Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  18:44:25  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
During last Wednesday's chat, The Ignored gave us a link to a twisted little game called "Nanaca Crash!!" [Edited to say that the prior link is broken, but this site works.] I'm posting this thread for the benefit of those still playing the game, and so we can let the chat thread die before people get confused next week. Feel free to continue posting personal bests in this thread.

So, here's what I've found out about the game so far (will update as needed):

Brown: Angle Up/Down

Cyan: Slow Down

Green: STOP. When special, she does a quadruple boost.
Hitting any Red, Blue or Gold turns Green special until the next bounce off the ground.

Red: Boost. When special, she does a samurai triple boost.
After hitting any Red, Reds will be special until another collision with any female pedestrian (green, blue, gold or red).

Gold: Boost. Gold is special when followed immediately by Blue. If special, the two of them create a combo double-boost.

Blue: Boost. Blue is special when followed immediately by Gold. If special, the two of them create a combo double-boost.

Purple: Blocks the action of Green, Red, Gold or Blue. Does not block Brown or Cyan. Lasts until the next pedestrian gets hit. If the "special display" goes from crossed-out to "VS," hitting a female pedestrian (other than purple) will launch a "Comic Force Field."

Comic Force Field:

Type A - Double Impact. ("vs" green girl.) Seems to just be a double-boost, but I've only seen a couple, and don't know how long it lasts.

Type B - Charge Blast. ("vs" red girl.) Every boost you get while the guy is red is increased. You also get a free boost when the guy turns back to gray. I've come across people claiming that the guy stays red until he would normally stop (either through slowing down or from hitting a non-special green girl), and then stored-up "boost power" is released all at once, but have yet to confirm this.

Type C - Parachute Death Sentence. ("vs" blue girl.) Floats you quickly over 100 pedestrians (about a kilometer). Turns the guy blue during the floating.

Type D - Bound Boost. ("vs" gold girl.) Boosts every time the guy hits the ground. Turns the guy gold. Lasts for five bounces on the ground, pedestrian collisions don't count. So to get the most out of this, you want to hit as many boosts as possible before your five ground bounces run out.

By the way, when figuring out the above, to start I just whacked the guy at a very low angle, and never did any aerial boosting (I wanted to hit pedestrians, after all). One game, I still managed to get 2,514 meters, though.

Thing I really want to know: is there any way to get more RED aerial boosts? (According to everything I've read and experienced, the answer is "no.")

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  21:41:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
I know a native Japanese speaker. I'm going to ask him to translate the rules for me. I'll post an update when I do...
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  00:44:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Height record: 192m

Edit:

3934m for length

Edit #2:

It is really amazing how such easy games can become so damn addicting.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 03/05/2005 00:58:34
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  04:35:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
It's exactly because they're easy...

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  13:35:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
How do you do a downwards aerial?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  13:52:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

How do you do a downwards aerial?

The key is the color of the word "aerial". If it's blue (when you're going up) then if you hit "aerial" you'll get a downwards aerial. If you're going down, the "aerial" sign will be red and if you do it you'll get a red, upwards, aerial. (No, I don't know how to replace them.) And if it's grey, then you don't have that option.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  14:20:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
I asked a friend to translate it. The only thing new I found was that you have .7 seconds to click the mouse for a special, although we pretty much already knew that.

Edit:

4879m

Edit #2:

- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 03/05/2005 15:45:08
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  15:43:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
When starting, the arrow sweeps through the angle.
When you press down the mouse-button you fix the angle,
and power start start pulsate. Power is fixed when the
button is released.
Take some time holding the button down to get the feel of
the power-pulse.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2005 :  19:20:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
You don't actually have to click the word "aerial" to do one. Just click somewhere in the sky, when you're between about 3 and 15 meters in the air. Try to time them so that you'll get boosted down into a pedestrian you want to hit.

Or, the way I got 990m out of the gate (between start and first bounce) was, right after starting do a blue aerial, and then I followed it up immediately with a red aerial. And then two more red aerials as soon as I came down low enough each time. Launch angle and power are very crucial to this trick, though (and it blows all your red aerials at the start of the game, which kinda sucks).

Your ability to do a blue aerial gets replenished as you travel upwards or downwards on screen. You'll see a counter run from 0% to 100%, and when it reaches 100%, you'll get the blue cross back. As soon as you bounce high enough to go off-screen, the counter stops, as it also does at the peak of your on-screen bounces, and if you're too low.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  10:13:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
I found this link which includes some amazing high scores. How does 87,587.83m sound?
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  19:04:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
It sounds like I've got a lot of work to do. See you all next year...

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  19:49:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Beat your height, Dave:

214m

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  20:09:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
My record height was 262m, Ricky. Look at the next post I made after announcing my 211m. Sorry.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  20:26:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
New personal bests:

Distance: 12,339.66m

Height: 1,193m

For the height (and distance), I managed to get a quadruple-boost off a green girl, and then, since I was close to peaking at over 200m anyway, I wanted to see if I could break my old record. So, I did two red aerials. Didn't get to 262m, but then as I hit the ground (I was out of red aerials), I hit another green girl, and got the quadruple-boost again. This took me to over 480m on the next peak, but then on my next bounce, I hit a brown guy for an angle up. That skyrocketed me.

All of the above took me from about 1,200m in to past 11,000m for the next bounce (off the ground, that time). Three pedestrians and two red aerials got me almost 10 kilometers.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  21:25:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

New personal bests:

Distance: 12,339.66m

Height: 1,193m

For the height (and distance), I managed to get a quadruple-boost off a green girl, and then, since I was close to peaking at over 200m anyway, I wanted to see if I could break my old record. So, I did two red aerials. Didn't get to 262m, but then as I hit the ground (I was out of red aerials), I hit another green girl, and got the quadruple-boost again. This took me to over 480m on the next peak, but then on my next bounce, I hit a brown guy for an angle up. That skyrocketed me.

All of the above took me from about 1,200m in to past 11,000m for the next bounce (off the ground, that time). Three pedestrians and two red aerials got me almost 10 kilometers.

Don't know which one is THE 4000th post, but this is the thread I was reading when I saw it, so congratulations!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  22:42:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Indeed, Congratulations Dave !!!

My new personal score is 365m high and 8248m

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.