Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Rapture Imminent, the tiff in the holy land.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  18:01:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Paulos23

Edit: here is their website about it http://www.jl421.com/. There are some broken links in there, but if you go back to the home page you can usualy get to the page you want to from there.

Heh, I really like their PneumatiPak, for those squirt gun battles you just have to win. You would win them by the intimidation facture alone.

Not the Badonkadonk I was expecting.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  19:30:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by moakley

quote:

Edit: here is their website about it http://www.jl421.com/. There are some broken links in there, but if you go back to the home page you can usualy get to the page you want to from there.

Heh, I really like their PneumatiPak, for those squirt gun battles you just have to win. You would win them by the intimidation facture alone.

Not the Badonkadonk I was expecting.

Well if I put up those kinds of Badonkadonks I would give Dave and Kil fits.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  20:05:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal
quote:
Dang, it looks like they shut down that thread. [Rapture Ready] Could they be getting wise?
Google still has the cached link but I can't make a hyperlink.
[Link Omitted]
Copy that address without the line breaks. If I leave the line breaks in, this board adds all sorts of weird stuff. I'm sure Dave, Kil, and or @tomic can explain.

Another way to get to the same cache: copy this line
[Link Omitted]
into Google's search engine instead of the address line. Then click on the cache instead of going to the site.
It appears the link is no longer cached in Google, either. Perhaps I was doing it worng, though.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  20:38:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Boron10

It appears the link is no longer cached in Google, either. Perhaps I was doing it worng, though.
Bets that they "merged" that thread with another one. It's not like there aren't 100 threads going over there for current events in Israel, but it's easy to find threads which have been merged, anyway. Go figger that one.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  21:18:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
OK, this is going to be one hell of a stretch for a silver lining, but maybe the RR crowd will be so wrapped up in celebrating the misery and death of their fellow human beings that they'll forget to vote. I can always hope.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  14:46:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I don't know if this was brought up yet but what do you all make of Fox News calling this WWIII over and over in their coverage? There is just no way Iran or Syria want the USA to nuke them. What WWIII? Do these guys expect Iran to invade Israel or something? Or are they just going to start calling the War on Terror WWIII?

There is already the fake message, "the public trusts the Republicans on defense" going out over and over. I think it's meant to make it true rather than because it's true. The public is not so stupid they think the Iraq war has made us safer. Unfortunately the public is stupid enough to fall for the subtle message 'the Democrats are soft on defense'.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 07/18/2006 14:48:20
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  19:22:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

I don't know if this was brought up yet but what do you all make of Fox News calling this WWIII over and over in their coverage?

What you said in you second paragraph. Over-hyped and disturbing conservative nonsense for the mid term elections. If not for political gain no rational person would speak so wistfully on such a serious possibility. My dad was in WWII, a time in his life that he rarely talked about.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  10:18:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Wars dont follow scripts, I can see how it could be classified as WWIII.

WWIII the endless guerilla war. Do you really expect WWIII to be a conventional war? The current difference in power between the military haves and have nots will pretty much keep any future warfare in the unconventional category. They have not chance of matching the US/Isreali techno-capability and must work around it now.

Now that knowledge of these tactics are widespread they will never go away, making explosives is just too darn easy.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  11:17:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
No matter the term, WWIII, being justifiably applied, my point was it was inserted into the news 'talking point of the day' for a reason.

I don't think it applies at all though. The war being referred to is Israel vs a couple of neighbors, hardly WWIII.

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  11:27:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Only if you ignore the larger context. You could expand your thinking to the India/Pakistan thing or Irans involvement with NK/SYRIA/Hezbollah. Oh and Chechens vs. Russia, etc.

Really its the Muslim extreme vs. everybody else +NK as a really wild card.

Your arguement could be used on WWI, Its just Germany vs. some neighbors, Im sure the South Americans didnt feel very impressed with the 'World' moniker.

Im not really trying to make a point just being the antagonist in debate class. Cause we all know its the Free Masons at work.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  11:39:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
I was thinking maybe we could come up with a Rapture Alert level - kind of like the DEFCON levels at NORAD. So how about RAPCON (Rapture Condition)?

So, right now we are at RAPCON 3?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  11:58:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  12:22:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
I knew it was too good of an idea to be my own.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  12:29:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Heres mine, its more in the RR tradition, as I dont think they will be shedding their clothes even in Heaven.

Blue:
Only atheists believe we will ever reach condition blue, go directly to Hell.

Green:
In the unlikely event that condition green is reached, kidnapping and torturing an unbeliever may be nessisary to kick start the Rapturing process.

Yellow:
Condition yellow should automatically apply if we are within 499 years of a Roman calendar millinium.

Orange:
During condition orange be on the lookout for Demons disguised as normal humans, torture may be reqquired to makes Demons admit the truth, at which point they should be immiediatly beheaded.

Red:
If people start dying around you en mass open nostrils and welcome God's wonderful, wonderful wrath. Also Cheering loudly at any mass killing is reccomended, WHATS THAT SPELL? JESUS! Any attempts to stop meteors by the Demons should be dealt with swiftly.

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  18:37:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Love your post, Gorgo.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.