General Discussion
 1950s parody: Destroy All Humans for PS2
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grumpy_Bear

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  19:36:18  Show Profile Send Grumpy_Bear a Private Message
Hey there folks.

Didn't know exactly where to put this post, but here goes.

I recently got the game "Destroy All Humans" for the PS2 thinking it was going to be a mundane shoot-em-up. You play a classic "grey alien" in a plot to control humanity and harvest human DNA. The gameplay is fairly standard to 1st person shooters, but that's not where the game shines.

The great stuff is in the characters and the satire on the whole McCarthy/1950s/anti-communism era. The alien main character causes all kinds of havoc, which the papers blame on communism, frenzied teenagers, and freak storms. Mind-scanning the females in the game reveals loathing for ass-pinching bosses, dependance on valium, and sexual repression, while the males think about gaining material possessions, scratching the "seven minute itch", and sexual repression.

It's a great game. Even if you're not much on shooting games, you should check this one out. Oh yeah, and if you leave the game on the main screen in the alien mothership for long periods of time, your alien leader starts taunting you with such lines as, "The title of the game is 'Destroy all Humans', not 'Screw Around on the Mothership!'"

Thanks for reading

"A person is smart; people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals..." -MIB

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  20:20:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
I was wondering what that game was like. Thanks for the mini review.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.