Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  21:10:21  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
This seems to be fairly prevelent among republicans these days.

Being anti-gay and a closted gay at the same time.

Anyone see Dawkins' "Root Of All Evil"?

Well, here's the preacher from that megachurch that kicked Dawkins off the property after a brief interview:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15536263/

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  07:44:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
quote:
Yes, probably. I'm sure you are familiar with the portion of the constitution that grants the presumption of innocence to all people, until they are proven guilty of some crime.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  03:55:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
This guys story is so full of holes.

First he claims he didn't know the guy, he even faked a question, "What was his name", in an early interview.

Then he claims he bought the meth once but the voice message sounds like a repeat buyer for sure.

He claims he went to the guy for a massage and a hotel he can't remember made the referral. When the reporter's questions got harder to answer he ended the interview.

Who is this guy kidding? His story is as fake as monopoly money.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  03:56:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Here's a news report of Spokane's anti-gay gay mayor. He resigned when caught as well.

Edited by - beskeptigal on 11/04/2006 04:17:06
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  04:16:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
And then there was our own famous pastor Bob
quote:
Moorehead, known for his charismatic preaching, came under fire late last year when it was disclosed that he had been charged with masturbating in a public restroom in Florida in 1996. Though charges were dismissed under controversial circumstances, four men subsequently accused Moorehead of sexually molesting them in the 1970s. At least 10 men have made such allegations.

Those men and others have accused Moorehead of hypocrisy in light of his longstanding condemnations of homosexuality, a major theme in his conservative Christian preaching....

Hansen reportedly has interviewed more than 10 men who alleged they were sexually molested in the 1970s as well as a middle-aged Seattle man who says Moorehead manipulated him into a consensual sexual relationship that lasted for several years, into the early 1980s.

The Seattle man spoke to the Post-Intelligencer but asked that his name not be published because he is a mental health professional.

The man, who said he met Moorehead after joining the church, contended that he was severely affected by the relationship. ``There aren't words to describe it," he said.

The man's former wife also told Hansen she caught her ex-husband and Moorehead having sex on at least two occasions, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Church Elder Jim Bennetsen yesterday confirmed that allegation is in Hansen's report, although the man and woman are not named.

(The controversial circumstances of the dismissal of charges was Pastor Bob was friends with the mayor or police chief or someone like that whom I cannot recall.)

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  04:18:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Being an anti-straight straight guy, I sympathize with these poor bastards.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  20:15:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
You think straight sex should be illegal?

Edited by - beskeptigal on 11/04/2006 20:16:10
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  20:16:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
So Gorgo, you think being an anti-gay gay person is a crime? Wow.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  20:29:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

No, but I oughtta go to Hell for it.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  04:23:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Paying a prostitute and buying and using illegal drugs are not exactly legal, are they?

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  09:13:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
gorgo said:
quote:
Paying a prostitute and buying and using illegal drugs are not exactly legal, are they?

The point of this thread was to talk about how many of these vehemently anti-gay politicians and public figures are turning out to be.... gay.

Alleged crimes commited in the process are not relevent to the topic.

Seriously, do you have some kind of disability that impairs your reading comprehension?

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  10:03:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
So, the article about Haggard had nothing to do with anything at all. Fine. Glad you told me. Yes, I guess it's all me again.

Edited to explain to Dude, as everyone else will know, Haggard was accused of having sex with a prostitute and taking drugs. Which means that Dude, without benefit of a court, is saying that Haggard is guilty of having sex with a prostitute after telling me that I could not say that Bush is guilty of crimes since he has not (and because of the nature of the corrupt system, will probably never be) convicted of crimes.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 11/05/2006 10:37:48
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  10:21:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
I'm waiting for that dumbass Bush to step forward and say, "Haggard, you're doing a heck of a job".

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  10:39:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Haggard has admitted to "sexual immorality" but seems to still be calling his accuser a liar, and not saying exactly what he did.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  13:26:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Are you deliberately trying to antagonize me gorgo? Or are you really that stupid?

This topic was about anti-gay people turning out to actually be gay themselves.

The point of this thread has nothing at all to do with any alleged crimes Hagard may have committed.

I think I'm going with the theory that you really are that stupid, until some evidence presents itself to suggest otherwise.

-- Thomas Jefferson

Hope, n.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  13:57:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
I understand the fear that drives your need to be insulting rather than to reasonably discuss issues, Dude.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 11/05/2006 13:58:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.