Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  12:12:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
112. "Now Nosferatu, you will see that your evil is powerless against me!"
113. "I'm gonna get that wascally wabbit!"
114. "Beam me up, Scotty!"
115. "I do."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  12:47:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
116. So that's what getting shot feels like.
117. Are you sure these spinal manipulations are safe, doc?
118. Just throw the T.V. down, I'll be sure to catch it.
119. Don't worry, lightning is attracted to nonmetallic objects. Or was that metallic? I think it was nonmetallic.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 05/21/2005 12:52:17
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  13:50:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
120. Inconceivable!

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  14:27:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
121. Nah, water isn't a good conductor.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  14:57:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
122. "We'll cover that by borrowing from Social Security."

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  15:05:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
123. "Th-th-th-that's all, folks!"

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  16:50:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
124. "Just five more minutes, mom!"

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  16:53:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
125. Is this thing loaded?

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Edited by - astropin on 05/21/2005 16:53:54
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  16:54:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
126. I'm sure it's not loaded

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  19:19:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
127. "I know how extract nitro from dynamite. We can soup that safe. It'll be easy."
128. "Who sesh I can't drink the whole fuckin' thing?!"
129. "When I fire the JATO bottle, watch this heap go!!"

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  20:25:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
130. How hard could that ground really be?
131. You got time. The train isn't going that fast.

- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 05/21/2005 20:28:01
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  20:40:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
132. "I'll just reword one of the earlier entries in Ricky's thread, and post it."
133. "The IRS doesn't have time to look at all of these details."
134. "It's just one teensy ancient artifact, who's going to notice it missing?"
135. "Yeah, right, a 'curse'. I'll believe it when I drop dead."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2005 :  02:43:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
136. "The Bible says it, I believe it, and that's all there is to it."
137. "I got the true faith! A hundred snakebites can't kill me!"
138. "Forget that prescription. Benny's coming to town and he'll heal me."
139. "I will pray real hard and the storm will miss Virginia Beach."

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bloody_peasant
Skeptic Friend

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  05:37:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send bloody_peasant a Yahoo! Message Send bloody_peasant a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

121. Nah, water isn't a good conductor.

This is not humerous, but factual >:-D

Pure water is actually not a very good conductor, of course pure water is never found in nature and always has some good ions floating around in it to do the job for you >:-D

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen01/gen01783.htm

Also human skin is a fairly poor conductor, but gets quite a boost when covered with sweat or when tightly squeezing a good conductor.

Ok back to the final words
Edited by - bloody_peasant on 05/23/2005 05:37:58
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  06:05:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
140. It's OK, Mom. I've got this nice red shirt and I'm beaming down with Captian Kirk himself. What could possibly go wrong?

141. I don't care whose master you are and what matter compression elimi-whatever you've got. You aren't going in.

142. Back! Back foul vampire! Cringe before this cross!!! .... You're .....Jewish?

143. I'm sleeping with your sister.

144. Tiamat? I can lick her with one hand tied behind my back.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.