Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  15:01:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
bigbrain and sockpuppets:

What is this?

If you don't answer, you will have shown yourself (yourselves?) to be a gullible guy, a buffoon, and completely confuted. Again.

(edited to fix spelling)

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Edited by - R.Wreck on 11/26/2005 15:03:39
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  15:01:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

You'd think that if NASA (plus other countries' space programs) really wanted to cover up, they would add stars to their photos.

I'd like to hear an answer to this, bigbrain. Why doesn't NASA just add stars?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  17:36:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

It's blue with a lot of resplendent stars.[/b]

Your blue sky has "stars" (plural) in it. Got any photo evidence of that, other than our own sun? How about you taking a zoom in shot of a full moon on a clear night that shows the moon in good exposure. Let's see how many stars YOU get in the photo. I reckon next to none will show up. (that's from photography 101, remember?)

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  08:57:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Will you ever show us a diagram of your approach to launching this probe, with data taking into account gravity?

Big NASA Buffoons had to steer Cassini along this grey trajectory. Since the probe as an insignificant mass, gravity of the sun is insignificant.

However it's the same that the probe would have after the two turns round the sun.

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  09:07:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Thank you. You said:

quote:
Since the probe as an insignificant mass, gravity of the sun is insignificant.

That about wraps it up. Of course, one wonders why you just didn't launch your probe in a direct line rather than the curve - it would get you there faster. You would fly a littlecloser to the sun, but the sun's gravity is insignificant, correct?

Now to the second question (which you again avoided): are there man-made satellites in orbit right now?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 11/27/2005 09:09:54
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  12:37:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I think what the beezer really wants to see is stars. As his understanding of orbital mechanics and photography is even more abyssmal than mine, I thought I'd satisfy his monomanical craving for bright points of light.

Here ya go pal, just for you!

No, no, don't bother to thank me. Happy to oblige....

Now then, if you hunger for more, go here, and then this part of the site will clue you in on the rest of it.

A caveat: Be very careful with this site. You might find yourself learning something.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  13:39:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by filthy

I think what the beezer really wants to see is stars.

Beezer ???

I don't care of stars. I want to talk only about Cassini - Huygens Mission Hoax.

Of course, one wonders why you just didn't launch your probe in a direct line rather than the curve - it would get you there faster. You would fly a littlecloser to the sun, but the sun's gravity is insignificant, correct?

Correct, the mass of Cassini is insignificant. Therefore Cassini could go in a direct line to Saturn.

But BNB have not technology to steer a probe to Saturn because they can't represent on their screens the location of Saturn and of the probe and their mutual position.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  14:18:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
I don't care of stars. I want to talk only about Cassini - Huygens Mission Hoax.

Ok, you don't, or so you say, but others might. However, if you want to talk about Cassini-Huygens, you are going to have to come up with something besides silly, unsupported claims and accusations.

But before you discuss it further, I suggest that you first inform yourself. Thus far, you've yet to come up with anything that any other than another ignoramus would accept.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  14:41:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

Correct, the mass of Cassini is insignificant. Therefore Cassini could go in a direct line to Saturn.
Nevermind that another great Italian demonstrated that all objects, regardless of mass, fall at the same rate in a gravitational field. bigbrain obviously doesn't think much of his dead countrymen.

By the way, are there man-made satellites in Earth orbit?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  16:36:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:

But BNB have not technology to steer a probe to Saturn because they can't represent on their screens the location of Saturn and of the probe and their mutual position.

So, you now admit your first attempt at a diagram was grossly incorrect and would have wasted many days. You aren't very rigourous, are you? You have now made the same mistake you accuse the world's space agencies of making.

Now, how about them satellites?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  19:40:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
Since the probe as an insignificant mass, gravity of the sun is insignificant.

BbBBbbBbBBB is right - this is revolutionary. That is why dust just floats around in the air, you see it has a small mass, so gravity does not affect it much.

I feel so stupid - I thought all along that it was a function of volume VS surface area. Duhhhh

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  23:50:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by furshur

BbBBbbBbBBB is right - this is revolutionary. That is why dust just floats around in the air, you see it has a small mass, so gravity does not affect it much.

You don't understand very much, you are like children.

Gravity of the sun becomes important when the object has a large mass, when it's near the sun and when has a low velocity

Since Cassini has an insignificant mass, goes far from the sun and can run to Saturn at 75,000 miles per hour, BNB (Big NASA Buffoons) with their PMJ (Patented Magic Joystick) must only give smallest corrections while the probe runs towards Saturn in a direct line.

Go to Top of Page

lord_hevonen

30 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  03:21:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send lord_hevonen a Private Message
Bigbrain, try to grasp some of the basic Newtonian principles. They have been around since the late 17th century.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  05:17:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Years ago, my family was asked to keep a parrot, an amazon parrot, over a winter -- I've forgotten the reason the bird's owners couldn't keep it. It was a pretty remarkable animal. It would talk and cackle and whistle, and it was entirely charming. It often recieved comments on how bright it was; "almost human" was sometimes said of it.

Well, it was a pretty smart, indeed clever bird, I admit. But y'know, for all of it's conversation, it always said the same things and in context, it was all gibberish because it hadn't the faintest idea of what it was talking about.

It also shat a lot.

So babble, do you see the parallel here?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  07:06:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
Big Brain,

Perhaps Dave or someone else can figure out how many times you've avoided this question.

Stop being a friggin' coward.

Are there any man-made satellites in orbit around the Earth right now?

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.