Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  01:30:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Me, I'm grateful that my atheism allows me never to bathe, and to shit right in the middle of my living room. No irrational theistic restraints on this dirty atheist! Likewise, I only deal with medical personnel who are dirty, dung-throwing atheists like me.

This cleanliness fetish of the fascistic immaterialist Judeo-Christian faith is totally irrational. The Germ Theory of Disease is a Christian invention. It is merely a theory, not a fact. There are alternative theories that explain infection, rot, stench, and why people won't visit my home.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/29/2006 06:53:18
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  12:16:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Me, I'm grateful that my atheism allows me never to bathe, and to shit right in the middle of my living room. No irrational theistic restraints on this dirty atheist! Likewise, I only deal with medical personnel who are dirty, dung-throwing atheists like me.

This cleanliness fetish of the fascistic immaterialist Judeo-Christian faith is totally irrational. The Germ Theory of Disease is a Christian invention. It is merely a theory, not a fact. There are alternative theories that explain infection, rot, stench, and why people won't visit my home.

Satires finest, Halfmooner. A regular Swift, I tell you.

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

Pachomius
BANNED

62 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  17:03:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Pachomius a Private Message
About wipe or wash, anal hygiene, I am asking myself when mankind realized that anal hygiene, i.e., keeping the anal region clean and dry is good for oneself and one's neighbors; because I imagine that at some time in the past humans did not concern themselves with keeping that vicinity clean and dry.

Among animals I have noticed that some are into that routine of keeping the anal locale clean and dry; how? with their tongue. But I have seen dogs in effect wiping their anal district by dragging their hinter portion across the ground; or is it to scratch some itch?

Animals keep themselves clean and neat with their limbs any manner they can manage, but predominantly with their tongue -- my limited observation.

Care to entertain your pictorial mind with how man discovered and arrived at the skill of cleaning the anal area with his tongue; you had got to be a contortionist to achieve that feat, and also equipped with very nimble bones and rubber-like muscles. No problem however if a mother would do it to her child; that's what we see in Animal Planet and other life and world documentary channels.

I have heard from people who are on close familiarity with Muslims that they wash their anal and genital hinterlands whenever they perform functions of nature or involving nature designated by anatomy and physiology for these body surfaces.

I once took an elective course in anthropology and the lecturer had first hand knowledge of life and travels with Muslims in Muslims regions of an otherwise country with a non-Muslim majority.

He recounted that it is typical occurrence for a bus in the isolated countrysides to stop along the route to let passengers down for the needs of nature; whenever almost everyone has reported back to the bus there would be often one or two still missing and the driver would wait for them to appear in some as much as a good fraction of an hour.

You see, these missing guys are Muslims who after passing water or dropping poo they have to look for water anywhere anyhow they could find it in the wilderness. Now listen to this, washing the genito-uro-anal region is a religious observance after doing a need of nature, not much of a problem there; but where to find water in the isolation of a trip along the highway in uninhabited lands?

So, what happens? If they find some water in any spot, no matter the water is not clear, they would wash just the same, with the consequence that they get more dirty than if they had not washed but just in the case of anal downloading wipe even with their socks or anything else available close by like leaves of plants.

I told the lecturer that next time he travels with Muslims to tell them to carry water with them for that eventuality; he congratulated me for a brilliant idea.

Just maybe, religion of a certain kind could be the original motivation in keeping oneself bodily clean and neat, for mankind.

Read next post where I link up with Buddhism; since we all know that Jews and Muslims wash but what about Buddhists?

Pachomius
Go to Top of Page

Pachomius
BANNED

62 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  17:36:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Pachomius a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W. . . . . .

quote:
You see, many of the questions I ask in forums and for which also I get banned or come across people who literally hate me for them and instigated to get me thrown out, are ones which as kids and even as adults people don't want to mention; or more correctly kids are curious about but can't bring up without being stigmatized for gross impropriety.
I can tell you from our collective experiences here that it's probably not the questions you ask that got you banned, it's your attitude. That's abudantly clear looking at the JREF threads about you.

Just joking only: Dave, do you have sufficient evidence that the (1) collective experiences here [is] that it's probably not the questions you ask that got you banned, it's your attitude. (2) That's abudantly clear looking at the JREF threads about you.

Serious now: tell me honestly what you see to be my attitude which drive some people to get me banned; I am always after self-knowledge and self-improvement in my character and personality. Please write in fifty (50) words or less the highlights of my attitude or character or personality which convince you that I got deservedly banned in forums where I did get thrown out.

I had lived in dorms with all kinds of people, and as long as they just use words against me, I would not mind if the boarding authorities don't see any reasons why I should leave; but when fellow boarders resort to physical violence, then I would leave.

One thing good about web forums is that people who don't like you for any reasons they want to entertain for not liking you, they can only use words; however, the darkside of forums is that these people can easily move moderators, or moderators themselves and other powers that be themselves can close the door to you, and one last justification is that they reserve the right to ban you for any and also no reasons at all. I hope such is not the case with the present forum.

See next post for my reference to a link to Buddhism and hygiene.

Pachomius
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  18:10:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Pachomius

About wipe or wash, anal hygiene, I am asking myself when mankind realized that anal hygiene, i.e., keeping the anal region clean and dry is good for oneself and one's neighbors; because I imagine that at some time in the past humans did not concern themselves with keeping that vicinity clean and dry.

Among animals I have noticed that some are into that routine of keeping the anal locale clean and dry; how? with their tongue. But I have seen dogs in effect wiping their anal district by dragging their hinter portion across the ground; or is it to scratch some itch?

Animals keep themselves clean and neat with their limbs any manner they can manage, but predominantly with their tongue -- my limited observation.

Care to entertain your pictorial mind with how man discovered and arrived at the skill of cleaning the anal area with his tongue; you had got to be a contortionist to achieve that feat, and also equipped with very nimble bones and rubber-like muscles. No problem however if a mother would do it to her child; that's what we see in Animal Planet and other life and world documentary channels.

I have heard from people who are on close familiarity with Muslims that they wash their anal and genital hinterlands whenever they perform functions of nature or involving nature designated by anatomy and physiology for these body surfaces.

I once took an elective course in anthropology and the lecturer had first hand knowledge of life and travels with Muslims in Muslims regions of an otherwise country with a non-Muslim majority.

He recounted that it is typical occurrence for a bus in the isolated countrysides to stop along the route to let passengers down for the needs of nature; whenever almost everyone has reported back to the bus there would be often one or two still missing and the driver would wait for them to appear in some as much as a good fraction of an hour.

You see, these missing guys are Muslims who after passing water or dropping poo they have to look for water anywhere anyhow they could find it in the wilderness. Now listen to this, washing the genito-uro-anal region is a religious observance after doing a need of nature, not much of a problem there; but where to find water in the isolation of a trip along the highway in uninhabited lands?

So, what happens? If they find some water in any spot, no matter the water is not clear, they would wash just the same, with the consequence that they get more dirty than if they had not washed but just in the case of anal downloading wipe even with their socks or anything else available close by like leaves of plants.

I told the lecturer that next time he travels with Muslims to tell them to carry water with them for that eventuality; he congratulated me for a brilliant idea.

Just maybe, religion of a certain kind could be the original motivation in keeping oneself bodily clean and neat, for mankind.

Read next post where I link up with Buddhism; since we all know that Jews and Muslims wash but what about Buddhists?

Pachomius

Do dogs have religion then? What about cats? They are fatidious about hygiene more than some humans I know. Raccons, beavers, and etc. also practice hygiene. Of course without clothes, feces would simply harden and wear off on its own. There is no real danger to horses or cows about having feces on them except attracting flies.

There is no reason to think that religion beget hygiene. Especially when we consider that higher brain function is required for religion, but not for hygiene practice.

Buddhism does not prohibit cleanliness. Buddhism was developed to handle the "human condition". It lacks hygiene rules because it was not designed to handle hygiene. It also lacks a creation story because it does not attempt to answer that question either. However, since some of the precepts of Buddhism are right thoughts, rights actions, and right speech, we certainly cannot say that Buddha or Buddhist would ever advocate wrong hygiene but probably right hygiene. Buddhism is more of a philosophy than a religion. It about how to mentally acheive enlightenment. It is no surprise that less attention is paid to physical admonitions.

- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  18:17:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:

Just joking only: Dave, do you have sufficient evidence that the (1) collective experiences here [is] that it's probably not the questions you ask that got you banned, it's your attitude. (2) That's abudantly clear looking at the JREF threads about you.

The evidence is your posts. It is documented by the way if you care to get legal again. Your posts are you as a witness for your own character.
quote:

Serious now: tell me honestly what you see to be my attitude which drive some people to get me banned; I am always after self-knowledge and self-improvement in my character and personality. Please write in fifty (50) words or less the highlights of my attitude or character or personality which convince you that I got deservedly banned in forums where I did get thrown out.

If you want self improvement but refuse to acknowledge the posts of others, you are going about it the wrong way. Forums have certain guidelines and you obviously broke some of them.

quote:

I had lived in dorms with all kinds of people, and as long as they just use words against me, I would not mind if the boarding authorities don't see any reasons why I should leave; but when fellow boarders resort to physical violence, then I would leave.

So you have a hard time getting along with people even in person then.
quote:

One thing good about web forums is that people who don't like you for any reasons they want to entertain for not liking you, they can only use words; however, the darkside of forums is that these people can easily move moderators, or moderators themselves and other powers that be themselves can close the door to you, and one last justification is that they reserve the right to ban you for any and also no reasons at all. I hope such is not the case with the present forum.

Sure. When people disobey the rules they are kicked out. Personally, I think this forum is a very lenient forum very slow to take punishing action.
quote:

See next post for my reference to a link to Buddhism and hygiene.

Pachomius

A link takes all of 5 seconds to nest. Luckily, none of us are in suspense.

- Homer Simpson

- Prof. Frink

Edited by - Neurosis on 12/29/2006 18:20:34
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  20:08:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Your imagination assumes that humans were once dumber than dogs and cats, then. Why would you think that?
quote:
I can hear the lecturer's sarcasm even now.
quote:
What "certain kind of religion" might that be?
quote:
What about the ancient Greeks? How about the Vikings? Why are you so fixated upon Buddhism?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Pachomius
BANNED

62 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  21:22:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Pachomius a Private Message
What about the ancient Greeks? How about the Vikings? Why are you so fixated upon Buddhism? -- Dave

Not fixated but interested as to keep keen on Buddhist doctrines and disciplines, just like the former emperor of Japan, Hirohito, on butterflies; but you would not say that he was fixated on butterflies, would you?

Nonetheless, I will confess that I am fixated on my wife and kids, a girl and a boy -- and also abashedly though, on myself, but not without self-knowledge of my self-fixation. What is that which Brutus or was it Cassius said about Caesar? He told Caesar, "Great Caesar, you are not one person to be flattered;" then he confided to his buddies, that Caesar was greatly flattered.

So, for guys who think that I am one ego-fixated guy, thanks for the information, I love it. Go and be like me, we all need that, but be also all the time knowledgeable about our self-fixation. Remember guys, if we are not fixated with ourselves and our loving wives and our kids, then with whom? and woe indeed to anyone who is not fixated with himself and his spouse and his kids and his immediate family.

Happy New Year!

I am still looking for that webpage where a kind of reverse missionary from where? the US? has gone to Mongolia to revive Buddhism there and also to teach the folks there about hygiene, in the name of Buddhism, but primarily to help in modernizing Mongolia, similarly in the name of Buddhism. That is rich, Buddhism as a motivation for modernizing.

Be patient, I will report here as soon as I locate that webpage again.

Pachomius
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  22:57:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Wow. Still no indication that you're actually interested in a discussion, like friendly people might have.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  14:04:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:

What about the ancient Greeks? How about the Vikings? Why are you so fixated upon Buddhism? -- Dave

Not fixated but interested as to keep keen on Buddhist doctrines and disciplines, just like the former emperor of Japan, Hirohito, on butterflies; but you would not say that he was fixated on butterflies, would you?

yes.
quote:

Nonetheless, I will confess that I am fixated on my wife and kids, a girl and a boy -- and also abashedly though, on myself, but not without self-knowledge of my self-fixation. What is that which Brutus or was it Cassius said about Caesar? He told Caesar, "Great Caesar, you are not one person to be flattered;" then he confided to his buddies, that Caesar was greatly flattered.

So, for guys who think that I am one ego-fixated guy, thanks for the information, I love it. Go and be like me, we all need that, but be also all the time knowledgeable about our self-fixation. Remember guys, if we are not fixated with ourselves and our loving wives and our kids, then with whom? and woe indeed to anyone who is not fixated with himself and his spouse and his kids and his immediate family.

Happy New Year!

So... you like your kids and wife. Okay. Are you admitting your facination with Buddhism? Are you aware that you still failed to nest that link?

Anyway. The more important thing to note is that you have failed to address neither my or Dave's posts.
quote:

I am still looking for that webpage where a kind of reverse missionary from where? the US? has gone to Mongolia to revive Buddhism there and also to teach the folks there about hygiene, in the name of Buddhism, but primarily to help in modernizing Mongolia, similarly in the name of Buddhism. That is rich, Buddhism as a motivation for modernizing.

Be patient, I will report here as soon as I locate that webpage again.

Pachomius

Emphasis: I'd ask you to back up that statement, but I know you wouldn't.

It doesn't matter anyway because that link in no way would support your assertion that Buddhist are less clean than others who practice another religion. I am an atheist and I am described as a metrosexual I am so clean and fastidious. No religion, yet still clean. Cleanliness is common sense. I already have shown you that Buddhist thought advocates right actions, one of which would clearly be hygiene, especially when one considers the origins in India.

- Homer Simpson

- Prof. Frink

Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  14:07:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Wow. Still no indication that you're actually interested in a discussion, like friendly people might have.

You give people too much credit Dave. I have long given up on apologies and forum courtesy from [Insert Alias Here].

- Homer Simpson

- Prof. Frink

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  15:30:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Just a brief note on dogs "scooting": They do that primarily due to the fact they have anal scent glands that often get clogged. I imagine they get an itch when this happens, and then either try to clear it up with their teeth and tongue, or scoot.

Short-muzzled dogs, such as Pugs, have an especially hard time with anal glands, and need to have humans express the glands, since they can't reach them. Hygiene don't come into it, at least, not directly.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Mojo

10 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  16:24:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mojo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Just a brief note on dogs "scooting": They do that primarily due to the fact they have anal scent glands that often get clogged. I imagine they get an itch when this happens, and then either try to clear it up with their teeth and tongue, or scoot.

Short-muzzled dogs, such as Pugs, have an especially hard time with anal glands, and need to have humans express the glands, since they can't reach them. Hygiene don't come into it, at least, not directly.
Our previous cat had precisely this problem in the last couple of years of his life, but not necessarily from not being able to reach, as he was still able to clean the affected area. So, yes, quite possibly nothing to do with hygiene. We had to take him to the vet every now and then to have it attended to.

"You got to use your brain" - McKinley Morganfield
Go to Top of Page

Pachomius
BANNED

62 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  17:11:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Pachomius a Private Message
So you have a hard time getting along with people even in person then. -- Neurosis

Not a hard time but some minimal inconvenience to some others but not to myself, for being out of the herd, what you might consider calling a nonconformist or individualist; when everyone has to dress to the latest trends or sport some personal decor, yours truly don't but keep to my own comfortable wear and frugal embellishment, read that none.

So, maybe I am acting my character also in forums and in the process getting the goat of a lot of people here who are conditioned to be adversarial and confrontational and all worked up reading a statement of fact when all I am saying is some idea in my mind which I would like to share with others for their reactions, hopefully they can enrich my world of thoughts and musings.

Happy New Year again to all and everyone. Please, nothing adversarial or confrontational in the greeting; and if you don't feel that any happy new year is coming post midnight of December 31, well as I said several times in this forum, already, it's your privilege, and I will exempt you or dispense you from at least entertaining the possibility hopeful that the coming year will be a happy one.

Pachomius
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2006 :  17:36:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Pachomius...

So, maybe I am acting my character also in forums and in the process getting the goat of a lot of people here who are conditioned to be adversarial and confrontational and all worked up reading a statement of fact when all I am saying is some idea in my mind which I would like to share with others for their reactions, hopefully they can enrich my world of thoughts and musings.
Thanks for admitting you're a troll, Gerardo. Although that was a slightly roundabout way of saying so, at least your point was clearly made for a change.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds.