New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  06:08:43  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Mumbo is pretty innocuous, but Jumbo eats lots of cabbage and beans and stuff, and peanuts, and farts a lot, and doesn't get invited to very many parties -- at least none of the good ones.

It seems that Pope Benny (unrelated to the late Mr. Hill) has signed a paper of some sort that will bring back Catholic Mass in Latin.
quote:
Pope set to bring back Latin Mass that divided the Church

By Ruth Gledhill, Religion Correspondent

THE Pope is taking steps to revive the ancient tradition of the Latin Tridentine Mass in Catholic churches worldwide, according to sources in Rome.

Pope Benedict XVI is understood to have signed a universal indult — or permission — for priests to celebrate again the Mass used throughout the Church for nearly 1,500 years. The indult could be published in the next few weeks, sources told The Times.

This means nothing to me, but I think it might be fun to watch as the liberal factions, who like understanding what is said in church, go at it with the conservatives who evidently don't.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  08:24:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Y'know, this reminds me of my mom's old stories, 'cause when she was a young girl, the Mass was in Latin, and she tells the children used to mock the priest throughout it. Many such memories made her stray from Catholicism altogether. Which makes me think, maybe this Pope's trying to destroy his own Church...

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  09:53:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message
It sure looks like it. You would think they would have learned.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  14:36:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Mumbo is pretty innocuous, but Jumbo eats lots of cabbage and beans and stuff, and peanuts, and farts a lot, and doesn't get invited to very many parties -- at least none of the good ones.

It seems that Pope Benny (unrelated to the late Mr. Hill) has signed a paper of some sort that will bring back Catholic Mass in Latin.
quote:
Pope set to bring back Latin Mass that divided the Church

By Ruth Gledhill, Religion Correspondent

THE Pope is taking steps to revive the ancient tradition of the Latin Tridentine Mass in Catholic churches worldwide, according to sources in Rome.

Pope Benedict XVI is understood to have signed a universal indult — or permission — for priests to celebrate again the Mass used throughout the Church for nearly 1,500 years. The indult could be published in the next few weeks, sources told The Times.

This means nothing to me, but I think it might be fun to watch as the liberal factions, who like understanding what is said in church, go at it with the conservatives who evidently don't.

Next step---- indulgences..... Luther must be laughing....

Peace
Joe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.