Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  07:53:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Don't worry. Practice makes perfect. Eh, perhaps never perfect when so much random elements are in play, but close to it.

Thanks, Dr. Mabuse. I'm doing much better, but I still don't have a score worth posting.
quote:
Originally posted by Shacal

Wow this game is great! Thanks for the new addiction!
Only 1832 though...

Ah, Shacal. I don't know you, but I like you!

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  08:42:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Shortly after figuring out when green goes special (and when she turns off), I was playing a game which ended quickly because I noticed that green was special, and that I had bounced in the right place, so I actually aimed a downward aerial correctly, and hit her. Of course, I had just bounced before doing the aerial. I felt like an idiot.

I've figured her out, but not the others...
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  09:11:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Cune, as mentioned in chat last night, it's all in the OP of this thread. Or at least as much as I've figured out, but I'm only missing the details of the Comic Force Field stuff, really.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Shacal
Skeptic Friend

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  12:54:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Shacal a Private Message
quote:
Ah, Shacal. I don't know you, but I like you!

Same
Oh, and with your tip Starman I broke 2k!

"The problem with communication is the illusion that we have accomplished it"
Go to Top of Page

Wendy
SFN Regular

USA
614 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  12:59:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Wendy a Yahoo! Message Send Wendy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Shacal

Oh, and with your tip Starman I broke 2k!

That post was helpful to me too, Starman. Thanks!

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do on a rainy afternoon.
-- Susan Ertz
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  13:17:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Cune, as mentioned in chat last night, it's all in the OP of this thread. Or at least as much as I've figured out, but I'm only missing the details of the Comic Force Field stuff, really.

Oh right-- everything happens so fast in chat...
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  13:44:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
I know it isn't much but I just did 4116.32

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  13:53:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
You're on your way, Kil.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  22:19:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Has anyone else noticed that the red, blue, and gold boosts (not specials) seem to change the angle differently? Red seems to leave it pretty much as-is, gold seems to raise the angle, and blue seems to flatten it. These observations are very uncertain.

A good addition to this game would be the total time in travel, and then an average meters-per-second displayed at the end. As well as a measure of peak instantaneous velocity.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  23:17:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

Has anyone else noticed that the red, blue, and gold boosts (not specials) seem to change the angle differently? Red seems to leave it pretty much as-is, gold seems to raise the angle, and blue seems to flatten it. These observations are very uncertain.
I've done the same observations. There is definitely a difference in angle between them, but I thing Blue is "middle" angle, and Red (I think it looks more like Brown, but it could be my monitor) is flatter angle. It seems to fit their hitting style.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

ladycrystal6

5 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  23:41:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ladycrystal6 a Private Message
Well... since I joined skeptic friends network I might aswell say something...

Height record: 251m
Length record: 6459.67m
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  20:34:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
So, I discovered tonight that it's the Parachute Death Sentence. I'll update the OP.

I also started keeping track of my games in a little spreadsheet. After 21 games, I'm averaging 1,268.00m per game, which included the four random screw-ups which got me less than 20m each.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  23:58:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
I found this page tonight, which lists all the characters' names.

Oh, after 64 games, I've gone a total of 105,124.96m, for an average of 1,642.58m per game. Farthest since I started keeping track has only been 8,179.52m.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  21:38:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Am I the only one still playing?

Game 79 (since I started keeping track): new personal best of 14,279.62m, aided nicely by a Bound Boost, which I've counted twice now, and it only lasts for five bounces on the ground (bounces off the people don't count). But what was really nice in this game was getting a blue-gold special, which I noticed was followed by a green girl. So, right after the first boost animation ended, I clicked to do a blue aerial boost, and hit it at just the right time to blast myself right into green, and get that special, too. Ker-Poooooooooooow!

My average, however, has only risen to about 1,800m.

Oh, and I also ran across a page which says that the type of Comic Force Field you get (A, B, C or D) depends on the color of the girl you crash into when the "vs. C.F.F." thing is displayed. For example, hitting the gold girl gives you the type D, bound boost (the OP was wrong - your character doesn't turn green, he turns gold).

I'll update the OP again with what I've learned in the past few days.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  03:53:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
I'm still playing, but I haven't improved of my old record of slightly more than 8000.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.