Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 FlyingCars Stifled by Politics, Politics, and War.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  17:29:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by cosmicbrat

60-seconds into the description, his face when pale, his chin dropped, he struggled to speak, he accused me of "talking in the forth dimension", barely managed to stand, managed to walk three paces, and fell flat on his face...

That capability alone ought to get you some funding from DoD or some group of that ilk.

quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

Count me in, cosmicbrat. I foresee (with no telepathy required) a distinct outcome for your flying car project, and I'm more than happy to help out.
quote:
Originally posted by cosmicbrat...

I've done a life-time of work acquiring this technology.. I've taken it as far as I can without funding... If I'm not funded by my 60th birthday (11 mnths from now), the 75-thousand pages of notes burn in the garden on my 60th [. . .]
Let me know specifically when and where that event will occur. I'll bring kerosene!

Nice spot GeeMack, I admit I couldn't force myself to read the lot. I'd like to come and help, but the time and dollars for the trip to Canada (assuming his profile is correct) make that an expensive proposition.

A second point, anyone who has that much data on such important work in just a single hardcopy form, deserves to lose it!

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  19:12:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:
Originally posted by cosmicbrat
[I've done a life-time of work acquiring this technology.. I've taken it as far as I can without funding... If I'm not funded by my 60th birthday (11 mnths from now), the 75-thousand pages of notes burn in the garden on my 60th, and I'll send a video clip of the bon-fire, and a cover story, to the mindless scientific community, for their archives... and you all can get your flying cars when the next one like me come along, in about 500 to a 1000 years...

That's not very altruistic of you.
Don't you want to be remembered as the Man Who Gave Us Flying Cars, just like Nostradamus is known for bringing us the Horoscope, and the Prophecies? Or Ian Flemming who gave us the Vaccine, even though it was an accident?

. . .

Ian Fleming gave (sold) us James Bond and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Maybe you meant Alexander Fleming, who gave us not a vaccine, but penicillin?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/17/2007 19:14:19
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  20:18:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner
Ian Fleming gave (sold) us James Bond and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Maybe you meant Alexander Fleming, who gave us not a vaccine, but penicillin?

And here I thought that you were the master of satire and irony...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  21:00:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
I suppose pointing out the development and subsequent scrapping of the Canadian built Avrocar (Avro-Canada VZ-9AV Avrocar) would be piling on?

http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero/aircraft/avro.htm

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  21:10:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:

And here I thought that you were the master of satire and irony...

Sorry! I'll try to think of a way of doing that over, with humor next time. Problem is, I'm in a humor slump. Trying to force out a new story right now, while hoping the effort won't be too mechanical or formulaic. Maybe that has out me in a nasty mood. Nothing like humor to get someone really pissed off, especially the author.

Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  21:45:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
quote:
Trying to force out a new story right now, while hoping the effort won't be too mechanical or formulaic.

You might try adding more fiber to your diet. If you add enough you won't have to force anything out.

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  22:14:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

quote:
Trying to force out a new story right now, while hoping the effort won't be too mechanical or formulaic.

You might try adding more fiber to your diet. If you add enough you won't have to force anything out.

@

It's harder to get them out the way I do it, but once out, they are much more solid. Of course, they often remain crap, either way.

Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  01:16:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Is it possible to bust the crackpot index or is there no theoretical limit?

I believe there is a theoritcal limit since their is a finite limit to the length of a post.

quote:

Also the drugs, stay off the drugs.

Quite the opposite - go back on your drugs - for your sake as well as for ours.

Given that most people have enough trouble manageing non flying cars at 6o mph, 1200 mph flying cars are not a good idea?

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  02:46:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ghost_Skeptic

quote:

Is it possible to bust the crackpot index or is there no theoretical limit?

I believe there is a theoritcal limit since their is a finite limit to the length of a post.

quote:

Also the drugs, stay off the drugs.

Quite the opposite - go back on your drugs - for your sake as well as for ours.

Given that most people have enough trouble manageing non flying cars at 6o mph, 1200 mph flying cars are not a good idea?

Jumping across the Grand Canyon would certainly loose its appeal. I have always said "We don't need flying cars." But I would not mind that 4-D TV that the exhaust fumes produce. I mean a TV that has time literally bent within its LCD display! That is cool!

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Edited by - Neurosis on 01/18/2007 02:47:00
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  02:58:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:

....Bigfoot....crazy talk.....Bigfoot again....

This manuscript will probably sell 150 million copies...
160 pages, single spaced typed 8x11...

Knowing how well David Icke is doing, is it wrong to think seriously about having this guy spout who knows what onto a page and make a few mil? Serious moral dilemma here.

- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  03:49:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Indeed, Ghost. Flying cars would be of benefit only to mortuaries and salvage yards. The human and mechanical carnage would be horrific.

And this is nothing new; it's been done ad nauseum before. Here's a google on them, and I remember this one from the early '50s. There was quite a to-do about it at the time.

Don't use kerosene to start the fire; it will make the hot dogs and marshmallows taste bad.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  03:57:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message

Did anyone read the last manuscipt! LMFAO!
quote:

he says, out of the blue, "Have you got any ideas why Sister would have a list of kids she wants killed?".. and, "Do you know why you would be on Sister's list, if she had a list, which she doesn't

Which she doesn't! LOL! Cary Grant would never say that speil.

quote:

Plus I am able to send out a fine mental red-beam, and detonate it, to see silhouettes, in pitch black darkness.. I call it "my night vision".. and I am able to bend steel, and start fires, from thousands of miles away...

And I can dump blood on all the girls who made fun of me in highschool during prom!
quote:

I suggested I should ask intelligent people what it all meant... He demanded I not mention it to anyone... I argued with him, till I noticed his fists tight and white, his face was partially psychotic red, he was biting his lip, and his teeth were grinding...

Oh Shit!
quote:

Then quietly, I watched microscopic hands rebuilding nerve-cells at the speed of sound...

At the speed of sound he saw them! Microscopic speed of sound vision! Superman doesn't even have that!
quote:

and especially when I touched a stick to it, to my back, to check for blood

"Well my spine is severed. Let me see if I am bleeding by POKING IT WITH A STICK!"
quote:

Seems weird... All the evil that Monster has done in the world.. I've done as much good in the world... Seems we are absolute opposites...

Yep, just like something out of King, or better yet M. Night Shamalan.
quote:

So I scanned it while it was dormant.. and discovered that it was connecting with every source and force it could find in the universe...

I bet its a kameamea wave! Wow, every force in the universe! How will he survive this encounter? Oh, right he will say BOO!
quote:

There is probably nothing else on the planet that smells that bad...

How about the previous pile o' shit?
quote:

It figure it would have probably hit me with an extremely powerful beam or two of raw cosmic plazma, "primary alpha antimatter molecules",

Yep, a Kameamea wave... I think....
quote:

... I'm gonna coin this as, "The World's Greatest Bluff"... It should go into the Guinness Records Book, under "Bluffs"....

I know he is mentally ill and has delusions of grandeur but is it so wrong to laugh? Psychotic delusions are funny too!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHA!!

- Homer Simpson

- Prof. Frink

Edited by - Neurosis on 01/18/2007 04:01:24
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  04:19:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I gotta admit that I'd stopped reading when I first realized the fellow was fully psychotic. I see you found some even better stuff, Neur. How could I blame you for laughing at this poor, and possibly dangerous, nut, when I'm laughing so hard, myself?

Hey, maybe he's spoofing us. If so, he's good.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/18/2007 05:58:41
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  23:04:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:

I gotta admit that I'd stopped reading when I first realized the fellow was fully psychotic. I see you found some even better stuff, Neur. How could I blame you for laughing at this poor, and possibly dangerous, nut, when I'm laughing so hard, myself?

Hey, maybe he's spoofing us. If so, he's good.

He is good. He is not the best writer in the world but so far out there is doesn't even matter. I highly suggest reading the whole piece (in tiny portions and with a sense of humor to prevent the qualm of rationality). There is some seriously funny stuff in there.

Edited to ask: Would a flying car piece in Moonscape be in poor taste, or in violation of copywright (he relinquishes all right within the post). You could probably out do him.

- Homer Simpson

- Prof. Frink

Edited by - Neurosis on 01/18/2007 23:07:42
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  00:09:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Neurosis

Edited to ask: Would a flying car piece in Moonscape be in poor taste, or in violation of copywright (he relinquishes all right within the post). You could probably out do him.

No, I suspect the best I could do would be to clean up the grammar and syntax a bit. I could do nothing at all to improve the hilarity of the piece, or his wonderful sense of the ridiculous. The guy's good.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.