New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

courageouslion

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  08:37:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send courageouslion a Private Message
Wow! Three responses. Well the pictures I see with scale considered show a 16 foot hole. The hole in the E-ring has a number of fire fighters standing by it and it is also about 16 foot. I realize that the wings aren't going to go through re-enforced concrete...thus where are the wings? Where are the 9 foot diameter engines that weight 6 tons each?

As for the footage, I have a copy of CNN's video America Remembers and I slowed it down frame by frame and I can see the flash before the collisions for both planes. I seriously doubt the CNN used Photoshop to dub in the flash. Alex Jones did not do this video. A 21 year old SKEPTIC from Washington DC named Dylan Avery did the video. The video is making its rounds and Alex just has it posted. The original is a lot better quality and can be purchased from the link I showed.

The official version simply makes no sense. THAT is the conspiracy theory. To this date no one has been able to prove that Alex Jones himself every "forged" anything. And as for Dylan Avery? Since he allows free copies of the video to be passed out and doesn't seem to be in it for the money, what would he have to gain? Sorry, it just doesn't add up. I say watch the video in it's entirety and THEN we can discuss it.

If a 757 struck the Pentagon, WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OF THE PLANE?? This is another David Copperfield magic act. WHERE are the 6 ton engines? Surely they didn't just splatter into "replicator" size fragments!

I have seen "CatHerders" so called evidence at "Above Top Secret" and frankly, he stretches and stretches to fit the picture. AND he manages to miss the key point...WHERE IS THE PLANE? It didn't just hit the building and vanish. Sure...something hit the building, but the evidence including the punch through at the E ring doesn't line up with a soft bodied aluminum and titanium plane with a carbon fiber nose. There is just NO WAY that could have happened the way they say. I am SKEPTICAL. Like I have said...the government LIES about everything. Ruby Ridge, Waco, The Gulf of Tonkin incident, the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Maine, our money system, taxes...you name it.

OH, and by the way...be sure to listen to what the CNN reporter that was on the scene said about a jet. And be sure to note what happens to automobiles that get in the way of jet wash at ground level.

On September 11th 2001, America was psychologically attached with military precision and if you believe the crap they tell us, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

AFTER everyone interested in this subject has viewed "Loose Change" by Dylan Avery, then we can have a intelligent discussion. Until then, I am out of here.

They call this a skeptics forum? ROTGLMFGO!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  09:22:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
courageouslion:
FACT is folks...we've been taken over by a bunch of tyrants bent on making the world their kingdom with us as the throw away pawns.

You will not find many (or any) on this board that support the neo-cons and their empire building mentality.
quote:
courageouslion:
If any of you "skeptics" can view this documentary and walk away believing the gooberment version...I'd say there is no hope for you and you are SERIOUSLY...NOT a SKEPTIC and you need to take a new name...
DUMB SLAVE.
Oh great. Another person who has cornered the market on the truth. Have you really investigated the claims made in this documentary or have you allowed your bias to cloud your ability to think critically? Calling us names will not win you any points. Just make your case…

If you think that we trust the administration you are mistaken. They have given us plenty of reason to doubt many things. That said, every claim must stand on its own merits. Time to get off your high horse, and again, make your case.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  09:27:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by courageouslion

Wow! Three responses. Well the pictures I see with scale considered show a 16 foot hole. The hole in the E-ring has a number of fire fighters standing by it and it is also about 16 foot. I realize that the wings aren't going to go through re-enforced concrete...thus where are the wings? Where are the 9 foot diameter engines that weight 6 tons each?

As for the footage, I have a copy of CNN's video America Remembers and I slowed it down frame by frame and I can see the flash before the collisions for both planes. I seriously doubt the CNN used Photoshop to dub in the flash. Alex Jones did not do this video. A 21 year old SKEPTIC from Washington DC named Dylan Avery did the video. The video is making its rounds and Alex just has it posted. The original is a lot better quality and can be purchased from the link I showed.

The official version simply makes no sense. THAT is the conspiracy theory. To this date no one has been able to prove that Alex Jones himself every "forged" anything. And as for Dylan Avery? Since he allows free copies of the video to be passed out and doesn't seem to be in it for the money, what would he have to gain? Sorry, it just doesn't add up. I say watch the video in it's entirety and THEN we can discuss it.

If a 757 struck the Pentagon, WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OF THE PLANE?? This is another David Copperfield magic act. WHERE are the 6 ton engines? Surely they didn't just splatter into "replicator" size fragments!

I have seen "CatHerders" so called evidence at "Above Top Secret" and frankly, he stretches and stretches to fit the picture. AND he manages to miss the key point...WHERE IS THE PLANE? It didn't just hit the building and vanish. Sure...something hit the building, but the evidence including the punch through at the E ring doesn't line up with a soft bodied aluminum and titanium plane with a carbon fiber nose. There is just NO WAY that could have happened the way they say. I am SKEPTICAL. Like I have said...the government LIES about everything. Ruby Ridge, Waco, The Gulf of Tonkin incident, the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Maine, our money system, taxes...you name it.

OH, and by the way...be sure to listen to what the CNN reporter that was on the scene said about a jet. And be sure to note what happens to automobiles that get in the way of jet wash at ground level.

On September 11th 2001, America was psychologically attached with military precision and if you believe the crap they tell us, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

AFTER everyone interested in this subject has viewed "Loose Change" by Dylan Avery, then we can have a intelligent discussion. Until then, I am out of here.

According to the ASCE report, the hole was 40 feet.

There is plenty of evidence for the plane and we have done it to death here.

When the evidence fits, it is the most reasonable. Claiming that accepting the word of the government when that word is backed by independant evidence is being part of the problem will not convince us of your point.

The loose change video I am very sceptical of. The site hosting it does not give me warm fuzzy feelings and tends to indicate that it is a conspiracy theorist site through use of language.

Is there something in the video you'd like to discuss? Anything probative? Why should we believe it to be a valid source?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

courageouslion

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  09:31:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send courageouslion a Private Message
I just went back to Cat Herders "evidence", and have this to say...
The guy must work for the CIA or NSA, or else he thinks we are as dumb as he is. Whoever claims the hole in the E-ring is 60 feet wide needs to look at the parking sign. I have a legal sized parking sign on the front of my house. It is exactly 1' wide. Now look at this picture:
http://www.bornagainclassics.com/images/10ft-not60ft.jpg

Either they are using a lot smaller than 1' signs or else the hole is more like 10' NOT 16' or 60'.

Now let's look at the picture he has posted of the rim. Note the rim that is in the picture from the Pentagon has EIGHT slots and that the slots are more oval shaped than the one he shows on the 757, which by the way has 10 slots! Now, if as he claims the slots are the same size then OBVIOUSLY these are two different sized rims. If the slots are a different size, which I contend they are, the 757 rim is a LOT LARGER than the rim in the Pentagon picture.

Another thing I want you to not about Cat...his "eye witness accounts" leave out ANYONE who mentioned a missle and yet a large number of witnesses INCLUDING the editor of Space News magazine said he was convinced it was a missile. Now I suggest that the editor of Space News magazine would know the difference between a missile and a 757, wouldn't you?

His quote: I was convinced it was a missile. It came in so fast – it sounded nothing like
an airplane.” Lon Rains - editor for Space News (Pentagon eyewitness)

Now if Cat is right about his light green primer information, who is to say that the primer of many other aircraft and missiles isn't the same kind?

At this point I am just dealing with the Pentagon. I suggest that Cat recant his CIA NSA view.

If what Cat says is true, surely the 6 TON engines would be either IN SIDE the Pentagon and have left a separate NINE FOOT hole in the building or else they are laying out in front because the wall was too thick for them to penetrate. Well, do you see them ANYWHERE? Also the rotor is only 3 feet in diameter that is shown. The 9 foot engine has a lot larger rotor!

Now we can move on to the World Trade Center with this letter from Kevin Ryan who worked at Underwriters Labratory...

The collapse of the WTC
Letter by Kevin Ryan – Underwriters Laboratories November 11, 2004

The following letter was sent by Kevin Ryan of Underwriters Laboratories to Frank Gayle of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Underwriters Laboratories is the company that certified the steel componets used in the constuction of the World Trade Center towers. The information in this letter is of great importance.

Dr. Gayle,

Having recently reviewed your team's report of 10/19/04, I felt the need to contact you directly.

As I'm sure you know, the company I work for certified the steel components used in the construction of the WTC buildings. In requesting information from both our CEO and Fire Protection business manager last year, I learned that they did not agree on the essential aspects of the story, except for one thing - that the samples we certified met all requirements. They suggested we all be patient and understand that UL was working with your team, and that tests would continue through this year. I'm aware of UL's attempts to help, including performing tests on models of the floor assemblies. But the results of these tests appear to indicate that the buildings should have easily withstood the thermal stress caused by pools of burning jet fuel.

There continues to be a number of "experts" making public claims about how the WTC buildings fell. One such person, Dr. Hyman Brown from the WTC construction crew, claims that the buildings collapsed due to fires at 2000F melting the steel (1). He states "What caused the building to collapse is the airplane fuel…burning at 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit. The steel in that five-floor area melts." Additionally, the newspaper that quotes him says "Just-released preli

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  09:41:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
The ASCE report fixes the entrance hole at 40 feet.

You have an exit hole.

We have also posted links in this thread to structural engineers findings concerning the tensile strength of steel under extreme fire conditions. The tensile strength falls of well before melting.

Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 10/19/2005 11:06:00
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  11:02:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
I decided to view the "video" loose change. It only has a 3:11 preview which shows appalling misunderstandings concerning flash, reflectivity, and the nature of impact fires. That is, if I didn't want to plunk down my honest earned cash for what looks like even more tripe.

You have given me no reason to spend that kind of money considering the severe lack of understanding being shown by the authors of the film. I have seen flashes from aircraft which dwarfed their size. It looks more like the flash from glass shattering and reflections of the sun from a steel colored section of fuselage. The impact site of the second aircraft shows the flash of impact (not necessarily where the fire would immediately start) and then a flash of office consumables going up (electrical in nature it appears). One must keep in mind that no fuel systems reach the nose of the aircraft. The fuel is carried in a belly tank and in the wings of the aircraft.

The other thing that makes me question it is that the author doesn't have his name associated with the project.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  12:15:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Just a thought: if a missil was responsible for that amount of damage to the Pentagon, it would have gone off with an unmistakable explosion. I mean, we're talking 8 inch gun class explosion, here. There would have been no question. Further, there would have been a chemical signature from the explosive. I have not read nor heard of either.

As for the rewiring of the Trade Centers, setting an implosive series of charges would require a lot of damage to the interior of the building to get at the main support structure. It is simply not done, nor even possible to do, in any sort of a tidy way, unlike running wire. And it would have involved hundreds of charges.

Now then put on a pair of gloves, then take a piece of steel coathanger wire and heat a small section of it in the middle with a propane torch. When it reaches a dull red color, give it a good shake. It will bend way before it reaches melting temperture. As the steel heated, it became weaker until, like the wire, it bent under the strain of supporting the great weight above it. This would have happened well before the steel reached even dull red.

The support girders did not melt, but merely got hot enough to lose their structural integrity. Then, with the weight above the injured area multiplying as it came down, that's all it took to collapse the whole shittaree.

Welcome to SFN courageouslion! Damn, but it's good to see a dissenting opinion backing a claim with more than hand-waving!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 10/19/2005 12:18:52
Go to Top of Page

markie
Skeptic Friend

Canada
356 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  12:38:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send markie a Private Message
CourageousLion has given me pause to reconsider (yet again) my view. I wasn't aware that so many people attested to 'explosions' before the collapse, nor that (at least one of the buildings) was essentially shut down for some 'rewiring'. And the molten steel at the very base of one of the towers is odd. Also, is an essential 'free fall' of ten seconds *expected* in buildings such as these without compromising the major columns from below?

Mark

Go to Top of Page

courageouslion

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  12:42:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send courageouslion a Private Message
OK, first Filthy...you apparently have not viewed the gooberment video frames released of the explosion at the Pentagon. Sure looks big to me! And how about the witnesses that said they smelled explosives after the hit?

First the flash and wave:
Flash and Detonation Wave
Air Force Lt. Col. Marc Abshire -- from in his office on the D ring, near the eighth corridor
It shot me back in my chair. There was a huge blast. I could feel the air shock wave of it. I didn't know exactly what it was. It didn't rumble. It was more of a direct smack.
www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/daily/sep01/attack.html

Terry Morin, a former USMC aviator -- heard from the BMDO offices at the old Navy Annex
I saw the flash and subsequent fireball rise approximately 200 feet above the Pentagon. There was a large explosion noise and the low frequency sound echo that comes with this type of sound. Associated with that was the increase in air pressure, momentarily, like a small gust of wind. For those formerly in the military, it sounded like a 2000lb bomb going off 1/2 mile in front of you.
www.coping.org/911/survivor/pentagon.htm

James S Robbins -- from office 1 1/2 miles from Pentagon
There was a silvery flash, an explosion, and a dark, mushroom shaped cloud rose over the building. I froze, gaping for a second until the sound of the detonation, a sharp pop at that distance, shook me out of it.
www.nationalreview.com/robbins/robbins040902.asp

Jeff Anlauf -- from 14th floor of the Sheraton Hotel, located 1.6 miles from the explosion
Then, about 5 seconds later, the whole hotel shook. I could feel it moving.
www.leadertelegram.com/specialreports/attack/storydetail.asp?ID=7

Peter M. Murphy -- in Mr. Murphy's office on the fourth floor of the Pentagon's outermost ring, the E-Ring, overlooking the helo-pad
At that instant, a tremendous explosion with what Mr. Murphy said was a noise "louder than any noise he had ever heard" shook the room. Mr. Murphy, who had been standing with his back to the window, was knocked entirely across the room, while Hogue was jolted into his office.
www.mca-marines.org/Leatherneck/nov01pentagonarch.htm

Mike Dobbs --
Everyone said there was a deafening explosion, but with the adrenaline, we didn't hear it.
web.lexisnexis.com...

Noel Sepulveda -- in parking lot, over one hundred feet from explosion
For a brief moment, you could see the body of the plane sticking out from the side of the building. Then a ball of fire came from behind it. An explosion followed, sending Sepulveda flying against a light pole.
www.jimroche.com/pentagon_hero.htm

Master Sergeant Noel Sepulveda -- standing only 150 feet from the point of impact
... followed by an explosion; and the blast of the impact was so tremendous, that from his vantage point, it threw him backward over 100 feet slamming into a light pole causing him internal injuries.
www.lulac.org/Issues/Resolve/2002/30%20Sepulveda.html

SGT Dewey Snavelyles Fowler -- driving along Arlington's Quaker Lane
Then we heard an explosion and the truck rocked back and forth.
www.army.mil/soldiers/oct2001/features/aftermath.html

Navy Capt. Charles Fowler -- heard from inside the Pentagon
You could feel the building shake. You knew it was a major explosion.

Lt. Col. Ted Anderson --
We ran to the end of our building, turned left and saw nothing but huge, billowing black smoke, and a brilliant, brilliant explosion of fire
www.msnbc.com/news/635293.asp

Now the smell of
Cordite
Don Perkal --
Even before stepping outside I could smell the cordite. Then I knew explosives had been set off somewhere.
www.mcsweeneys.net/2001/09/19perkal.html

Gilah Goldsmith --
We saw a huge black cloud of smoke, she said, saying it smelled like cordite, or gun smoke.
www.guardian.co.uk/wtccrash/story/0,1300,550486,00.html

As for your heated wire hanger...fine for a wire hanger. But I did plumbing for yea

Go to Top of Page

breakballs
Sockpuppet

53 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  13:13:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send breakballs a Private Message
Finally some really skeptic American friends

THE BEST HELICOPTER PILOT IN THE WORLD
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  14:11:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

OK, first Filthy...you apparently have not viewed the gooberment video frames released of the explosion at the Pentagon. Sure looks big to me! And how about the witnesses that said they smelled explosives after the hit?

First the flash and wave:
Flash and Detonation Wave
Air Force Lt. Col. Marc Abshire -- from in his office on the D ring, near the eighth corridor
It shot me back in my chair. There was a huge blast. I could feel the air shock wave of it. I didn't know exactly what it was. It didn't rumble. It was more of a direct smack.

Terry Morin, a former USMC aviator -- heard from the BMDO offices at the old Navy Annex
I saw the flash and subsequent fireball rise approximately 200 feet above the Pentagon. There was a large explosion noise and the low frequency sound echo that comes with this type of sound. Associated with that was the increase in air pressure, momentarily, like a small gust of wind. For those formerly in the military, it sounded like a 2000lb bomb going off 1/2 mile in front of you.
www.coping.org/911/survivor/pentagon.htm

James S Robbins -- from office 1 1/2 miles from Pentagon
There was a silvery flash, an explosion, and a dark, mushroom shaped cloud rose over the building. I froze, gaping for a second until the sound of the detonation, a sharp pop at that distance, shook me out of it.
www.nationalreview.com/robbins/robbins040902.asp

Jeff Anlauf -- from 14th floor of the Sheraton Hotel, located 1.6 miles from the explosion
Then, about 5 seconds later, the whole hotel shook. I could feel it moving.
www.leadertelegram.com/specialreports/attack/storydetail.asp?ID=7

Peter M. Murphy -- in Mr. Murphy's office on the fourth floor of the Pentagon's outermost ring, the E-Ring, overlooking the helo-pad
At that instant, a tremendous explosion with what Mr. Murphy said was a noise "louder than any noise he had ever heard" shook the room. Mr. Murphy, who had been standing with his back to the window, was knocked entirely across the room, while Hogue was jolted into his office.
www.mca-marines.org/Leatherneck/nov01pentagonarch.htm

Mike Dobbs --
Everyone said there was a deafening explosion, but with the adrenaline, we didn't hear it.
web.lexisnexis.com...

Noel Sepulveda -- in parking lot, over one hundred feet from explosion
For a brief moment, you could see the body of the plane sticking out from the side of the building. Then a ball of fire came from behind it. An explosion followed, sending Sepulveda flying against a light pole.
www.jimroche.com/pentagon_hero.htm

Master Sergeant Noel Sepulveda -- standing only 150 feet from the point of impact
... followed by an explosion; and the blast of the impact was so tremendous, that from his vantage point, it threw him backward over 100 feet slamming into a light pole causing him internal injuries.
www.lulac.org/Issues/Resolve/2002/30%20Sepulveda.html

SGT Dewey Snavelyles Fowler -- driving along Arlington's Quaker Lane
Then we heard an explosion and the truck rocked back and forth.
www.army.mil/soldiers/oct2001/features/aftermath.html

Navy Capt. Charles Fowler -- heard from inside the Pentagon
You could feel the building shake. You knew it was a major explosion.

Aircraft fuel tends to act like a helfire bomb when sprayed and ingited. Sounds like an explosion.

quote:

Lt. Col. Ted Anderson --
We ran to the end of our building, turned left and saw nothing but huge, billowing black smoke, and a brilliant, brilliant explosion of fire
www.msnbc.com/

Go to Top of Page

courageouslion

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  14:56:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send courageouslion a Private Message
Well Price Valiant Dancer...I must say, you are such a skeptic! I should be such a skeptic. IF you spend an hour of your precious life watching Loose Change and still come to the conclusions you do...fine.

As it stands you are not dealing with the questions. You are skirting them. You never challenge the fact that Larry Silverstein on a CNN interview said he PULLED building 7.

You are not challenging my points about the wheel hub size, the rotor size, the fact that the 6 ton engines are missing. You simply spout the common view foisted by paid government stooges as fact.

Fine! Good for you! Your gooberment would NEVER do anything bad against us! HAAAA...Read the Northwoods Document. Heard of WACO? Ruby Ridge? The Gulf of Tonkin "incident"? The LIES to get us into "war" with Iraq? I'm feeling ill...

And as for the so called PANCAKE theory? Where was the delay caused by the floors hitting one another. The delay that had to be caused by the welds breaking at each juncture? Sure we don't know EXACTLY how long a building of that size would take to fall using the pancake THEORY, but we do know that they wouldn't fall at the speed of GRAVITY. Why did all the pieces fit nicely on flatbed semi trucks?

And by the way, the building wasn't "riveted" together. It was welded and bolted. After studying the design of the structure I came to the conclusion OUR government is full of a bunch of lying pieces of crap.
Well, actually I already knew that. It is just that NOW we REALLY have a bunch of murdering thieves running the show.

WE were attacked psychologically on that day and they have won...so far.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  16:04:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Ever seen the damage done by a 2,000 # bomb? I have.

Tbe pics of the damage done to the Pentagon, that I've seen, are not consistant with that sort of an explosion, Those, and surface to surface missiles are fused to penetrate before they detonate.

I have little interest in vidios that might or might not be have been 'improved.' But I'd be very interested in a chemical analysis of the rubble that found a lot of trace evidence of nitric and/or sulpheric acid. I might also be interested in a hypothisis as to where the missile came from. That could easily be checked out.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  16:41:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
After studying the design of the structure I came to the conclusion OUR government is full of a bunch of lying pieces of crap.
Well, actually I already knew that.
So looking at the evidence, you confirmed a belief you already held. No, you're not biased any...

The minor inconstancies you would have us make so muuch of are simply not enough to believe in the vastly improbable conspiracy to which you ascribe. Skeptics weigh the evidence. Your side of the scale is still far too light.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 10/19/2005 16:51:50
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  19:05:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by markie

And the molten steel at the very base of one of the towers is odd. Also, is an essential 'free fall' of ten seconds *expected* in buildings such as these without compromising the major columns from below?
When the large structure started to crumble, and fall down, potential energy is transformed into kinetic energy as the building accelerates in its fall, which is then expended on demolition. Demolition energy becomes demolished materials and heat.
This can easily be demonstrated: take the plastic wrapping from a six-pack of beer (the white plastic that holds the cans together at the top). When you stretch the plastic hard, you should be able to feel the temperature in the plastic increase. Given the tremendous amount of energy released when the tower went down, I'm not surprised if there were molten steel somewhere in there.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.11 seconds.