Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  04:56:47  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
It'll be the 6th of June, 2006 -- 06/06/06 -- and I am ready!

It's going to be a most auspicious day. I will get my concealed carry permit made permanent and I am going to buy my first NC Powerball lottery tickets -- six of 'em, all with some combination of three sixes.

Pastor Harry will end the suspense by telling us all who the Antichrist is -- assuming that he has already been born, of course. I'm reading that many women with that due date have had their pregnancies ended by early induced births for fear of spawning the devil's child.

How exciting! I'll be like my daughters at Christmas time. When they were small, they just couldn't sleep the night before, and tonight, I'll not either....

Edit: I was in a hurry when I put this one up and forgot to ask: What are your plans for this once per century event?

(I think that it should be an international holiday. )

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 06/05/2006 08:50:04

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  07:48:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
I'm having a barbeque, and open a bottle of blood red wine. Since it's french, perhaps I should say "bloody red".

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  11:08:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Gee, maybe I'll go see the new Omen movie. But I know the plot so it's less exciting.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  16:57:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Oh, I am! I'll make sure to sacrifice a virgin to my pagan gods.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  17:04:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

Oh, I am! I'll make sure to sacrifice a virgin to my pagan gods.

Word from Australia (where it's already the sixth) is that everything is quiet--no boiling seas or horsemen tearing across the sky. Yet.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 06/05/2006 17:04:50
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  17:06:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy
What are your plans for this once per century event?

(I think that it should be an international holiday. )

Oh, you know, trials, tribulations, plagues, world domination, inciting armageddon. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And then a nice round of golf.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  17:24:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message

I'm gona vote! Ho ho ho!

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  17:39:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
And at last, we can all openly admit to verlch that we all here are indeed Illuminati! Hurrah, and Hail Satan!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  17:45:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert
Word from Australia (where it's already the sixth) is that everything is quiet--no boiling seas or horsemen tearing across the sky. Yet.

Yup. It's now 10:40 here at GMT+10:00, so I'm guessing that even if Satan's watch is set to Zulu time, armageddon is going to be later than expected.

Seeing as I'm here, I might as well get some work done, at least until the four riders show up.

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  04:43:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
panic setting in
There's no one in the office today except me. Maybe it's starting in South Carolina. Aaarrrggggh.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  05:32:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Aside from my cat looking slightly more evil than usual, there's nothing much happening around here.

Although I don't dabble in it myself, numerology is kind of neat. With a bit of thought, you can 'prove' anything with it. It took me less than an hour to work out the numbers for my lotto tickets. It goes thus:

I will have 6 tickets of five sets of numbers each -- the points of the Pentagram. Each set of numbers has 66 for a sum twice, once with 3 numbers and once with 2, totaling 5, again, the number of points in the Pentagram. 6 X 5 = 30, but 6 X 6 = 36, a much more powerful number. The extra number turning the 30 to 36 comes from the number of tickets (6 divided by 6 added to the 6 X 5 problem), whence also comes the final 6 to make 666 out of each sum. And to seal this Faustian bargain, I will make a blood sacrifice of $6.00. I am also 66 years old, bringing the sacrifice nicely into sync with the rest of it.

How can it miss? I shall become rich and depraved by the end of the month!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  05:40:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy
How can it miss? I shall become rich and depraved by the end of the month!

What's the worst that could happen?

One out of two aint bad!

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  07:11:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
So many Doomsdays, so little time in our short human lifespans. Well, at least each new announced new End of Days gives us something wonderful to look forward to.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  07:39:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Reporting in from the Deep South: nothing yet, though we are having elections today...perhaps Roy Moore will win the Republican Primary...I would take that as a sign of the Apocalypse.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  12:49:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Well Pastor Harry has spoken but it's a bit anticlimactic if we don't know who or where this guy supposedly is.

MAITREYA is the name of The Antichrist, The Beast of Rev:13
quote:
MAITREYA WILL COME AT A TIME OF GREAT WAR AND ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL UPHEAVEL

MAITREYA WILL BE REVEALED SOON AFTER THE FIRST RAPTURE HAPPENS AND THE LORD TAKES HIS TRUE FOLLOWERS, HIS FAITHFUL REMNANT TO HEAVEN.

Edited by - beskeptigal on 06/06/2006 12:50:55
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  12:58:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
What a fucking joke!

quote:
I STRONGLY WARN AGAINST SPEAKING THE NAME OF ANTICHRIST (MAITREYA). I BELIEVE TO DO SO MAY INVOKE GREAT EVIL. AND YOU MAY HAVE AN "UNINVITED GUEST" APPEAR, MAYBE A DEMON OR SATAN HIMSELF!

Okay...

MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA MAITREYA

Bring it on Lord Satan!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.