New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  18:38:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:
Read again the OP of the thread you locked .

Read the last post, the admins/moderators do that to every thread that becomes too long here.

What is your interpretation of "long" ? Your 5 or 6?

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  19:03:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

Are you another one who is using Carlos as your excuse?
An excuse for what?
quote:
Who the hell told you I came here to write about Carlos?
Nobody, but it looks like the number-one reason you post about Randi anywhere. Do you really think you can point out old threads you've participated in without people finding out about Carlos, and talking about him?
quote:
And?
quote:
If Randi , Linda or kramer don't have any evidence of why they gave the $5000 to Moefoe is not my fault.
Perhaps, perhaps not. The more important question is: why should we (or you) care?
quote:
They changed the rules of the scoolarship AFTER they gave the money.
That is a fact.
Fine, what's the IRS going to do about it?
quote:
Now if you want to talk about Carlos , it is your problem , not mine.
I don't care about Carlos, either.
quote:
Are you afraid to be on topic?
Let's see, the topic we're on now is "Close his thread then ........banned him." What exactly do you want to talk about in this thread?

I'll ask it again: If you are correct about everything, what would you have us do?

If the only reason you want to post about this stuff here is to complain, there are plenty of other forums on which to do that.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  19:05:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Are you Dave's sock puppet?
Why is it that you cannot stay on topic?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  00:27:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Who's that walkin' 'round here?
Mercy!
Sounds like baby patter!
Baby elephant patter, that's what I calls it!

Say, up in Harlem,
At a table for two,
There were four of us,
Me, your big feet and you!
From your ankles up, I say you sure are sweet,
From there down, there's just too much feet!
Yas!

Your feet's too big!
Don't want ya 'cause your feet's too big!
Can't use ya 'cause your feet's too big!
I really hate ya 'cause your feet's too big!
Yeah! .....

Huh? Oh... Yes... Topic. Well, uh....

What exactly is the topic here, anyway? Randi? Moefaux? Carlos? The Wages of Sin in Buffaloballs Bayouque, TX? What?

I'm sure I'd find it all very interesting if I could only figure out what the hell it is -- is anyone still taking this goober seriously?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  01:21:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
What exactly is the topic here, anyway?

This idiot's crusade against JREF over some nonsense video that his friend submitted as "proof" of the supernatural, got laughed at, and had his application for the JREF prize denied.

So now he's running around various forums saying that Randi gave some girl (MoeFox, apparently) $5k.

As if that is somehow a crime of some sort, or some behavior that we should all ridicule and ostracize Randi over, even if it were true... which has yet to even be demonstrated.

So, in essence, the topic here is the stupidity of latinijral.

When he decides to answer the question posed to him, what is the "new skepticism and what qualifies him to be the "father" of it, and present some evidence to back up his claims and a context in which his claims (if even true) are somehow a bad thing..... then we can possibly have a real conversation with him.

Until then, we can just ridicule him for his apparent inability to process requests for information.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  02:27:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Ah, I see.

I was wrong, then. The topic is not very interesting after all.

Unless, of course, we could see a clip of the alledged vidio...

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  08:09:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

What the hell is he on about, now?

Basic persecution complex because a thread of his wandered too far afield from the OP and the moderator locked it.

quote:

Who got banned? What closed thread?

Nobody got banned. A thread on James Randi shit idol got locked.

quote:

Why am I getting involved in this?

Bad karma? Blind optimism? Feeling left out from the latinijral abuse train?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 02/01/2005 08:11:24
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  08:10:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
The video isn't actually the point, guys. The point (for latinijral) is that JREF staffers - including Randi - "lied" about Carlos' application. Whether or not Randi had the level of malevolence towards Carlos that Carlos and latinijral attribute to him is, of course, something which will never be settled, as Carlos felt his honor was attacked (and no amount of talk now, years later, can repair the "damage"). In reality, the situation could have been handled better, but getting pissy mean about it isn't helping latinijral's case. Nothing about this situation makes Randi a "fraud."

And as far as Moe Faux goes, if (and I've got no clue as to the veracity of this) Randi gave her a scholarship against 501(c)(3) rules and/or the JREF's own charter last year, it again doesn't make Randi a "fraud." Apparently, there were people who've stopped supporting the JREF as a result of this, but seemingly many more who don't see a single incident as indicating that their donations should go elsewhere. But, I'm going to start looking into this again, and try to find the whole story...

Oh, okay... Here are latinijral's still images from the video.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  14:17:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

Are you another one who is using Carlos as your excuse?
An excuse for what?

For closing the thread.

quote:

quote:

Who the hell told you I came here to write about Carlos?
Nobody, but it looks like the number-one reason you post about Randi anywhere. Do you really think you can point out old threads you've participated in without people finding out about Carlos, and talking about him??

The day you can face the truth without any fanatism , you will find WHO were the ones who FIRST named Carlos in any thread I made.

quote:

quote:

And?

Just do it , it is not about Carlos.

quote:

quote:

If Randi , Linda or kramer don't have any evidence of why they gave the $5000 to Moefoe is not my fault.
Perhaps, perhaps not. The more important question is: why should we (or you) care?

What means "we " to you? It was just another topic, have respect to it.

quote:

quote:

They changed the rules of the scoolarship AFTER they gave the money.
That is a fact.
Fine, what's the IRS going to do about it?

Just face the truth about it.

quote:

quote:

Now if you want to talk about Carlos , it is your problem , not mine.
I don't care about Carlos, either.

According to your replies , yes you do.

quote:

quote:

Are you afraid to be on topic?
Let's see, the topic we're on now is "Close his thread then ........banned him." What exactly do you want to talk about in this thread?

I'll ask it again: If you are correct about everything, what would you have us do?

If the only reason you want to post about this stuff here is to complain, there are plenty of other forums on which to do that.

?[/quote]
This topic was dedicated because of your fear while closing my thread about Randi and his fraud in Moefoux schoolarship.
Believers usual think there is a complain when they sacred cows are touched.

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  14:22:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Ok: let's assume Randi lied about Moefaux, whomever the hell that kid is. I should care because...? I didn't even know Randi existed until I signed up with this forum...

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  14:28:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

Ok: let's assume Randi lied about Moefaux, whomever the hell that kid is. I should care because...? I didn't even know Randi existed until I signed up with this forum...

So you learned about Randi only when you signed to this forum?

Now you are learning something more about those sacred cows and their bunch of fanatics.

That is a new skepticism.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  14:33:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

This topic was dedicated because of your fear...
So now you are accusing me of lying about why I closed that thread. I see how this works: if someone doesn't agree with latinijral, they are lying. That is a brilliant psychosis you've got going, there.
quote:
...while closing my thread about Randi and his fraud in Moefoux schoolarship.
That thread stopped being about that as soon as you began failing to answer simple questions (and later on, insulting people).
quote:
Well, claiming Randi is a fraud is a complaint. Or do you simply not understand the word? Besides which, Randi is no sacred cow. Not to anyone I'm aware of here.

More importantly, you've again failed to answer the most-important question: If you're correct in your assertions, what would you have us do about it? How do you think I should change my life or my world view based upon an assumption that James Randi has committed fraud?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  14:46:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:

quote:

This topic was dedicated because of your fear...
So now you are accusing me of lying about why I closed that thread. I see how this works: if someone doesn't agree with latinijral, they are lying. That is a brilliant psychosis you've got going, there

I am accusing you of fear , just fear to face the truth.

quote:

quote:

...while closing my thread about Randi and his fraud in Moefoux schoolarship.
That thread stopped being about that as soon as you began failing to answer simple questions (and later on, insulting people)

Fanatism usually look to only one side.Read again and you will find who was insulted and you also learned something new about that schoolarship. You even wrote you will investigate it.

quote:

quote:

Well, claiming Randi is a fraud is a complaint. Or do you simply not understand the word? Besides which, Randi is no sacred cow. Not to anyone I'm aware of here

Are you speaking in the name of everybody?Wow.

quote:
More importantly, you've again failed to answer the most-important question: If you're correct in your assertions, what would you have us do about it? How do you think I should change my life or my world view based upon an assumption that James Randi has committed fraud?

Just learn abouth the truth.Simple.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  14:49:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Thanks for the images, Dave. Apart from a pointing hand wearing a watch of uncertain value, I see nothing but a smudge that could be anything -- debris would be my first guess; the first of the jumpers would be the second. A spacecraft of some sort would be the last.

All inconclusive, I think. Certainly not enough to prove any sort of a claim. The evidence woulf have to be much better.

So, forgive me for being a little slow, but what's all the shouting about? I mean, Randi's money's his own unless fraud can be proven, and the Mofaux chick is simply some lady I'm not likely to meet, and who cares if they are both friends of Penn Jillette?

Thus, To quote the immortal words of Penn and Teller: "Bullshit!"

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  19:45:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:

quote:

Ah, good, you started a new thread. Let's hope it's more coherent than the last one. Of course, you're not off to a good start when the only reason you seem to have started this one is to insult people.

Then you are the one who thinks what coherent is?
Or you are just afraid to face the truth about your idols?

I hope it is not an insult to you.

Playing word games with us in this matter is insulting!
You're whining like child. Get over it.

Are you Dave's sock puppet?

xxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxxx
xx xxxx xxxxxxxx!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 02/01/2005 19:47:00
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds.