soon after September 10, 1999 when The Daily American, the local paper of West Frankfort, Illinois where [Opening Lines] was headquartered, devoted a banner headline and front-page treatment to his business, Dr. Jones disappeared, OL phone lines were disconnected and the doors padlocked. An employee of OL who was a long-time resident of the small town also decamped. To confound matters further, the paper's managing editor left town shortly after the story appeared (leaving no forwarding number on his home phone line) and, we are told, almost the entire editorial staff is now gone. The new editor, only three weeks on the job, claims to have no information about any of them.
The Daily American doesn't appear to have online archives prior to 2003 - at least, no results which contained the words 'opening', 'lines' and 'miles' were prior to 2003.

Put it all together, and the picture I get is that "Opening Lines," "Dr. Miles Jones" and "Consultative and Diagnostic Pathology" are all entirely fictious (though "West Frankfurt, IL" and The Daily Americsn exist). The whole "fetal tissue price list" seems to be an urban myth created by the anti-abortion crowd to demonize the opposition.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  05:29:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:

Yes, we do take their rights away. For example, we take their right to shove religion down our throat away. We take their right to discriminate against different people while recieving federal money away. We take their right to try to convert our children away (children saying the pledge).

We take many Christian's rights away. But one thing Verlch. These "rights"; they are all wrong.

The whole time you get to run around with your liberal judges yanking the ten commandments off the wall of anywhere public. This same crew is marching up and down the streets of Washingto protecting the right to kill millions of babies. Your works are evil and you seek to tear down the ten commandments so you can do other acts of evil in your axis of evil. Like is said survival of the sillest kind! Kill or be killed by abortions! All these liberal Bush haters, where are they when its time to donate money to the needy in India. Running around eating red meat, drinking red wine and talking to the red cross!

Please tell me the liberals do good works! Can't they pretend to be good?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  07:45:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:

The whole time you get to run around with your liberal judges yanking the ten commandments off the wall of anywhere public. This same crew is marching up and down the streets of Washingto protecting the right to kill millions of babies. Your works are evil and you seek to tear down the ten commandments so you can do other acts of evil in your axis of evil. Like is said survival of the sillest kind! Kill or be killed by abortions! All these liberal Bush haters, where are they when its time to donate money to the needy in India. Running around eating red meat, drinking red wine and talking to the red cross!

Please tell me the liberals do good works! Can't they pretend to be good?

I'm the meanest man that ever had a brain,
All I scatter is aches and pains.
I'm carbolic acid, and a poison face,
And I stand flat-footed in favor of crime and disgrace.
If I ever done a good deed -- I'm sorry of it.

I'm mean in the East, mean in the West,
Mean to the people that I like the best.
I go around a-causin' lot of accidents,
And I push folks down, and I cause train wrecks.
I'm a big disaster -- just goin' somewhere's to happen.
I'm an organized famine -- studyin' how I can be a little bit meaner.
I'm still a whole lot too good to suit myself -- just mean...
-- Woody Guthrie, exerpt from the Mean Talking Blues.

Erm, I seem to have read of a fair number of liberal folks in Hollywood giving a million or more apiece to tusanmi relief. And even I gave what I could as have others here.

Edited to add that if it were left up to me, Roy's Rock would be used for a bouy anchor in the Inland Waterway. Then we'd get at least a little practical value out of it.....

Just plain, ol' mean....

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/09/2005 09:13:26
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  08:04:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Well, I Googled for "Consultative and Diagnostic Pathology" and found precisely zero results which were from Federal, State or local government web pages. The sale of human body parts, whether from fetuses or adults, is illegal in the United States of America. But the only places I could find "Consultative and Diagnostic Pathology" mentioned were in web pages talking about how evil "Opening Lines" and its director, "Dr. Miles Jones," are. No web pages I checked mentioned anything about the company being prosecuted for its offer to buy, and none mentioned anything about any offical, governmental investigations.

Highly interesting though, is this article from the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, which says in part:
Dr. Jones is currently unreachable. Soon after September 10, 1999 when The Daily American, the local paper of West Frankfort, Illinois where [Opening Lines] was headquartered, devoted a banner headline and front-page treatment to his business, Dr. Jones disappeared, OL phone lines were disconnected and the doors padlocked. An employee of OL who was a long-time resident of the small town also decamped. To confound matters further, the paper's managing editor left town shortly after the story appeared (leaving no forwarding number on his home phone line) and, we are told, almost the entire editorial staff is now gone. The new editor, only three weeks on the job, claims to have no information about any of them.
The Daily American doesn't appear to have online archives prior to 2003 - at least, no results which contained the words 'opening', 'lines' and 'miles' were prior to 2003.

Put it all together, and the picture I get is that "Opening Lines," "Dr. Miles Jones" and "Consultative and Diagnostic Pathology" are all entirely fictious (though "West Frankfurt, IL" and The Daily Americsn exist). The whole "fetal tissue price list" seems to be an urban myth created by the anti-abortion crowd to demonize the opposition.

Yeah they are all dead.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  08:37:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Yeah they are all dead.

So it would seem. But what company put forth the price list, then? Where might I find it's webeite, or failing that, at least it's address? Or is Dave correct in his assertion that it is a fabrication?

If so, I must then conclude that Life Dynamics is merely another pack of religious liars, as is Paul Likoudis, a thought I'd entertained from the start but hadn't voiced until I had more information.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  11:35:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
quote:

I'm not going to let somebody else do my thinking for me!

Too late. You already did.

quote:

When God judges me and the Book of Life is opened I want the Universe to know that I thought for myself and would not let, to any uncertain degree, let any man do my thinking for me.

They told you what to think, and then told you that the thought was your own, and you have believed them.

How do you know that you won't end up in a Catholic nursing home when you get old? Or a Bhuddist one? Or, Xenu forbid, a Scientologist one? Hmmmm. I might be willing to pay admission to see Verlch Tech vs. Hubbard Tech.

- TW

- TW
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2005 :  14:38:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by tw101356

quote:

I'm not going to let somebody else do my thinking for me!

Too late. You already did.

quote:

When God judges me and the Book of Life is opened I want the Universe to know that I thought for myself and would not let, to any uncertain degree, let any man do my thinking for me.

They told you what to think, and then told you that the thought was your own, and you have believed them.

How do you know that you won't end up in a Catholic nursing home when you get old? Or a Bhuddist one? Or, Xenu forbid, a Scientologist one? Hmmmm. I might be willing to pay admission to see Verlch Tech vs. Hubbard Tech.

- TW

Like your the first atheist on the face of the earth. Or the first evolutionist for that matter. Yes in what 35 years I will be old, hard to believe that.

I had to make up my mind to believe in God, and nobody on earth forced me too.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.55 seconds.