New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  11:36:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message

Originally posted by pleco

Then Big buffoons haven't taken into consideration the fact that gravity exist.

Do you think BNB (Big NASA Buffoons) have steered Cassini into that incredible trajectory because of gravity?

Explain clearly your opinion, please.

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  14:18:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Yes.

No. Already has been ad nauseum.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 11/25/2005 14:20:28
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  14:31:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

If Cassini, starting from the Earth has already velocity of 65,000 miles per hour (Earth's velocity), it has reduced dramatically its speed turning two times round the sun and passing near Venus.
Let's see.

From launch to the first Venus flyby was about 386 million miles (MM) over 193 days, for an average speed of 83,438 MPH.

From there to the second Venus flyby was 648 MM over 424 days, for an average of 63,689 MPH.

From there to the Earth flyby was just 142 MM over 55 days (!), for a peak average speed of 108,108 MPH.

Then onto Jupiter after another 499 MM over 500 days, for an average of 41,621 MPH.

And then the slowest leg of the journey, the 1,279-day trip of 523 MM between Jupiter and Saturn, averaging just 17,045 MPH.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  06:47:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by Dave W.

"Originally posted by bigbrain

If Cassini, starting from the Earth has already velocity of 65,000 miles per hour (Earth's velocity), it has reduced dramatically its speed turning two times round the sun and passing near Venus".

Then onto Jupiter after another 499 MM over 500 days, for an average of 41,621 MPH.
And then the slowest leg of the journey, the 1,279-day trip of 523 MM between Jupiter and Saturn, averaging just 17,045 MPH.

You agree with me: Big NASA Buffoons has reduced dramatically Cassini's velocity making the probe to turn two times round the sun and passing near Venus.
Therefore BNB are emeritus idiots.

Edited by - bigbrain on 11/26/2005 06:55:20
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  07:05:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Originally posted by Dave W.

"Originally posted by bigbrain

If Cassini, starting from the Earth has already velocity of 65,000 miles per hour (Earth's velocity), it has reduced dramatically its speed turning two times round the sun and passing near Venus".

You agree with me: Big NASA Buffoons has reduced dramatically Cassini's velocity making the probe to turn two times round the sun and passing near Venus.
Therefore BNB are emeritus idiots.

Sooo, quote mining, I see.

I am disappointed. I had thought that that was beneath even you.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  07:24:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/11/26/japan.probe.ap/index.html

You just gotta like this news!

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  09:01:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

You agree with me: Big NASA Buffoons has reduced dramatically Cassini's velocity...
No, the Sun did that all by itself.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  09:25:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Dave W. posted AVERAGES, not a graph showing velocity over time. Go to the wikipedia entry for this mission and they have a graph showing sun-relative velocity for the probe from launch. It is quite easy to see why the boost was needed, unless you don't believe the data. If you don't believe the data, there is no point in discussing unless you have your own graph.

Will you ever show us a diagram of your approach to launching this probe, with data taking into account gravity?

Will you ever answer the question: Do man-made satellites exist in orbit right now?

Now move on to another topic that has already been discussed, basically because you have run out of things to "discuss".

Maybe we should discuss if the Russians were able to sucessfully launch Sputnik, since that little satellite started this whole thing. At that point, you can explain how anyone could pick up the signal Sputnik was emitting if Sputnik was faked.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  10:32:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Randy:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/11/26/japan.probe.ap/index.html

You just gotta like this news!

Here is a picture of comet Itokawa:

This is just a ginger root not a comet!

There are no stars in the picture!

The Japanese are big buffoons!

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  10:42:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Ginger root is a very kind description of what that actually looks like! ;-)

You'd think that if NASA (plus other countries' space programs) really wanted to cover up, they would add stars to their photos.

by Filthy
Edited by - pleco on 11/26/2005 10:42:55
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  13:48:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by R.Wreck
Here is a picture of comet Itokawa:

This is just a ginger root not a comet!
There are no stars in the picture!
The Japanese are big buffoons!

No, it's not a ginger root, it's a potato, but the Japanese are only amateurs.

The real professionals are only BNB (Big NASA Buffoons).
Look at this drawing:

BNB can steer their probe in these incredible evolutions with their PMJ (Patented Magic Joystick) connected to their computers.

They enjoy themselves a lot.
They are like children.

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  13:55:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Q: Will you ever show us a diagram of your approach to launching this probe, with data taking into account gravity?

BIGGIEFRIES: No Answer.

Q: Will you ever answer the question: Do man-made satellites exist in orbit right now?

BIGGIEFRIES: No Answer.

You, sir and/or madam, suck.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  14:17:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
Oh my, oh my, oh my, Bigbrain....what is the color of the sky in your world?

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  14:30:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by Randy

Oh my, oh my, oh my, Bigbrain....what is the color of the sky in your world?

It's blue with a lot of resplendent stars.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  14:35:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Well then, according to you, the Italians are big buffoons as well....

But ok, you want stars in a photo, so here's one with some. I only wonder why so few. Supernova:

There should be thousands of stars -- the pic's gotta be a fake.

Here's an artist's conception and we all know how phonied up those things are:

Only an idiot would believe that swindle.

And surely no no one in his right mind would buy this tripe!

Orion Constellation and nebular regions hah? It looks like an acid flashback, probably one of yours, to me.

Edited to add that my point is made for me. BBBB sees stars in a blue sky.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 11/26/2005 14:42:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds.