Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2005 :  23:14:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Wow... I must really suck at this game

Oh, and congrats Dave. 4,000 is quite a milestone.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  07:13:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

Oh, and congrats Dave. 4,000 is quite a milestone.
If you collide with @tomic while he's "special," it gives you a 1,000-post bonus.

Thanks, guys.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  07:21:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Congratulations Dave!

Btw, with all the time you spend countering our less than serious posters, I think the title "Troll Slayer" would suit you.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  07:26:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Starman, I wouldn't give the trolls the satisfaction of acknowledging them in that fashion.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  07:35:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
No, thats probably best not to do!

I appreciate your effort and patience.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  11:27:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
So I know it's not the best of SFN, but me new record is 6589.48m with a max height of 291.43m (plus or minus-- it goes so fast!). The worst part is that the little green girl was on "special" for what seemed like an hour (at least 1 or 2 km) and then went "off" special right before I hit. Damnit!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  11:35:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Yes, that is the worst part of the game. When that green girl is on special and you are traveling towards her, you really want to hit her. But what happens most of the time is you hit the ground right before her, turning her off and then you hit her, ending the game.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  11:46:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Shortly after figuring out when green goes special (and when she turns off), I was playing a game which ended quickly because I noticed that green was special, and that I had bounced in the right place, so I actually aimed a downward aerial correctly, and hit her. Of course, I had just bounced before doing the aerial. I felt like an idiot.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  12:42:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
Well, I've been playing this game in between clients this afternoon and I can honestly say I stink on ice. My high score is 1939.45 meters. I have no idea what my best height was (it goes too fast) but I'm sure it was equally pitiful.

I'm going home to resume my PS2 battle as a Champion of Norrath. My Shadow Elf Warrior rocks!

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  13:23:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wendy

Well, I've been playing this game in between clients this afternoon and I can honestly say I stink on ice.
Don't worry. Practice makes perfect. Eh, perhaps never perfect when so much random elements are in play, but close to it.

But then again, it's probably not random, but the system contains enough parameters depending on each other as to appear random to us.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  13:38:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

But then again, it's probably not random, but the system contains enough parameters depending on each other as to appear random to us.
If you get a good horizontal speed, as well as a decently high bounce, the pedestrians go by so quickly that, for timing aerials, they may as well be random, even if they're not.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  15:51:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Shortly after figuring out when green goes special (and when she turns off), I was playing a game which ended quickly because I noticed that green was special, and that I had bounced in the right place, so I actually aimed a downward aerial correctly, and hit her. Of course, I had just bounced before doing the aerial. I felt like an idiot.

I also thought about doing that, but quickly noticed what was wrong with it, if that makes you feel any better.

- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  18:23:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Sure, Ricky, rub it in, why don't you?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Shacal
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  20:02:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Shacal a Private Message
Wow this game is great! Thanks for the new addiction!
Only 1832 though...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that we have accomplished it"
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  00:23:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
11 329.72 m

I start horizontal. Quite often you hit one of blue, red or gold who often send you into the then special green for a quadruple boost.
At this speed I use my aerials to stay in the air and then I'm at 3 km almost without touching the ground.

Of course I often also run in to green directly, but then it's just try again.

[Edit : Same tactic new score.]
Edited by - Starman on 03/10/2005 04:24:36
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.