Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  12:40:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

Suppose the sun can attract Cassini with a big force.

Well, why have Big NASA Buffoons steered the probe round
the sun two times before going to Saturn?

What utility has had this manoeuver?
Precisely the utility NASA says it had.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  12:47:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by filthy

Gravity sling, Boronhead, gravity sling. Do some study on centripedal force and you will easily figure it out for yourself.....

Hey, fuckthy, answer with intelligence or be silent: suppose the sun can attract Cassini with a big force.

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  12:50:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by Dave W.

Precisely the utility NASA says it had.

Explain, please.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  13:02:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
NASA can explain it better than I. You've been given the link to the gravity sling-shot explanation several times. Did you never read it?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  13:15:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
quote:

Hey, fuckthy, answer with intelligence or be silent

Awww, poor pitiful Big Brain, is it necessary to resort to insults? What? Are you realizing that Davinci is rolling in his grave at your blithering stupidity? Why don't follow your own advice and "answer with intelligence or be silent".

BTW, if you missed the question before, here it is again: Are there any man-made satellites in orbit around the earth right now? Answer with intelligence or shut up.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  13:47:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Originally posted by filthy

Gravity sling, Boronhead, gravity sling. Do some study on centripedal force and you will easily figure it out for yourself.....

Hey, fuckthy, answer with intelligence or be silent: suppose the sun can attract Cassini with a big force.

Ah, but I have answered with intelligence, at least far more of that quality than you have shown in lo, these many postings in lo, these many threads.

You refuse to inform yourself, O ye with skull of iron and necrotic thought process', even when the facts are laid forth in concise language that any grade-school urchin of average wit can understand, and therefore you and your assertions are worthy of little more than ridicule....

But we are patient folk here, as has been demonstrated endlessly; if you will go back and put forth a little effort to understand that which has been generously given you, perhaps your situation here won't get worse. Remember, at the moment, you are merely a laughingstock......

And whilst you're about it, studying or not according to your whim, thank whatever mythical being(s) you might suck up to that I was never one of your school instructors.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 11/29/2005 13:52:34
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  14:14:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message

NASA can explain it better than I. You've been given the link to the gravity sling-shot explanation several times. Did you never read it?

Then you continue not to understand.

Cassini could go directly to Saturn at 75,000 miles per hour because the Earth runs at 65,000 miles per hour round the sun.

65,000 + 10,000 = 75,000

At the worst Cassini would have been able to follow the last Big NASA Buffoons trajectory without wasting time and fuel turning two times round the Earth, starting at 75,000 miles per hour directly towards Saturn.

Ask for help to sts60.

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  14:16:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
Hey Big Brain, I'm curious. Are there any man-made satellites in orbit around the earth right now?

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  14:20:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

Then you continue not to understand.

Cassini could go directly to Saturn at 75,000 miles per hour because the Earth runs at 65,000 miles per hour round the sun.

65,000 + 10,000 = 75,000

At the worst Cassini would have been able to follow the last Big NASA Buffoons trajectory without wasting time and fuel turning two times round the Earth, starting at 75,000 miles per hour directly towards Saturn.

Ask for help to sts60.

but...but...but.... It didn't BURN any fuel for this maneuver.

And additionally, you are ignoring the velocity of Saturn in your calculations.

And..... aw why bother. He'll just ignore it anyway.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  15:29:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Hey BIGBRAIN, I don't know if this has been asked yet () are there any man-made satellites in orbit around the earth?

Come on answer the question, I need a laugh - it's been a long day.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  18:48:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy:

Do some study on centripedal force and you will easily figure it out for yourself.....

Not likely, filthy, not likely. Our Mediterranean moron has shown an uncanny lack of ability to learn. It has been said that a mark of intelligence is the ability to recognize the correct answer when it is pointed out to you. So far the man of many b's is 0 for about 872.

And b-puppet-boy, how about those satellites? Continuing to ignore this question just shows what a buffoon you truly are.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  19:40:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Satellite in my eyes
Like a diamond in the sky
How I wonder
Satellite strung from t he moon
And the world your balloon
Peeping Tom for the mother station

Winter's cold spring erases
And the calm away by the storm is chasen
Everything good needs replacing
Look up, look down, all around, hey satellite

Satellite headlines read
Someone's secrets you've seen
Eyes and ears have been
Satellite dish in my yard
Tell me more, tell me more
Who's the king of your Satellite Castle?

Rest high above the clouds no restriction
Television we bounce round the world
And while I spend these hours
Five senses reeling
I laugh about the weatherman's satellite eyes

Satellite in my eyes
Like a diamond in the sky
How I wonder
Satellite strung from the moon
And the world your balloon
Peeping Tom for the mother station

Rest high above the clouds no restriction
Television we bounce round the world
And while I spend these hours
Five senses reeling
I laugh about the weatherman's satellite eyes

I just had to do it...

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 11/29/2005 19:40:26
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  13:49:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by furshur

Are there any man-made satellites in orbit around the earth?

Have BNB (Big NASA Buffoons) built those spy satellites that took photos of the biggest works for the production of nuclear bombs in Iraq?

You can go to Saturn, you can hit the comets, you can go all over the universe as you were in your house but you can't see if Iraq (few thousands miles distant from you) has plants to build nuclear bombs.

Have you really man-made spy satellites?

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  14:01:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
7 pages of this drivel, why bother?

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  14:08:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
quote:

Have BNB (Big NASA Buffoons) built those spy satellites that took photos of the biggest works for the production of nuclear bombs in Iraq?

You can go to Saturn, you can hit the comets, you can go all over the universe as you were in your house but you can't see if Iraq (few thousands miles distant from you) has plants to build nuclear bombs.

Have you really man-made spy satellites?

Big Buffoon, answer the question: Are there any man-made satellites in orbit around the earth? YES or NO?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.