Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Conspiracy Theories
 We Never Went To Mars, Saturn and the Moon
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  05:44:56  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
NASA engineers have not technology to steer their probes to Mars and Saturn.

They are only swindlers.

Dear friends
read carefully please:

>>> http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/news/press-release-details.cfm?newsID=117
>>> The spacecraft's VELOCITY RELATIVE TO THE SUN is at about 26 kilometers per second (about 59,250 miles per hour). Cassini is now more than 9 million kilometers (almost 6 million miles) from Earth.

>>> Since the probe is launched from the earth, it has already a velocity of 65,000 miles per hour (earth's velocity).

>>> Why have NASA engineers steered Cassini on this trajectory?
>>> http://www.space.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=h_cassini_trajectory_02.gif&cap=The

>>> Instead of increasing Cassini's velocity they have slowed down it at 59,250 miles per hour.

>>> NASA engineers think the earth is the center of our solar system and don't consider earth's velocity.

>>> In this wrong way Cassini has travelled for 2 200 000 000 miles to meet Saturn.

>>> Cassini would have been able to fly along a straight line travelling for less than 1 000 000 000 miles.

>>> 65,000 miles per hour (earth velocity) + 36,000 miles per hour (spacecraft's velocity) = 101,000 miles per hour

>>> 1 000 000 000 miles : 365 days : 24 hours : 101,000 miles per hour = 1.13 years

>>> >>> If NASA engineers considered the earth's velocity, Cassini could meet Saturn in one year!



"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist


Edited by - bigbrain on 08/11/2005 10:10:24

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2996 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  06:02:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Okey dokey

quote:
fly along a straight line


That's precious.

There are so many things wrong with that "theory" (ha!) there is no point discussing. I hope you just received that in some stupid spam email and don't seriously consider that as a viable solution.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 08/09/2005 06:12:55
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  06:25:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Wow, your level of ignorance is baffling.

How exactly do you reach that speed without gravity boosting? Oh thats right you take a million kilos of fuel on a 500 kilo spacecraft.

Edit:metric #'s

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 08/09/2005 06:27:05
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
25997 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  07:19:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Check the Space.com forums, guys. bigbrain is spamming us.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  11:38:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Dear Dave W.
they have banned me because they couldn't confute my statements.

If you can, confute what I said here.

Nasa engineers don't consider Earth's velocity in their calculations, then they can't go anywhere in space.

Read again carefully:
>>> http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/news/press-release-details.cfm?newsID=117
>>> The spacecraft's VELOCITY RELATIVE TO THE SUN is at about 26 kilometers per second (about 59,250 miles per hour). Cassini is now more than 9 million kilometers (almost 6 million miles) from Earth.

>>> To increase Cassini's velocity NASA engineers have steered the probe this way:
http://www.space.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=h_cassini_trajectory_02.gif&cap=The

Earth > Venus > Venus > Jupiter > Saturn

WHY?

>>> They could go directly to Saturn at 101,000 miles per hour travelling along an almost straight path.

>>> The sun and the planets can't slow down the probe in significative way because its mass is smallest.

Try to say something intelligent, instead of saying I'm a troll.


"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Edited by - bigbrain on 08/10/2005 02:30:31
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4954 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  12:01:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

Dear Dave W.
you banned me because you couldn't confute my statements.

If you can, confute what I said here.
When did Dave "ban" you?!? Only one person has been banned at SFN. Is that you, latin? (If so, look forward to this thread being locked and "bigbrain" being similarly removed. And if not, you don't have much to worry about.

One thing you should worry about is the use of the word "confute". What does that mean?

ETA: I found this over at Websters. I stand corrected, and with vocabulary enhanced.
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 08/09/2005 12:48:16
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2996 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  12:02:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain
>>> They could go directly to Saturn at 101,000 miles per hour travelling along an almost straight path.

>>> The sun and the planets can't slow down the probe in significative way because its mass is smallest.



Can you show your plan for getting the satellite up to that speed and the trajectory, including the math showing the gravitation pull of the planets and sun, plus the amount of money required?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 08/09/2005 12:03:32
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
25997 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  12:04:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

Dear Dave W.
you banned me because you couldn't confute my statements.
Obviously, I haven't banned you for any reason.
quote:
If you can, confute what I said here.
Hey, you're the one claiming that NASA engineers think we live in a geocentric system. Why don't you prove it? Your argument from incredulity is not proof.
quote:
Read again carefully:
Why should I? Nothing in those links is evidence for your claims.
quote:
Earth > Venus > Venus > Jupiter > Saturn

WHY?
You've been given the reasons already, several times by the look of the Space.com thread. That you refuse to believe those reasons is not my problem, nor anyone else's here or elsewhere.

Plus, you can't even be bothered to get the details correct. It's "Earth > Venus > Venus > Earth > Jupiter > Saturn." This lack of attention to detail may be symptomatic of the underlying problem you are experiencing.
quote:
Try to say something intelligent, instead of saying I'm a troll.
I did. I was warning the members here that it's likely that anything they say to you has already been said, but still you persist in your mistaken conclusion that NASA is lying to the world.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  12:46:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
"I did. I was warning the members here that it's likely that anything they say to you has already been said, but still you persist in your mistaken conclusion that NASA is lying to the world".

At Space.com forums nobody has refuted (confute = refute) my statements.

You could refute them if you can.

Dear Pleco,

the Earth runs at 65,000 miles per hour. Well, if you launch your probe in the same Earth's revolution direction at 36,000 miles per hour, your probe will have velocity of 101,000 miles per hour.
Why to steer Cassini in that way: Earth > Venus > Venus > Earth > Jupiter > Saturn?
NASA says: to increase velocity.
But Cassini velocity is already very high.

Confute this statement, don't ask me "include the math showing the gravitation pull of the planets and sun, plus the amount of money required".

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  12:56:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
Count me in for a little laugh on this one.

Hey bigbrain (aka TheSuperstar), no conspiracy here. A simple answer, suitable even for the intellectual capabilities of an average 6th grader, can be found at the 'Ask an Astronomer' website at Cornell University.

Why did the Pioneer and Voyager take only 2 years to reach Jupiter, while Galileo and Cassini took more than 5 years?
quote:
The Pioneer and Voyager spacecraft launched from Earth and took a direct orbit to Jupiter. This was originally the plan for Galileo and Cassini, as well, but to do this requires that the spacecraft be boosted by a large rocket. After the Challenger disaster, NASA would not allow the large rockets of Galileo and Cassini to be carried in the Shuttle Cargo Bay, ruling out a direct trajectory approach.
So, consider your claim soundly confuted and refuted.

Of course, if there is a better method for accomplishing this journey, I'm sure the astronomy department at Cornell and the engineering department at NASA would welcome your input. This is but a humble skeptics forum and is certainly not the best place for one with your profound wisdom. Also, since you obviously consider yourself more capable than the entire current engineering staff at NASA, I would suggest submitting an application for employment with that organization. Oh, and let us know how the interview turns out!
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  13:05:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
"NASA would not allow the large rockets of Galileo and Cassini to be carried in the Shuttle Cargo Bay, ruling out a direct trajectory approach".

Then also you don't understand: Cassini already went at 101,000 miles per hour, WITHOUT LARGE ROCKET.

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  13:07:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

Dear Dave W.
you banned me because you couldn't confute my statements.


If my reading of the linked discussion website by Dave W is correct, you were banned there. This is the SFN, not Space.com. Please try to pay attention.

quote:

If you can, confute what I said here.

Nasa engineers don't consider Earth's velocity in their calculations, then they can't go anywhere in space.


It is, but is largely irrelevant to helocentric movement.

quote:

Read again carefully:
>>> http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/news/press-release-details.cfm?newsID=117
>>> The spacecraft's VELOCITY RELATIVE TO THE SUN is at about 26 kilometers per second (about 59,250 miles per hour). Cassini is now more than 9 million kilometers (almost 6 million miles) from Earth.

>>> To increase Cassini's velocity NASA engineers have steered the probe this way:
http://www.space.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=h_cassini_trajectory_02.gif&cap=The

Earth > Venus > Venus > Jupiter > Saturn

WHY?


Because that's the way we can do it without wasting a lot of fuel in course corrections.

quote:



>>> They could go directly to Saturn at 101,000 miles per hour travelling along an almost straight path.

>>> The sun and the planets can't slow down the probe in significative way because its mass is smallest.

Try to say something intelligent, instead of saying I'm a troll.





Try bacing up your assertions instead. Your premise is flawed by the refutations provided both here and at Space.com.


Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  13:18:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Try "bacing" ???

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  13:36:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
All images and movies about Mars, Saturn, Tempel1, Hyperion and so on are made by Softimage, Maya, 3D Studio Max, LightWave 3D

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  13:41:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

NASA engineers have not technology to steer their probes to Mars and Saturn.

They are only swindlers.

If NASA is a swindle, where does the billions of government funding dollars for NASA actually go?


"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  13:50:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
"If NASA is a swindle, where does the billions of government funding dollars for NASA actually go?"

All governments swindle

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.22 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000