Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  21:06:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

I meant to say, that it took years for the tapes to be listened to by the victims families.
So far as I know, that's only happened for one of the four planes.
quote:
Another theory, I think that gave them time to make the tapes believable.
That's not a theory, that's unbridled speculation, based on nothing more than your own fever dreams.

I take your silence on my previous post to mean that yes, you consider the citizens of the United States of America who are public employees to be guilty of crimes until they are proven innocent.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  20:03:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

I meant to say, that it took years for the tapes to be listened to by the victims families.
So far as I know, that's only happened for one of the four planes.
quote:
Another theory, I think that gave them time to make the tapes believable.
That's not a theory, that's unbridled speculation, based on nothing more than your own fever dreams.

I take your silence on my previous post to mean that yes, you consider the citizens of the United States of America who are public employees to be guilty of crimes until they are proven innocent.

I consider the leaders of the world, those Skull and Bonesmen swear allegance to their order, more than the sheep of this nation.

If there is a 9/11 gate, prepare to see some fireworks, they have covered their tracks pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  20:19:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

I consider the leaders of the world, those Skull and Bonesmen swear allegance to their order, more than the sheep of this nation.
Why are they not entitled to due process?
quote:
If there is a 9/11 gate, prepare to see some fireworks, they have covered their tracks pretty good.
Yup, the lack of evidence of a conspiracy is itself evidence that the conspiracy is being successful at hiding the evidence. No wonder you believe so fervently in God: He is, by all accounts, the undisputed master of covering up the evidence that He exists.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  23:01:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:
Yup, the lack of evidence of a conspiracy is itself evidence that the conspiracy is being successful at hiding the evidence. No wonder you believe so fervently in God: He is, by all accounts, the undisputed master of covering up the evidence that He exists.

The bible says that the sun will no longer be needed in the new earth, because God will provide the light. Obviously He is too bright for us to see in our mortal bodies. Brighter than the sun and all.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  05:18:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The bible says that the sun will no longer be needed in the new earth, because God will provide the light. Obviously He is too bright for us to see in our mortal bodies. Brighter than the sun and all.

Source cite, please. I've read the Bible numerous times and never come across this passage.

Or is this another of your bat-shit crazy ideas of what the Bible says?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  06:32:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
Woo Hoo. Verlch.......

I asked for a passage cite from you. I take it from your silence that you have none and you pulled your assertion out of your ass again.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  07:22:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I wonder what the Bible says about outright lying about what it says?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  00:19:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Source cite, please. I've read the Bible numerous times and never come across this passage.

Rev 21:3-AND I HEARD A GREAT VOICE OUT OF HEAVEN (or from the throne) SAYING, BEHOLD (now), THE TABERNACLE OF GOD IS WITH MEN, AND HE WILL DWELL (or live) WITH THEM, AND THEY SHALL BE HIS PEOPLE, AND GOD HIMSELF SHALL BE WITH THEM, AND (will) BE THEIR GOD.
God the Father and God the Son shall live with men in New Jerusalem. The redeemed shall be His people. The fellowship that man had in the beginning with God was broken, because of sin. However, that fellowship has now been restored through Jesus Christ. Those that did not merely say, "Lord, Lord," but rather denied themselves and followed Jesus, shall dwell with God eternally with unspeakable joy.

I'm still reading my friend...brb....

Rev 21:23-AND THE CITY HAD NO NEED OF (or does not need) THE SUN, NEITHER OF THE MOON, TO SHINE IN IT: FOR THE GLORY OF GOD DID LIGHTEN IT (or gives it light), AND THE LAMB IS THE LIGHT (or lamp) THEREOF.
Scripture with commentary: AND THE CITY HAD NO NEED OF (or does not need) THE SUN, NEITHER OF THE MOON, TO SHINE IN IT. Note, it did not say there would not be a sun or moon, but that the city had no need of the sun, neither the moon.
There are some that say there will be no sun or moon; however, upon closer examination of the Scriptures, it does not say this, even though it may be true.
FOR THE GLORY OF GOD DID LIGHTEN IT (or gives it light), AND THE LAMB (Jesus) IS THE LIGHT (or Lamp) THEREOF. It is written, GOD IS LIGHT, AND IN HIM IS NO DARKNESS AT ALL-1 Jn 1:5. It is also written, HIS SON...BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY-Heb 1:2,3.
Also it is written, AND THERE SHALL BE NO NIGHT THERE; AND THEY NEED NO CANDLE, NEITHER LIGHT OF THE SUN; FOR THE LORD GOD GIVETH THEM LIGHT-Rev 22:5. God is light, and the "glory" of God gave the city light.

No wonder we do not dare gaze in the direction of God, sinful man, we would be consumed by His glory!!!

[Fixed Link - Dave W.]

There it is Half Mooner, before anymore burs land in your saddle, there cowboy!!!

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Edited by - verlch on 06/10/2006 00:21:50
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  05:09:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

The bible says that the sun will no longer be needed in the new earth, because God will provide the light.
Apparently, you think that the New Jerusalem is the same as the "new earth?" 'Cause, you know, New Jerusalem is only a 1,500-mile cube, and not the planet we're on now.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  09:36:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch:

...however, upon closer examination of the Scriptures, it does not say this, even though it may be true.

Remember this handy-dandy biblical disclaimer and use as needed. It works for justifying whatever insane idea you might come up with.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  17:18:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

quote:

The bible says that the sun will no longer be needed in the new earth, because God will provide the light.
Apparently, you think that the New Jerusalem is the same as the "new earth?" 'Cause, you know, New Jerusalem is only a 1,500-mile cube, and not the planet we're on now.

That's big, even for a Borg-ship...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  05:47:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rev 21:3-AND I HEARD A GREAT VOICE OUT OF HEAVEN (or from the throne) SAYING, BEHOLD (now), THE TABERNACLE OF GOD IS WITH MEN, AND HE WILL DWELL (or live) WITH THEM, AND THEY SHALL BE HIS PEOPLE, AND GOD HIMSELF SHALL BE WITH THEM, AND (will) BE THEIR GOD.
God the Father and God the Son shall live with men in New Jerusalem. The redeemed shall be His people. The fellowship that man had in the beginning with God was broken, because of sin. However, that fellowship has now been restored through Jesus Christ. Those that did not merely say, "Lord, Lord," but rather denied themselves and followed Jesus, shall dwell with God eternally with unspeakable joy.

I'm still reading my friend...brb....

Rev 21:23-AND THE CITY HAD NO NEED OF (or does not need) THE SUN, NEITHER OF THE MOON, TO SHINE IN IT: FOR THE GLORY OF GOD DID LIGHTEN IT (or gives it light), AND THE LAMB IS THE LIGHT (or lamp) THEREOF.
Scripture with commentary: AND THE CITY HAD NO NEED OF (or does not need) THE SUN, NEITHER OF THE MOON, TO SHINE IN IT. Note, it did not say there would not be a sun or moon, but that the city had no need of the sun, neither the moon.
There are some that say there will be no sun or moon; however, upon closer examination of the Scriptures, it does not say this, even though it may be true.
FOR THE GLORY OF GOD DID LIGHTEN IT (or gives it light), AND THE LAMB (Jesus) IS THE LIGHT (or Lamp) THEREOF. It is written, GOD IS LIGHT, AND IN HIM IS NO DARKNESS AT ALL-1 Jn 1:5. It is also written, HIS SON...BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY-Heb 1:2,3.
Also it is written, AND THERE SHALL BE NO NIGHT THERE; AND THEY NEED NO CANDLE, NEITHER LIGHT OF THE SUN; FOR THE LORD GOD GIVETH THEM LIGHT-Rev 22:5. God is light, and the "glory" of God gave the city light.

No wonder we do not dare gaze in the direction of God, sinful man, we would be consumed by His glory!!!

[Fixed Link - Dave W.]

There it is Half Mooner, before anymore burs land in your saddle, there cowboy!!!

A few things V.

1) I'm not Halfmooner
2) This relatres to a CITY not the ENTIRE WORLD.

But lets take the measurements of this city. 1,500 miles square. (Rev 21:16 pegs the length and breath and height of the city at 12,000 furlongs. 1 furlong = 1/8th mile = 201 meters.) Surrounded by a wall 216 feet tall (Rev 21:17 walls are 144 cubits high. A cubit is the length of the base of the elbow to the tip of the middle finger. Approx 1.5 feet or one half meter)

That's one honking huge city.

Now lets take a look at this new city unknown on earth.

Rev 21:1 puts the city in the new earth under a new heaven.

It also makes no mention of the entirety of the new earth, just this city.

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  12:26:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
quote:

quote:

I think it will be the new earth, with Jerusalem as its capital, and the cube will sit about Jerusalem.

Its obviously not here yet.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  12:46:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

I think it will be the new earth, with Jerusalem as its capital, and the cube will sit about Jerusalem.
Where is the Biblical evidence for that? You're obviously just making crap up again since those passages clearly describe A CITY of certain (huge) dimensions and God lighting up THE CITY.

And God would have to be working there, all the time. If left to natural forces, such a city would collapse under its own weight inside Earth's gravity well.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds.