General Discussion
 Another useless study
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  11:16:41  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/05/prnw.20060905.LATU045.html

Get this, now apparently celebrities of all people are more narcissistic than the rest of us! My mind is blown, next thing they'll be telling us that politicians are more power hungry than the rest of us.

Seriously, do these people just have extra funding and lots of time or what.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  15:23:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
"groundbreaking study"

That is definitely a laughable description.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 09/05/2006 15:23:58
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  15:40:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
The NPI test divides narcissism into seven components: superiority, exhibitionism, entitlement, vanity, authority, exploitiveness, and entitlement.
Yeah, seven components. Not to mention entitlement, vanity, and entitlement.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  20:51:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Look at the fine print, HalfMooner:
Funding for this study was provided in part by the USC Department of Redundancy Department of the University of Southern California which partially provided funding for this study.
That explains it.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  21:36:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Look at the fine print, HalfMooner:
Funding for this study was provided in part by the USC Department of Redundancy Department of the University of Southern California which partially provided funding for this study.
That explains it.

In reply to that... I've got nothing.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Cookie Parker

17 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  05:37:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cookie Parker a Private Message

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrities have more narcissistic personality traits than the general population, and people with narcissistic tendencies seem to be attracted to the entertainment industry rather than the industry creating narcissists, according to a groundbreaking study conducted by researchers Drew Pinsky of the Keck School of Medicine of USC and S. Mark Young of the USC Marshall School of Business and the USC Annenberg School for Communication.

The study, which will be published in the Journal of Research in Personality (Elsevier), is the first systematic, empirical scholarly study of celebrity personality and was based on a standardized test of narcissistic personality traits administered to 200 celebrities

Gee....now see I thought these guys were all outter focused and great humanitarians who liked interacting closely with their public and gave not a thought to themselves....well, I was certainly fooled...

Blaise Pascal:

To deny, to believe, and to doubt absolutely -- this is for man what running is for a horse.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds.