Politics
 "I think I'm turning Japanese"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jarrid
Skeptic Friend

101 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  16:16:28  Show Profile  Send Jarrid an AOL message Send Jarrid a Private Message
Well...not really, but I think I might be turning Democrat....which is a really bad thing considering I live in southern Indiana...one of the most conservative places on the planet. I have gotten completely fed up with El Presidento, and I voted for the man! It is weird though because something like 90-95 percent of registered voters are republican around here, so I'm a little outnumbered, but what can you do?

(and yes, I know what "turning Japanese" REALLY means)

I don't have to go swimming through an outhouse to know I wouldn't like it."

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  22:18:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
<b>(and yes, I know what "turning Japanese" REALLY means)</b>

Well I don't. What does it mean?

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  22:48:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by marfknox

quote:

Well I don't. What does it mean?

British slang of the late 70s. Derived from the facial expressions allegedly made while indulging in auto-eroticism. Also the title of a popular song by The Magnets circa 1979.

- TW
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  16:13:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
The Vapors. On the album New Clear Days. 1980.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  16:24:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
Ah, just the person I wish to speak with.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to give me your reasoning for voting for the Bushwacker.

Also, what took you so long to realise he is a homocidal phsycopath?

What did he do to finally open your eyes?

Or does peer group pressure account for more than commen sense?

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  17:09:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

The Vapors. On the album New Clear Days. 1980.

Right. Magnets was the name of their second album. Been a while.

- TW
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  12:14:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrid

Well...not really, but I think I might be turning Democrat....which is a really bad thing considering I live in southern Indiana...one of the most conservative places on the planet. I have gotten completely fed up with El Presidento, and I voted for the man! It is weird though because something like 90-95 percent of registered voters are republican around here, so I'm a little outnumbered, but what can you do?

You didn't notice what an ignorant bumpkus the guy was?

Actually, I think a lot of folks vote image, not substance. It's hard for anyone to give up on old images in spite of clear evidence against them.

For example, Republicans liken Democrats to big government and regulation. In reality, the Patriot act, anti-abortion, abstinence only, yadda yadda yadda are all much more impinging on individual freedom than anything the Dems have done in many years. And talk about big government, billions unaccounted for given to corrupt corporations and individuals should make any Republican squirm no matter how they feel about the mistake of going to war with Iraq.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.