Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  14:42:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
Yes, I don't have time to reply to this forum now but I went into both the Ann Coulter book review forum and the Caesar's Messiah book forum and could not get into several pages on both. In the Coulter formum for pages 9-15 I would get a message that started with " Active Server Page error". I got the same message for Caesar's M. book forum pages 2,3,4.

Its been like this for several days now. Has anybody had any similiar occurences with these or other forums. And does anybody know what the problem might be.

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka - geologist

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 01/15/2007 14:45:32
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  17:44:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
I am experiencing no problems with either thread at the moment, GK Paul.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  21:24:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Try deleting your cookies, and see if that makes a difference.

Edited to add:
I don't have any problems viewing those pages.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 01/15/2007 21:43:12
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  01:15:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Try deleting your cookies, and see if that makes a difference.

Edited to add:
I don't have any problems viewing those pages.

Yes, I remember the SFN blocking cookies.

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  06:48:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
No, the SFN requires cookies.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  07:45:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Oh. Well, in that case, I'll have a couple of oatmeal/raisin, please, and black coffee...

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  08:56:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Nononono, filthy, you need to give your cookies to the SFN.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  09:15:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
But don't toss your cookies at the SFN, makes for nasty mess.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  15:39:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:

Nononono, filthy, you need to give your cookies to the SFN.

Well actually, the SFN gives you a cookie, lets you get all excited about it, and then has the nerve to ask for it back the next time (in fact every) you visit. Very antisocial behaviour if you ask me.

Mind you, I've looked at what's in 'em, and while all those bits do make more than a few bytes, they're not particularly appetizing.

An aside for those of you who might want to take your cookies with you, there are now a number of tools to allow you to do so easily. This is particularly convenient when want to avoid the situation of reading a bunch of posts on one computer, at work for example, and then log on at home some time later only to be told that you really have to read a bunch of threads you've already read, again. If you're technically savvy a google search on browser synchronization will probably get you all you need. If you're not, and want some help, I'd be happy to provide it, but will probably do so in another thread if there are any bites.

Herein endeth the hijack.

John's just this guy, you know.
Edited by - JohnOAS on 01/16/2007 15:39:36
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  17:06:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GK Paul

Yes, I don't have time to reply to this forum now but I went into both the Ann Coulter book review forum and the Caesar's Messiah book forum and could not get into several pages on both. In the Coulter formum for pages 9-15 I would get a message that started with " Active Server Page error". I got the same message for Caesar's M. book forum pages 2,3,4.

Its been like this for several days now. Has anybody had any similiar occurences with these or other forums. And does anybody know what the problem might be.

Obviously you pissed off god and he's punishing you. Or maybe it's satan. Or the flying spaghetti monster.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  17:17:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck

Obviously you pissed off god and he's punishing you. Or maybe it's satan. Or the flying spaghetti monster.

Punishment from god seems appropriate. And most likely acceptable to the willfully deluded.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  18:35:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:

True. Also, though I am not sure which, IE and firefox both can fail to load the SFN site if a certain cookie is present. In which case, you must delete your cookies and then the page will load. I had this problem a while back. Some people may remember me chatting in short spurts do to the strange behaviour of the cookies causing a "page load error".

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  05:20:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

quote:
BTW Atheists are much less likely than Christians to end up in Federal prisons.

Meh, they aren't real christians, otherwise they wouldn't be in jail.

Probably just atheists lying so as to skew the results of the poll.

I'm not surprised by that. Christ, St. Peter, St. Paul, John the Baptist, and the Rev. Martin Luther King all spent time in jail.

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  05:39:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
To Tomk80 and Neurosis, I'll refer to Filthy's post on page 4 to answer your posts about alchemy. And I know some here put down the World Book but it says that alchemists work in preparing and studying chemical substances helped the science of chemistry to develop.

In other words chemists should show gratitude to the work of the alchemists instead of criticising them -- especially since as Filthy pointed out many of their findings are still used today.

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 01/18/2007 05:45:55
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  05:48:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GK Paul

quote:
Originally posted by pleco

quote:
BTW Atheists are much less likely than Christians to end up in Federal prisons.

Meh, they aren't real christians, otherwise they wouldn't be in jail.

Probably just atheists lying so as to skew the results of the poll.

I'm not surprised by that. Christ, St. Peter, St. Paul, John the Baptist, and the Rev. Martin Luther King all spent time in jail.

What were their crimes? Unlawful assembly, blasphemy, heresy, disorderly conduct ???

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2 seconds.