Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  16:11:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GK Paul

I put Starman on ignore for obvious reasons.
So he can't send you private messages anymore. Did he send you any in the first place?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  22:32:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck

Careful, Starman, he might put you on "ignore". Then you'll be sorry.
So you mean I wont get the kind of answers that he just gave HalfMooner?

I will try to endure the deprivation...

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  22:45:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

So he can't send you private messages anymore.
B-b-but what if I need GK Paul's help to transfer funds out of the country?

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  11:39:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
quote:

quote:

I put Starman on ignore for obvious reasons.
So he can't send you private messages anymore. Did he send you any in the first place?

Oh so that's what the ignore feature does, OK. Well I'll just avoid reading the post once I see the name of someone I put on ignore. If a persons ideas and reasonings are strong they don't have to be rude or throw out shock words. Whenever I see rudeness and vulgarity I see a lack of logic and skeptical thinking... Some people can handle these forums intellectually but they can't handle them emotionally, and they need to recognize that in themselves or they might harm their health. (high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.)

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka - geologist

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 10/15/2006 11:42:19
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  11:58:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
To Dave W. Is Pelosi a Christian?? and if she isn't it was a wierd and arrogant thing to say even if she was joking.

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 10/15/2006 12:01:51
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  12:12:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

Whenever I see rudeness and vulgarity I see a lack of logic and skeptical thinking... Some people can handle these forums intellectually but they can't handle them emotionally, and they need to recognize that in themselves or they might harm their health. (high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.)

You can be quite amusing...

-- Terry Jones
Edited by - Starman on 10/15/2006 12:12:47
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  12:46:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
If a persons ideas and reasonings are strong they don't have to be rude or throw out shock words.
If you listened to ideas and reasoning, they wouldn't have to resort to shock words in a desperate attempt to wake you up from the Zombie state you are currently in.
quote:
Whenever I see rudeness and vulgarity I see a lack of logic and skeptical thinking...
Whenever I see you I see a lack of logic and skeptical thinking.
quote:
Some people can handle these forums intellectually but they can't handle them emotionally, and they need to recognize that in themselves or they might harm their health.

Some people can't handle to emotionally, so they have to run to Jesus and God to comfort them. In the embrace of Religion, you are holding yourself hostage through your idea of God. In one hand you are on the brink of eternal damnation, and on the other hand you are offering yourself to a fantasy of Jesus and the All Loving God to save you to eternal bliss.

I reject the nightmare of eternal damnation and the fantasy of God, because I see no evidence of neither. Once upon a time I too believed, but I came to the realisation that it was all in my mind. Once I started to disbelieve, the remaining pieces fit together and my irrational fear dissipated...

By considering Coulter infallible, you are idolizing her and that is a sin according to the Good Book. What does the Holy Spirit say about such things?
We have shown evidence time and time again that Ann Coulter is a liar and a fraud, yet you defend her and refuse to acknowledge that evidense. You try to invent excuses for her, but the only one you are fooling is youself, because we can see right through your excuses. And you have the gall to question us calling ourselves skeptics!
You are a True Believer, the opposite of what I stand for.

(edited to fix spelling)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 10/15/2006 12:47:01
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  13:57:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

To Dave W. Is Pelosi a Christian??
Ah, apparently you neglected to read what she said on the Floor prior to her "worship" comment, even though I helpfully linked directly to it. How unashamedly rude and arrogant you are, GK Paul. You've got no room to speak of logic and/or intellectualism when you blind yourself to uncomfortable evidence.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  17:34:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, apparently you neglected to read what she said on the Floor prior to her "worship" comment, even though I helpfully linked directly to it. How unashamedly rude and arrogant you are, GK Paul. You've got no room to speak of logic and/or intellectualism when you blind yourself to uncomfortable evidence.

Jeez, Dave, if that doesn't make him threaten to hold his breath until he turns blue, I don't know what will!

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  17:37:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
quote:

quote:

My question stands; is Pelosi a Christian?

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  17:57:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Since she was talking about helping the unfortunate as an act of worshipping God (just like Jesus taught), and since she said so, I have little doubt that she's a Christian. Why would you even think to ask?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  17:58:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
Unfortunately I will have to add Dr. Mabuse to my list of people I will ignore because of his rude comments. If Starman or Dr. Mabuse wants me to read their posts they can apologize thru a 3rd party. Its too bad too because I agreed with some of the things Dr. Mabuse said. But the time has come to draw a line in the sand unfortunately. I hate too be so cut and dry logical about all this. but even Christ said to the apostles that when you enter their house and they don't believe you than shake the dirt off of your sandals when you leave the house. Christ could show great love but He could also be cut and dry when the situation warranted it.

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  17:58:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck

Jeez, Dave, if that doesn't make him threaten to hold his breath until he turns blue, I don't know what will!
Well, apparently he just thinks that his question hasn't been answered. As I said, he's blind to uncomfortable evidence.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  18:00:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

I think we can be reasonably sure of this. Her maiden name is D'Alesandro-- an Italian name, and so she is likely Catholic. Her family has a long history in politics, and anything outside of maistream Judeo-Christianity is almost unheard of in Congress.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  18:02:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

I hate too be so cut and dry logical about all this.
You're not - you're displaying a crude emotional response to people who are fed up with your crude emotional responses and utter lack of logical thought. It makes you look like you're years younger than your profile claims.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.