Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  01:48:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GK Paul

For those of you who believe in the Big Bang here is an article that says the bible taught it first.

http://www.reasons.org/resources/fff/2000issue03/index.shtml#big_bang_the_bible_taught_it_first

--------------

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka, geologist

(From GK's link:)
quote:
All these scientists, however, were upstaged by 2500 years and more by Job, Moses, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and other Bible authors. The Bible's prophets and apostles stated explicitly and repeatedly the two most fundamental properties of the big bang, a transcendent cosmic beginning a finite time period ago and a universe undergoing a general, continual expansion. In Isaiah 42:5 both properties were declared, “This is what the Lord says—He who created the heavens and stretched them out.”
Good grief, that claim was a "stretch" indeed! Next, you'll "prove" (through some other desperate apologist's quote) that the Bible was the first to propound the Theory of Evolution. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I guess. One can only hope.

But these constant distraction tactics only make your dancing around the issues more obvious. Will you now please answer my questions about the definition of your Trinity, and evidence for it? And please address the matter I relayed from that person on your "ignore list." (Or am I on it, too? I lose track, as some of us seem to come onto it, and then back off it again.)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/17/2006 01:50:06
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  02:01:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner
quote:
Originally posted by Starman
quote:
and HalfMooner sucked up to the spoiled child
I've heard of feeding trolls but that is IMO quite silly.
Who's the quote from?
No quote, sorry if it was unclear.
My question is, why indulge this spoiled child?

Does being on his ignore list change anything? Did he provide anything before? Did he ever acknowledge his errors and lies?

You might of course feel different, but pretending that Dr. Mabuse has anything to amend for is in my opinion to suck up to him (GK Paul, that is).

Remember, he will not answer you either until you have performed, to his satisfaction, the verbal jig he asked for.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  02:20:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:

quote:
quote:
quote:
and HalfMooner sucked up to the spoiled child
I've heard of feeding trolls but that is IMO quite silly.
Who's the quote from?
No quote, sorry if it was unclear.
My question is, why indulge this spoiled child?

Does being on his ignore list change anything? Did he provide anything before? Did he ever acknowledge his errors and lies?

You might of course feel different, but pretending that Dr. Mabuse has anything to amend for is in my opinion to suck up to him (GK Paul, that is).

Remember, he will not answer you either until you have performed, to his satisfaction, the verbal jig he asked for.

Look at it this way, Starman: If GK doesn't get the joke, he's the only one who doesn't. (Except maybe you?)

Edited to add:

Look, I took pains ("I applaud others for not answering your irrelevant questions, but to get past your latest imposed blockade, I've personally caved in to your demand") to show my support for those who would not play GK Paul's little game. But Mab and I, and several others, tried to accomodate him in order to remove any excuse for his answering the questions.

You do this anyway you like, Starman. If I have to be called a "suck-up" for the tactic of giving GK enough rope to hang himself, I'll just laugh and accept that. Meanwhile, I won't be calling you names for doing what I already said was fair.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/17/2006 11:18:27
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  11:54:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

You do this anyway you like, Starman. If I have to be called a "suck-up" for the tactic of giving GK enough rope to hang himself, I'll just laugh and accept that. Meanwhile, I won't be calling you names for doing what I already said was fair.
Did not mean to offend and I don't really think that either of you are suck-ups.
You should of course both debate in ways that suit you.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2006 :  15:03:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Did not mean to offend and I don't really think that either of you are suck-ups.
You should of course both debate in ways that suit you.

Thanks for clarifying, Starman!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  18:32:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
We play the cards we've been dealt...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  08:21:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Neurosis

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

My question stands; is Pelosi a Christian?
Since she was talking about helping the unfortunate as an act of worshipping God (just like Jesus taught), and since she said so, I have little doubt that she's a Christian. Why would you even think to ask?

Well not everyone who has done some good deeds; has read the Bible; and worships, is a Christian. But if Pelosi is a Christian, that's great.

What is your point?

Well Christ said not everyone who says Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven. He also said some people have me on their lips but not in their heart. I hope Pelosi and everyone else gets to haaven; but that's not my decision.

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka - geologist

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  09:17:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
Well just for the record, I'm not reading anymore posts from Starman, Dr. Mabuse, Dave W. and Half Mooner because of rude comments made to me "after" I specifically asked that they stop. As I said before, If your reasoning and logic is strong you don't have to be rude and attack someone personally to get your point across. If the above people want to apologize thru a 3rd party fine. If a 3rd party relays a message from the above people that is in anyway derogatory toward me, than I will also not read or respond to that 3rd party.

With regard to defining the Trinity, I've already done that in Part II page 15. And I've already given substanial historical, and empiricle evidence concerning Christ and the power of Christianity. I've mentioned 3 non-Christian historians who wrote about Christ within 120 years of His birth. (Josehpus , Tacitus, and Seutonius). I will also give you a quote from Oxford historian Thomas Arnold who wrote the 3 volume "History Of Rome".

'Thousands and tens of thousands of people have gone through {the evidence of the resurrection} piece by piece, as careful as every judge summing up a most important cause. I have myself done it many times over, not to persuade others but to satisfy myself. I have been used for many years to study histories of other times, and to examine and weigh the evidence of those who have written about them, and I know of no one fact in the history of mankind which is proved by better and fuller evidence of every sort, to the understanding of a fair inquirer, than the great sign which God hath given us that Christ died and rose again from the dead."

Source: Thomas Arnold, as sited in Wilbur Smith's "Therefore Stand" (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1945) 425-26

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka - geologist

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 10/23/2006 09:30:17
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  12:01:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Wow, how did GeeMack get a pass? I guess GK Paul hasn't seen the other thread, yet.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  13:47:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
Anyone want me to apologize for them.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  14:58:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

Well just for the record, I'm not reading anymore posts from Starman, Dr. Mabuse, Dave W. and Half Mooner because of rude comments made to me "after" I specifically asked that they stop.

Then why do you insist on inviting such comments through your childish behaviour? It's not that you are without fault here, you've been pretty insulting yourself.

quote:
As I said before, If your reasoning and logic is strong you don't have to be rude and attack someone personally to get your point across.
Our reasoning and logic has escaped you uncounted times, many of them by you simply ignoring points important to the discussion at hand. That is pretty rude, and provokes the responses that you've gotten.

Why bother trying to be polite when you are not?

quote:
If the above people want to apologize thru a 3rd party fine. If a 3rd party relays a message from the above people that is in anyway derogatory toward me, than I will also not read or respond to that 3rd party.
Hypocrit.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  17:41:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I find myself watching GK Paul's continuing adolescent antics in the same way I would watch a horrible train wreck. It's not fun to watch, but there is a visceral fascination about it, and you just can't keep your eyes off it.

Here's a young fellow who had been given a very laborious and polite introduction to several scientific topics by many here, once it became known that he was a mere lad of 17 years.

Did he display the least bit of gratitude? No, no more than he has shown that he learned anything from our efforts. Instead, he has continued to tell outright lies, to make promises that he never intended to keep, and to childishly threaten to "excommunicate" those who in his judgement were "rude" to him. (In reality, he ignored extremely polite people with equal care, whenever they posed questions to him that he would rather not have to deal with.)

Given GK's fundamentally negative attitude toward learning, I don't expect he'll be any wiser at 71 than he is at 17.

GK has exposed himself as a liar, a champion of lies and other liars, an evader of questions, a user of several classes of false argument, and a rude, would-be forum bully. It's almost a pity that he doesn't yet understand that his continued presence, with his transparent lies and the use of his patented excommunicator device, only serves to hurt his own cause, tending to make, by extension, all fundamentalists look like willfully ignorant ingrates and fools.

But I must admit it is handy to have a real, live straw-man around for target practice, so I hope he'll stick around in that capacity.

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  17:55:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W....

Wow, how did GeeMack get a pass? I guess GK Paul hasn't seen the other thread, yet.
Oh, maybe you didn't notice I wasn't being rude. I was simply asking GK Paul if he is a liar, a troll, mentally ill or retarded, incapable of being honest, is actually as much of a pussy as he appears, or is for some other reason incapable of holding a rational discussion about his superstitious beliefs. All perfectly legitimate and valid questions, the answers to which will help facilitate clearer communication with him. Obviously I'm just trying to make our conversation with him much more productive for everyone, especially GK Paul. I'm sure he appreciates my concern and is just taking the necessary time to assemble a cogent, polite, and intelligent reply.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  18:24:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:

Well just for the record, I'm not reading anymore posts from Starman, Dr. Mabuse, Dave W. and Half Mooner because of rude comments made to me "after" I specifically asked that they stop.

Based upon your lack of response to the arguments made by these member and others, you were already ignoring their post.

quote:

With regard to defining the Trinity, I've already done that in Part II page 15. And I've already given substanial historical, and empiricle evidence concerning Christ and the power of Christianity. I've mentioned 3 non-Christian historians who wrote about Christ within 120 years of His birth. (Josehpus , Tacitus, and Seutonius). I will also give you a quote from Oxford historian Thomas Arnold who wrote the 3 volume "History Of Rome".

The problems with your evidence has already been presented you either ignored it or dismissed it since it was inconsistent with the truth you already knew in your heart.

quote:

'Thousands and tens of thousands of people have gone through {the evidence of the resurrection} piece by piece, as careful as every judge summing up a most important cause. I have myself done it many times over, not to persuade others but to satisfy myself. I have been used for many years to study histories of other times, and to examine and weigh the evidence of those who have written about them, and I know of no one fact in the history of mankind which is proved by better and fuller evidence of every sort, to the understanding of a fair inquirer, than the great sign which God hath given us that Christ died and rose again from the dead."

Source: Thomas Arnold, as sited in Wilbur Smith's "Therefore Stand" (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1945) 425-26

This specifically has not been addressed, but similar arguments have. It has nothing to do with evidence, rather what people believe.

You are clearly a person convinced of and commited to your faith, your beliefs. A valid question is, "Have you ever considered what evidence, if any, would it take to get you to change you mind?"

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  19:31:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Oh, yer killin' me, GeeMack!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.67 seconds.