New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  10:43:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Please dont classify yourself as a skeptic, my keyboard has vomit on it now.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  11:09:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
I believe that nothing happens by accident, and if it does, it will be used for the powers that be, benefit.

ROFL! Do you know why I'm laughing at this?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:01:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

WTC 7 fell faster than the speed of gravity, like it was in a vacuum.

Now I'm convined. When the laws of physics break down, that only means one thing: conspiracy. Super-advanced aliens? Or secret Pentagon R&R project? Or perhaps Pat Robertson really was right, and God was using His supernatural power to cause the building to fall so fast. Either way, Verlch, this one's the one that got me. Thanks for showing me the light!
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:04:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

quote:
I believe that nothing happens by accident, and if it does, it will be used for the powers that be, benefit.

ROFL! Do you know why I'm laughing at this?

Right. And I believe that all people are intelligent. Except for when they aren't.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:23:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
WTC 7 fell faster than the speed of gravity
Well said.
quote:
In my estimate other foreign material was burning, that wasn't present before the planes hit them.
I see.
quote:
Clear, concise and to the point.
quote:
Before 9 11 there were numerous evacuations of people, along with no bomb sniffing dogs.
Well, there you go.
quote:
It is interesting that there might have been evidence of a cover up inside the WTC 7 when it went down.
Absolutely unrefutable.
quote:
The only thing that raises my interest in the video, is the helicopter in the clouds, and the 5 or 6 white lights that look like missile shots into the top of the building, then, one second later, the building wtc 2 collapses.
Missles shot into the trade center should raise everyones interest.

This all leads me to my question to Verlich:
Do take 'window pane', 'barrels', or good ole 'sugar cubes' before you start posting?

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  12:28:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Do take 'window pane', 'barrels', or good ole 'sugar cubes' before you start posting?

Why, whatever are you talking about?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  02:03:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

quote:
WTC 7 fell faster than the speed of gravity
Well said.
quote:
In my estimate other foreign material was burning, that wasn't present before the planes hit them.
I see.
quote:
Clear, concise and to the point.
quote:
Before 9 11 there were numerous evacuations of people, along with no bomb sniffing dogs.
Well, there you go.
quote:
It is interesting that there might have been evidence of a cover up inside the WTC 7 when it went down.
Absolutely irrefutable.
quote:
The only thing that raises my interest in the video, is the helicopter in the clouds, and the 5 or 6 white lights that look like missile shots into the top of the building, then, one second later, the building wtc 2 collapses.
Missles shot into the trade center should raise every ones interest.

This all leads me to my question to Verlich:

There Ladies, there is some peer reviewed talks about the WTC.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1951610169657809939&q=9%2F11

YOu guys are having a feild day with me, due to a, ehhhhem stance about the Origins of Life.

Had I agreed with you about the Origins of Complex life, I'm sure you would be less in attack mode about other Conspiracy theories....

Anyways, you fellas are a hoot.

Have a great weekend!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  05:23:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Had I agreed with you about the Origins of Complex life, I'm sure you would be less in attack mode about other Conspiracy theories....
No, you'd still be wrong about 9/11 for a variety of reasons. I only brought up your incorrect logic on numerous other subjects because it is symptomatic of your deeply magical thinking in general. I notice, for example, that you haven't bothered to say that you've changed your mind about bats, despite the facts being in easy reach. You'd just much prefer to believe your own made-up fairy tale.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  07:37:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:

There Ladies, there is some peer reviewed talks about the WTC.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1951610169657809939&q=9%2F11

Peer reviewed? Perhaps you don't know what that means. That video is no more peer viewed than is a video montage of the Pittsburgh Steelers!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  10:35:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
My goodness, but this is an interesting thread, albeit a trifle redundant.

I would like to add that a contained but well-ventilated kerosene fire will certainly burn hot enough to turn a steel girder dull red in a very short time. Under pressure, such as from a hauck burner, it will come quickly to cherry red; either color being more than hot enough to severely weaken the structure. Add pure oxygen (heh) and the whole thing becomes an explosive that will go off spontaneously. I have wondered if there might not have been an oxygen tank of two, for whatever use, in the vicinity of the hits. But I don't know if it would have mattered much to the overall result. It could, however, be an explanation for any explosions.

I am reading that Jailhouse Judy and the NYT had advance info on the attack and chose not to run it. If true, why?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 05/20/2006 10:38:49
Go to Top of Page

trogdor
Skeptic Friend

198 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  19:43:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send trogdor a Private Message
In my advanced placement US History class we watched "loose change" recently. We will be having a discussion about the film soon. I feel fairly confident that I can back up my position, but I would like to get a few things. first of all, there was a post recently about new video footage about the pentagon being released. I can't find the actual video. any one want to find it for me?

I there a graph of the Put Options through time? I have the numbers but a graph would be great.

all eyes were on Ford Prefect. some of them were on stalks.
-Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  20:21:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by trogdor...

In my advanced placement US History class we watched "loose change" recently. We will be having a discussion about the film soon. I feel fairly confident that I can back up my position, but I would like to get a few things. first of all, there was a post recently about new video footage about the pentagon being released. I can't find the actual video. any one want to find it for me?
It looks like you can see the videos here at Judicial Watch... Defense Department Releases Two Videos of Flight 77 Crashing Into Pentagon. These are Flash videos, and I don't use that plug-in, so I can't tell for sure if that's what you're looking for. I believe Judicial Watch was the organization which was primarily responsible for having this video material released to the public, so this is probably the right stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  20:25:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

So... Are you saying that you believe "Origin of Complex life" is a conspiracy?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  20:31:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

quote:

It looks like you can see the videos here at Judicial Watch... Defense Department Releases Two Videos of Flight 77 Crashing Into Pentagon. These are Flash videos, and I don't use that plug-in, so I can't tell for sure if that's what you're looking for. I believe Judicial Watch was the organization which was primarily responsible for having this video material released to the public, so this is probably the right stuff.
I think that might be the old video with missing frames because all you see is nothing--then fireball. No plane is ever visible, which I believe is how many of the "it was a missile!" conspiracies began.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 05/30/2006 20:54:26
Go to Top of Page

trogdor
Skeptic Friend

198 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2006 :  06:00:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send trogdor a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

quote:

I think that might be the old video with missing frames because all you see is nothing--then fireball. No plane is ever visible, which I believe is how many of the "it was a missile!" conspiracies began.

Yeah, I saw one thing in the first movie that kinda sorta looked like something, But the skeptical side of me wants more. it seems very possible that the plane was moving fast enough not to be seen on a single frame, but it would be nice if it was captured on film.

all eyes were on Ford Prefect. some of them were on stalks.
-Douglas Adams
Edited by - trogdor on 05/31/2006 06:01:39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.