New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

lººk

5 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  14:08:48  Show Profile Send lººk a Private Message
I pray to you Lord Jesus Christ, to make this topic widely read and divinely inspired by your words, your wisdom, and your teaching. Please make the members and the guests read or reply to this topic after your teaching thru me in each lesson. Amen.

(Administrator of this forum I hope you don't mind by my using this forum for Lord Jesus Light to the World. It will be one lesson per day or close to it. So it won't be cosidered spamming if I do one lesson per day or close to it. I am going to reply within this topic, not going to create another thread daily)

First lesson from Lord Jesus thru me.

Mark 4:21-25

Parable of the Lamp
21 Then Jesus asked them, "Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine.22 For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light.23 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."
24 Then he added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given*—and you will receive even more.25 To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them."

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  14:21:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Malachi 2:2-3

2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
2:3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  14:34:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
lººk, do you have anything original to state? I can find my own Bible quotes anytime. As pleco just demonstrated, and as Rev. Lovejoy of "The Simpsons" said, "The Bible says a lot of things."

If I wanted to pick a myth system to unquestioningly believe in, why should I pick that particularly mixed book of mythology?

There's a subject you could try your hand with.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  14:55:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Spam is as spam does. Our new friend lººk gets around, as this google readly shows.

Whaddya got in mind, lººk? I really should tell you that this is not a good place to come into and preach. Better you should research us a bit first.

But if you feel that you must, well, whadda hell. Welcome to SFN!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  15:20:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
This post of lººk's sure seems to be spam, but the one in this topic isn't.

Post away, but remember, you aren't preaching to the choir. You're preaching to a mob of heathens. A friendly mob of heathens, but a mob of heathens none the less.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  15:56:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by lººk...

Administrator of this forum I hope you don't mind by my using this forum for Lord Jesus Light to the World. It will be one lesson per day or close to it. So it won't be cosidered spamming if I do one lesson per day or close to it. I am going to reply within this topic, not going to create another thread daily
If your intent is to simply post quotes from other sources, you are spamming, regardless of frequency. If you had taken some time to look around the site, you would have seen this at the top of the main forum index...

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.
You'll notice it mentions how we invite "active participation". Posting messages which are simply copies of portions of existing documents, without adding your own thoughts and/or opinions, is spamming, and doesn't seem to fall anywhere within that stated purpose of SFN.

But if you do plan on posting passages from your book of myths anyway, why don't I save you a heap of trouble. Here is a link to your entire Bible, in a variety of formats, all of it, from beginning to end, every last word. There, done. Now you have no reason at all to continue spamming here. So if you have nothing more to say, if you're not willing to actively participate, thanks for stopping in, and good-bye. On the other hand, if you intend to actually involve yourself in discussions, welcome to SFN.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  16:07:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
I think we in advertently proved the existence of God and Jesus:

quote:
Please make the members and the guests read or reply to this topic after your teaching thru me in each lesson. Amen.

And apparently we don't have free will either.

I'm glad we got those questions taken care of.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  17:03:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack
So if you have nothing more to say, if you're not willing to actively participate, thanks for stopping in, and good-bye. On the other hand, if you intend to actually involve yourself in discussions, welcome to SFN.
/signed.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 05/24/2006 21:02:16
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  17:11:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by lººk

I pray to you Lord Jesus Christ, to make this topic widely read and divinely inspired by your words, your wisdom, and your teaching. Please make the members and the guests read or reply to this topic after your teaching thru me in each lesson. Amen.

Matt 6:5 "When you pray, don't be like those show-offs who love to stand up and pray in the meeting places and on the street corners. They do this just to look good. I can assure you that they already have their reward. " (quoted from here)

So, l°°k, you've already managed to show that you don't live by the book you preach. Then give us one good reason why we should listen to your sermons?

Edited to add: Do you think it's more likely that God reads this forum, rather than listening to you in private?

quote:

First lesson from Lord Jesus thru me.

Mark 4:21-25

Parable of the Lamp
21 Then Jesus asked them, "Would anyone light a lamp and then put it under a basket or under a bed? Of course not! A lamp is placed on a stand, where its light will shine.22 For everything that is hidden will eventually be brought into the open, and every secret will be brought to light.
Everything that is hidden will be brought into the open. And science is making it happen. Optics brought cells and bacteria into the open for everyone to see. Electron microscope brought even more interesting things into open. Though planets and stars and galaxies already are "in the open" literally speaking, telescopes brought these into the open. Physics begot computers which brought information into the open.
quote:
23 Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand."
Indeed, too bad there are religious people who reject what they hear. They shut their ears and refuse to understand.
quote:
24 Then he added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given*—and you will receive even more.
Basic education and psychology.
quote:
25 To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them."
And the lesson is obvious: Jesus preached humanism. And from the examples above: science, since science brings hidden things into the open and tried to explain it.

Conclusion: Science is good.

Edit: spelling.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 05/25/2006 05:29:25
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  17:29:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by lººk

(Administrator of this forum I hope you don't mind by my using this forum for Lord Jesus Light to the World. It will be one lesson per day or close to it. So it won't be cosidered spamming if I do one lesson per day or close to it. I am going to reply within this topic, not going to create another thread daily)

Administrative warning:

Ummmmm, no. If you do not actively participate in this thread beyond posting bible quotes I will consider your posts as spam. This is a discussion forum. If you want to discuss the bible or particular quotes from the bible, knock yourself out. If your plan is for a daily hit and run spamming in our forum, forget about it…

Kil

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Compassion

8 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  22:59:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Compassion a Private Message
First of all, he is not trying to show off, rather to try and spread the truth. He has God's own Word - what more does he need?

Dr. Mabuse, do you want to know what REAL science is? REAL science disproves evolution and approves of creation. Why? Look at the evidence. Tell me all the science facts you can find that prove evolution is real.

Are YOU going to heaven? Read the Bible, God's Word, to find out the truth. God is filled with compassion for you, His creation, and will reach out to bring you salvation. He sent his son, Christ Jesus, as a substitute for your sins. Accept Christ into your heart once and for all to be saved. God's deliverance from death for you is here!
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  00:01:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
Compassion wrote:
quote:
Tell me all the science facts you can find that prove evolution is real.

Oh for Pete's sake. This a skeptics forum; don't you think we've covered that topic time and time again? Why don't you click on "forums" and then go to the Creation/Evolution folder and actually discuss a specific topic instead of opening the floodgates to an incredibly huge debate as an aside in this discussion?

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Edited by - marfknox on 05/25/2006 00:01:27
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  03:01:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Compassion

First of all, he is not trying to show off, rather to try and spread the truth. He has God's own Word - what more does he need?

Dr. Mabuse, do you want to know what REAL science is? REAL science disproves evolution and approves of creation. Why? Look at the evidence. Tell me all the science facts you can find that prove evolution is real.

""Will you walk into my parlor?" said the spider to the fly;
"'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you may spy.
The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,
And I have many curious things to show when you are there."
"Oh no, no," said the little fly; "to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again."

"I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high.
Well you rest upon my little bed?" said the spider to the fly.
"There are pretty curtains drawn around; the sheets are fine and thin,
And if you like to rest a while, I'll snugly tuck you in!"
"Oh no, no," said the little fly, "for I've often heard it said,
They never, never wake again who sleep upon your bed!"

Said the cunning spider to the fly: "Dear friend, what can I do
To prove the warm affection I've always felt for you?
I have within my pantry good store of all that's nice;
I'm sure you're very welcome - will you please to take a slice?
"Oh no, no," said the little fly; "kind sir, that cannot be:
I've heard what's in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!"

"Sweet creature!" said the spider, "you're witty and you're wise;
How handsome are your gauzy wings; how brilliant are your eyes!
I have a little looking-glass upon my parlor shelf;
If you'd step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself."
"I thank you, gentle sir," she said, "for what you're pleased to say,
And, bidding you good morning now, I'll call another day."

The spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
For well he knew the silly fly would soon come back again:
So he wove a subtle web in a little corner sly,
And set his table ready to dine upon the fly;
Then came out to his door again and merrily did sing:
"Come hither, hither, pretty fly, with pearl and silver wing;
Your robes are green and purple; there's a crest upon your head;
Your eyes are like diamond bright, but mine are dull as lead!"

Alas, alas! how very soon this silly little fly,
Hearing his wily, flattering words, came slowly flitting by;
With buzzing wings she hung aloft, then near and nearer grew,
Thinking only of her brilliant eyes and green and purple hue,
Thinking only of her crested head. Poor, foolish thing! at last
Up jumped the cunning spider, and fiercely held her fast;
He dragged her up his winding stair, into the dismal den -
Within his little parlor - but she ne'er came out again!

And now, dear little children, who may this story read,
To idle, silly flattering words I pray you ne'er give heed;
Unto an evil counselor close heart and ear and eye,
And take a lesson from this tale of the spider and the fly."

-- Mary Howlett

Greetings Compassion Welcome to SFN.....

I, among others, would be very interested to see the evidence and the 'real' science of which you speak. The Theory of Evolution has been flogged so many times around here that the topic's gotten a little dull. You have a new slant on it, maybe?

Why, perhaps you can explain where all of the mammals in the Devonian strata went, and maybe even come up with a good reason why blind cave fishes have the reminents of eyes...

Marf has suggested that you study the Creation/Evolution forum before entering the parlor. I would add my voice to hers -- do not make the fly's mistake..... We only look easy.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  04:00:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
"Compassion" wrote:
quote:
Do you prefer I call you a liar or a fool? It's your choice. But clearly, it's one or the other, if not both.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/25/2006 05:04:52
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  04:48:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

First of all, he is not trying to show off, rather to try and spread the truth.
Then why is he praying like that in public, like show-offs do? It's not like he's leading the rest of us heathens in prayer since we do not share his beliefs.
quote:

He has God's own Word - what more does he need?
How about a sense of integrity?
quote:
Dr. Mabuse, do you want to know what REAL science is?
I already know what REAL science is, and I have a pretty good grasp of how it is done.
And contrary to what you have been led by your ministers to believe, it is not saying "amen" to every-and-all things written in the Bible.

quote:
REAL science disproves evolution and approves of creation.
Liar!
quote:
Why? Look at the evidence.
Then show me some undisputable evidence.
quote:
Tell me all the science facts you can find that prove evolution is real.

I can't because the of the sheer volume of evidence and information.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  04:52:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:

Please! Compassion, all look has done is post Bible passages. This is hardly "spreading" anything-- everyone here knows what the Bible is, and we have all had at least some exposure to it. Without any discussion or commentary, look's post is worthless. Moreover, his "prayer" that began his post is rather obnoxious and, as Mab suggests, nothing more than showing off.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds.