New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sumnihil

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  23:36:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sumnihil a Private Message
jesus h christ!* i shouldn't stop at an article. i could write a fairly lenthy novel on this guy's hypocrisy.

*i wonder what the h stands for? herbert, maybe? or is it just there, like the s in harry s truman?

all great truths began as blasphemies.
--g.b. shaw

yes, i am aware that i do not use capital letters. it is discrimination, and discrimination is wrong. period.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  02:50:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

And Fred replies:
quote:
We are looking for quality over quantity, and
foremost for me is to remove anyone who is simply out to waste other's time, subconsciously or otherwise.

I especially like “subconsciously or otherwise” whatever the hell that means.
It means that SATAN is guiding your subconscious in order to disrupt the activities of the faithful.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  03:01:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
foremost for me is to remove anyone who is simply out to waste other's time, subconsciously or otherwise.
I ran this quote through my Mark III Bullshit-Remover(TM).

I've got about 5 pounds of manure and the following explanation:
quote:
I'm a chicken shit coward with no integrity and I will remove any poster that would make me look foolish.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Edited by - Starman on 02/25/2005 03:02:32
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  03:49:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

I especially like “subconsciously or otherwise” whatever the hell that means. Hey Peptide, stop subconsciously wasting other peoples time!

I would really like to hear from Peptide and Tomk80 for a blow by blow of exactly what went down. I am thinking of writing an article about creationist forums in a sort of general way, and using Fred's forum specifically as the example of what kind of treatment can be expected for those who feel the need to argue with creationists on their turf. [/quote]
I'll see whether I can gather some stuff later this day.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  05:24:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

Fred Williams ...
quote:
So I have no delusions that I will somehow convert a committed evolutionist. The only purpose I see in such a debate is to tone my knowledge, and secondly to perhaps reach the fence-sitting observer. Given the title of your forum, I suspect there would be very few of those folks. So I just don't think it would be a productive use of my time, if I did have free time which I unfortunately don't.

quote:
Sincerely,
Fred Williams

Again, thanks for letting me take up some of your time.

David Glück
Skeptic Friends Network
www.skepticfriends.org

One thing Fred clearly does not understand is that unlike his typical forum members (on good standing that is), the ones here are more likely to change their minds when presented with a compelling argument supported by facts and not just mere speculations.

Once you are committed to the Biblical Truth, as Fred is, thinking becomes more a matter of denying evidence that seems contrary rather than an honest evaluation.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

slpage

1 Post

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  10:29:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send slpage a Private Message
If you are unaware of it, perusing this article:

http://home.austarnet.com.au/stear/lesson_cre_ethics_rr.htm

will help you understand Fred Williams a bit better.

I strongly suspect that his 'Admin3' is actually him.

I was banned at his silly propaganda forum for suggesting that Bill Dembski was more concerned about making money from his books than engaging in scientific discourse.

Williams is a crank, through and through.

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  11:23:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
As for Virgin Birth, frtilization techniques are of course the answer. Hell just last month some guy lost a lawsuit where the lady gave him a hummer and then saved the sample which was then used for insemination, without his knowledge.

The legal reasoning in the case is baffling.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  18:02:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by slpage

I was banned at his silly propaganda forum for suggesting that Bill Dembski was more concerned about making money from his books than engaging in scientific discourse.

Yup, I read that link. Williams is a trip. Oh well about your getting banned. Really, I doubt that there is a way to not get banned unless your a total boot licker.

Welcome to SFN slpage!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  18:55:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by slpage

Sadly, to a greater or lesser extent, many Creationist on these sorts of boards do much of their arguing through biased moderation. This is the main reason that I don't bother with them these days. I never last long on them anyway, so what's the point?

Welcome to SFN!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.