Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  22:54:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

It was your positive claim:"You have failed to do so."

Prove it.
How is "failed" a positive claim? I was stating that you had provided no evidence to support your claim.

Just like you said (at one point in time) that there was no evidence that MoeFaux did anything "outstanding" to earn her scholarship. When I asked you to prove that, you told me I shouldn't ask you to prove a negative.

You're now asking me to prove a negative, thus demonstrating your own hypocrisy. You've been debunked by your own standards, latinijral.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  07:11:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
And thus, "hoist by his own petard."
quote:
Word History:

The French used pétard, “a loud discharge of intestinal gas,” for a kind of infernal engine for blasting through the gates of a city. “To be hoist by one's own petard,” a now proverbial phrase apparently originating with Shakespeare's Hamlet (around 1604) not long after the word entered English (around 1598), means “to blow oneself up with one's own bomb, be undone by one's own devices.” The French noun pet, “fart,” developed regularly from the Latin noun pditum, from the Indo-European root *pezd-, “fart.”

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  20:06:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by DUDE

quote:

So , I proved to DUDE that questions can contain claims that need evidence.

He was ignorant of this part, in his effort to excuse FILTHY for not providing evidence of his claim ( in his bolded questions)

He needed a lesson.
Now both are crying. ( D & F)

You ARE retarded, aren't you.

You wish.

quote:
A simple question is NOT a claim.

Your retarded assumption was about that a question can not contain a claim. I proved you wrong.
You were also illustrated about simple and complex questions.

quote:
The "bolded" question that you have repeatedly refused to answer is also in no way a complex statement that makes any assumptions within its context.

Let's read again the “bolded” question :
-------------------------------------
Originally posted by filthy. “Latinijarl, the question, asked many times now, yet remains. As you seem unable to remember it, I'll pose it again:

"You have debunked the 'old' skepticism, or so you claim. What pray, do you have to replace it?" .
------------------------------------------------------------------
I answered filthy (with no fear at all) : “I will wait for your evidence that I claimed that I debunked the old skepticism.”
I am still waiting. Nobody came with the evidence.
Filthy understood he was lost. He stopped his nonsense question.

I am going to put it easy to your retarded mind:

You have beat your mom and dad just for being religious , or so you claim. When are you going to stop beating them?

Under your retarded logic I did no make any claim/assumption at all in my question …….so you don't need evidence….right?

Then respond ………………When DUDE?....... When are you going to stop beating your mom and dad?

It was a simple or complex question?
Under your retarded logic was simple…..then respond.
quote:
Nonsense like your blathering about how you beat your parents isn't, technically, a proper question anyway.

Read the above and learn a little more , you confessed ignorant.
quote:
Anyway, when are you going to accept that I have debunked, by it's own criteria as stated by you, your "new skepticism"?

The day you can act as a real skeptic and stop crying like a baby full of shit..

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  20:45:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've already heard all of that crap. Blithering it out yet again only signifies that you have exactly nothing else.

It's obvious that you are not going to provide any sort on an answer to the question that many other than Dude and I have asked, due simply to the long since apparent fact that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

So squeal away, little piggy. You are a bigger fraud than Geller.

Edited to add this, the title of one of your other bullshit threads:

Old skepticism' debunkery tactics ……..debunked.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/17/2005 20:51:42
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  21:54:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave.

quote:

It was your positive claim:"You have failed to do so."

Prove it.

How is "failed" a positive claim? I was stating that you had provided no evidence to support your claim.

The only problem with your assumption is that I did told you WHERE the evidence is ,as you asked me.
It is not my fault your ignorance to understand what time is.
quote:

Just like you said (at one point in time) that there was no evidence that MoeFaux did anything "outstanding" to earn her scholarship. When I asked you to prove that, you told me I shouldn't ask you to prove a negative.

And you partially learned. That is a beginning.
I never said “ you failed to provide the evidence “, since the FACT was that NO evidence at all was ever presented because was part of the JREF double speech reality and mistake.
See how you are learning with me ?
I knew you have potential.
You did challenge me to prove a real NEGATIVE claim.
And you received your lesson.

quote:

You're now asking me to prove a negative, thus demonstrating your own hypocrisy. You've been debunked by your own standards, latinijral.

Which one? Your assumption that I failed? Or your assumption that I should get the Nobel Prize?
I made to you two question related to your assumption :

Do you think everything must have a rational explanation?
If the answer is YES , you can take the Nobel Prize for me.

If the answer is NO:
What kinds of things you consider will never have a rational explanation?

Until now, you eluded to answer those questions related to your previous assumption.

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2005 :  22:35:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Until now, you eluded to answer those questions related to your previous assumption.
You have absolutely no right to demand further answers when you refuse to answer a simply question yourself. Either start producing or STFU. Right now you're doing nothing but trying to start a fight. You either start posting positively or expect to soon be ignored like a silent ghost on the forums. This is my final post to you if you do not change tacts.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 03/18/2005 22:36:46
Go to Top of Page

trishran
Skeptic Friend

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  14:47:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send trishran a Private Message
Here's a good one: Uri Gellar, longtime friend of Michael Jackson, introduced Jackson to a friend of hhis, British journalist Martin Bashir, whom Gellar thought would be the ideal person to do a film about Jackson. That film lead directly to Jackson's current trial for child molestation and false imprisonment. Blindsight? or Tough Love?

trish
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  16:24:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:

You have absolutely no right to demand further answers when you refuse to answer a simply question yourself.

You are speaking in Dave's name…..right? Or in name of “everybody” ?
Why don't you create a separate thread with the question of your curiosity , state your rules and be happy? Perhaps I prove you wrong.
Please don't make the same mistake of Dr,Mabuse's OP.

quote:
Right now you're doing nothing but trying to start a fight.

Like the one in your avatar? Nahhhhh., you are not able to last even the first round.
Just pointing out the double speech, fear and SFN mistakes.
I accepted the SFN forum invitation and agreed with their rules when I signed here.
It is not my fault that now, because of their fear, they ( SFN) are “introducing” putative/dedicated rules.

quote:
This is my final post to you if you do not change tacts.

Just like a hit and run SFN pseudo skeptic poster

Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  21:46:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TRISHRAN
Here's a good one: Uri Gellar, longtime friend of Michael Jackson, introduced Jackson to a friend of hhis, British journalist Martin Bashir, whom Gellar thought would be the ideal person to do a film about Jackson. That film lead directly to Jackson's current trial for child molestation and false imprisonment. Blindsight? or Tough Love?

Now that you mentioned M. Jackson and Geller.
Here is another ( bad or good ? ) one:

James Randi started his “fame” as a skeptic “debunking” URI Geller.
According to some James Randi followers , that was the “death” to URI's “work”.
They had been involved in some legal demands. They are not friends at all.

Uri and Michael Jackson, by the other side , as you stated, are long time friends.

The irony consist in :
Michael Jackson is now being in a trail accused of paedophile acts.
James Randi ( in his youngest years in USA ) was involved in a scandal and unjust accused by a young boy of …………paedophile. He was innocent according to the laws.

Bizarre coincidence?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  03:20:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I just ran a google on it and could find nothing where Randi himself was accused of paedophilia. However, I did find this.
quote:
James Randi Responds to an Alan Moore Interview
Alan Moore (http://www.alanmoorefansite.com/) is widely regarded as one of the greatest comic book writers of all time, and has written such diverse books as MiracleMan, V for Vendetta, Swamp Thing, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?, Watchmen, Big Numbers, Lost Girls, Supreme, Top Ten, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Birth Caul, Promethea, Tom Strong, and others.
The James Randi Educational Foundation (http://www.randi.org/) is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1996. Its aim is to promote critical thinking by reaching out to the public and media with reliable information about paranormal and supernatural ideas so widespread in our society today.

This web page is an archive of email I exchanged with James Randi regarding an interview (allegedly) with Alan Moore archived at the Eddie Campbell Comics web site and also archived via the Google cache:

My editorial comments are included in brackets [].

What follows is some back and forth e-mails. It seems that there was a lawsuit concerning Randi calling Geller a paedophile.

No, Randi did not put Geller out of business, although he seems to be in sort of semi-retirement these days. The only thing that will stop these frauds in their tracks if for people to become less gullible. Fat chance!

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  05:39:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

I just ran a google on it and could find nothing where Randi himself was accused of paedophilia. However, I did find this. What follows is some back and forth e-mails. It seems that there was a lawsuit concerning Randi calling Geller a paedophile.

Why don't you try this:
http://www.heart7.net/fms-false-construct.html

quote:

Another FMSF Advisory Board member, James Randi, was involved in a scandal in which (according to court records):
"The scientist's lawyers sought to discredit Mr. Randi by playing taped conversations of teen-age boys who called the magician's home allegedly for sex."

[ Byrd v Randi (Civil Action No. MJG-89-636 in the United States District for the Court for the District of Maryland.] Transcripts of the tape are also part of the court record in Geller v Randi, (Civil Action No 91-1014-SSH in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. The transcripts are contained in Exhibit 40 to Exhibit U].

That sad episode is another not well known topic by Randi followers.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  06:55:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Ah I see. I was looking in the wrong place -- under 'James Randi paedophilia.' And no, I hadn't heard about it, but I don't all that closely follow the doings at JREF.

Your link was to an article on false memory syndrom. Coincedently, there is a thread on that very subject up and running here as we speak, it you'd like to check it out.

As there was no mention as to how the case came out, and Randi, as far as is known, is not registered as a sex offender, one might favor the the opinion that it was a tempest in a teapot, such as follows most celebrities around.

Interesting read, although I don't know enough about the subject to comment on it.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  07:52:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:

Ah I see. I was looking in the wrong place -- under 'James Randi paedophilia.' And no, I hadn't heard about it, but I don't all that closely follow the doings at JREF.

Dear filthy:

Try this :

http://groups.google.com.ec/groups?q=%22james+randi%22++pedophilia&hl=es

Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  13:39:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:

Your link was to an article on false memory syndrom.

Correct , but my quote of the link was related to the URI-Jackson-James Randi bizarre coincidence with paedophilia scandals.
http://www.heart7.net/fms-false-construct.html
quote:
Another FMSF Advisory Board member, James Randi, was involved in a scandal in which (according to court records):
"The scientist's lawyers sought to discredit Mr. Randi by playing taped conversations of teen-age boys who called the magician's home allegedly for sex."

[ Byrd v Randi (Civil Action No. MJG-89-636 in the United States District for the Court for the District of Maryland.] Transcripts of the tape are also part of the court record in Geller v Randi, (Civil Action No 91-1014-SSH in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. The transcripts are contained in Exhibit 40 to Exhibit U].

quote:
As there was no mention as to how the case came out, and Randi, as far as is known, is not registered as a sex offender, one might favor the the opinion that it was a tempest in a teapot, such as follows most celebrities around.

Are you assuming that Michael Jackson , since he is a “celebrity” , is having a tempest in a tea pot?

quote:
Interesting read, although I don't know enough about the subject to comment on it.

Now you know a little more, and be prepared to know more :

If you read the quote carefully ,you will notice that it says :” Another FMSF Advisory Board member, James Randi, was involved in a scandal…………………”

No , it was not only James Randi who was involved in a paedophilia scandal.

There are more self confessed skeptics and co-founders of Skeptical Organizations.

Read this ( from the same link):

quote:
Prometheus Books , publishers of Children's Sexual Encounters with Adults, is run by Paul Kurtz , Professor emeritus of Philosophy, State University of New York at Buffalo. He is chairman of CSICOP (Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal) which runs the Skeptical Inquirer . Prometheus publishes an extensive Human Sexuality Books section under the editorship of Vern Bullough (AAA10/March 1996), Dean of Natural and Social Science at State University, New York, who is a CSICOP Board member.
Vern Bullough is also listed as a board member of Paidika, the Dutch paedophile magazine

Edited by - latinijral on 03/20/2005 13:42:24
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  14:00:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Are you assuming that Michael Jackson , since he is a “celebrity” , is having a tempest in a tea pot?

What does this have to do with anything? Jackson's problems are his own, Randi's problems are his own, and yours and my problems are our own.

In fact, what does any of the above have to do with anything? There are sick people in every endevor and none of it has the least to do with skepticism, old or 'new.' Where are the convictions? Why are these not in prison?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds.