Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 FlyingCars Stifled by Politics, Politics, and War.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

cosmicbrat

15 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  00:40:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit cosmicbrat's Homepage Send cosmicbrat a Private Message
Don't I "want to give you".. give you this and give you that.. and gimme this and gimme that... That's all I ever hear from everyone.. "Gimme Gimme Gimme!"..

I don't want to be remembered for anything... I just want to build these liquid electricity engines for flying cars, so I won't have to pay for gas anymore, and so I can drive at 1200mph in thu air.. but I don't have the funding, and I don't see the funding in my immediate future.. so you don't get your flying cars till I gets a lab...

Sorry for the too long post Doc Mabuse... Hope you managed to get through it unscathed dude...

Edited by - cosmicbrat on 01/31/2007 00:42:29
Go to Top of Page

cosmicbrat

15 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  00:55:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit cosmicbrat's Homepage Send cosmicbrat a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Neurosis

quote:
Originally posted by cosmicbrat

If that's the only part you identify with.. then by all means, ignore reality, and have your silly fun, playin' on the shore of your private liddle mud-puddle...

Uh, dude. You are ignoring reality! Here in the real world we 'peons' need proof of crazy and extrodinary claims. Simply saying you can do something that no one has ever done of even come close to doing is not enough. If you are so amazing why don't you compete on the worlds strongest man or at least make a you tube video?

Wring dude... I'm presenting more reality.. It's you who can't grasp any reality, but what you've been conditioned to accept...
Your "real world" can be condensed into a couple books...
You can't even begin to grasp my little claims... There's no way I should expose you to any of the big stuff... It would only cause you headaches... I don't want you to learn this stuff.. You would only hurt yourselves and others... I don't want to compete anything... And I sure don't have the funds nor interest in video... All you want is for someone to feed you your reality in tiny nibbles and tastes... I don't do breast feedings, nor diaper changes...
All I want is for you to wash your hands after you poop, so you won't be smearing your excrement all over public hardware.. so we can begin to eradicate disease... And I want you all to switch-on your minds... Is that too much to ask..?

I am telling you just a tiny wee bit of what I've done, to try to entice you into wanting to switch on your minds, and you get doing it too... I want you to get out of the synthetic reality, and into some actual reality...
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  01:39:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:

Don't I "want to give you".. give you this and give you that.. and gimme this and gimme that... That's all I ever hear from everyone.. "Gimme Gimme Gimme!"..

I don't want to be remembered for anything... I just want to build these liquid electricity engines for flying cars, so I won't have to pay for gas anymore, and so I can drive at 1200mph in thu air.. but I don't have the funding, and I don't see the funding in my immediate future.. so you don't get your flying cars till I gets a lab...

Sorry for the too long post Doc Mabuse... Hope you managed to get through it unscathed dude...

Perhaps you don't get any funding because funding is most often given for things based in reality? Just a thought. But hey, why don't you try the Pentagon, they spend billions of dollars on trying to make unproven claims work. Seems like just the avenue for you.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  04:35:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:

Gimme Gimme Gimme! He says. I want my funding, I want my lab. Sounds like your the one always asking for stuff. Why don't you build your own lab? Why don't you use your super powers to build a flying car in your garage, Huh?

Just so you know, I don't want a flying car. I think that flying cars are impractical and dangerous. I see a wreck every two days off the interstate and I can only imagine the horror of those wrecks at 1200 mph! Sounds to me like you want those flying cars, and you want that funding and you want everyone else to cater to you! If any one else cared about your 'Science 300' then the funding would roll in don't ya think?

Let's review
You claim everyone is fearful, but it is you who are scared.
You claim people want a flying car, but it is you who insist upon it.
You claim people are selfish, yet you are the selfish one.
You claim everyone who refuses your delusion is crazy, but......

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  04:52:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:
[br

Wring dude... I'm presenting more reality.. It's you who can't grasp any reality, but what you've been conditioned to accept...

A little god complex to go with your projection? I am not condition to accept anything, I am unconditioned. A little evidence would go a long way, so let us start with just an inch of it shall we?
quote:

Your "real world" can be condensed into a couple books...

Go for it Hawking (just one of the many people smarter than you by the way)
quote:

You can't even begin to grasp my little claims...

Claims need support. The claim itself, I got that. The evidence I don't got. Without the latter the former is just empty chatter.
quote:

There's no way I should expose you to any of the big stuff...

Start with the little stuff then.
quote:

I don't want you to learn this stuff..

Fine shut up about it. Contrary to what you think, I don't care about it.
quote:

And I sure don't have the funds nor interest in video...

You don't have 100 bucks!?! You don't need grants; you need welfare.

quote:

All you want is for someone to feed you your reality in tiny nibbles and tastes...

No I actually go out and learn what I want myself. I am a believer in taking what I want out of life.
quote:

I don't do breast feedings, nor diaper changes...
All I want is for you to wash your hands after you poop, so you won't be smearing your excrement all over public hardware.. so we can begin to eradicate disease... And I want you all to switch-on your minds... Is that too much to ask..?

Critical Mind, engaged. There my mind is on and I am toilet trained (have been for twenty years or so). But you should know that hand washing does not erradicate disease! Don't superheroes read at like a thousand words a minute!?! You should totally take an hour or two at the library.
quote:

I am telling you just a tiny wee bit of what I've done, to try to entice you into wanting to switch on your minds, and you get doing it too... I want you to get out of the synthetic reality, and into some actual reality...

Well your stories are not inspiring, Brat. They are hilarious, as most insane things are, but not inspiring. Believe me, no one wants to be like you.

[For everyone who may think I am being to hard on old Brat, he needs a reality check. He is under a delusion that he is very important and has a distorted reality of his fellow [regular] humans.]

- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Edited by - Neurosis on 02/02/2007 21:21:47
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  05:51:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I would like to have a flying, 1200 MPH car. I haven't been on a commercial airplane since March, 1967 and have no intention of ever getting on another, but I'd like a flying car never the less. I don't know what I'd do with such a contraption but in the spirit of "gimmie-gimmie-gimmie," I really should have one, or at least the Republicanesque desire for it. Perhaps it would make a good lawn ornament to complement a plywood, bent-over, fat lady with polkadot skivvies in the flower garden.

A flying car... Can you imagine what a DUI traffic stop would be like? And going into town for groceries, booze, and smokes would be interesting, especally when you tried to park it.

quote:
James Watt watched a kettle boil, and invented a steam engine...
I saw an X in the sky, and invented the liquid electricity engine...

A small correction: James Watt did not invent the steam engine. The properties of steam power were known to the ancient Romans and probably well before them.
quote:

The earliest human knowledge of the power of steam comes from the classical world when Heron of Alexandria described various machines using steam for such purposes as opening temple doors or to blow a horn. The engines were used to amuse or astonish rather than for practical or economic purposes. (Dickinson, 1963, 185-186). Claims have been made that the presence of slavery in Roman world ensured that the steam engine was not used in industry as slaves were a cheaper manual source of power. This argument can hardly be confirmed as we know little of the price of slaves and how much they cost to keep in classical times so we can hardly say that slavery made it uneconomic to develop an industrial steam engine. It may well have been that for long periods in the classical world slaves may have been expensive and a steam engine may well have been more economic than slaves especially for difficult jobs such as getting water out of mines. In any event it was impossible for the Romans to calculate the costs both for the development and manufacturing of a steam engine until they had actually produced one. The most likely reason the Romans never developed a steam engine was that the materials available to them were not strong enough or finely worked enough to allow an industrial steam engine and their lack of understanding of the principles of vacuums, atomspheric pressure and the properties of gases such as steam meant they did not have enough theoretical knowledge to build a steam engine.

In short, had the Romans the technology to produce the proper materials, the Christ might well have traveled by steam boat upon occasion. Interesting, no?

What precisely, is "liquid electricity?" When wiring is run for some DC application, the flow of the current is kept in mind so as not to get the polarity wrong (heater & cooling fans running backward, electronic ignitions blown, & so forth), but that's not really dealing with a liquid. What pray, are the properties of it?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/31/2007 05:57:20
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  06:16:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:

Can you imagine a day when we replace all of the internal combustion cars on wheels with flying cars capable of 1200mph? I SAID CAN YOU IMAGINE A DAY ...

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  09:45:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

...1978 late Fall.. on a planned three-week leisurely cruise across Canada, along highway number-one, along as much of the scenic-routes as I could find.. just past the Ontario border into Manitoba.. I saw two large meteorites cross a huge "X" in the sky.. and thought about it with all I had.. "What makes Alien craft's engines work", I telepathed from all my Being...
...A few minutes later, I had to park, to write the flood of new data, for three hours straight.. resulting in the crude bench manual to build a liquid electricity rocket...

Bottom-line is, You get flying cars about five years after I gets a lab and a credit card... Simple as that!...

I've done a life-time of work acquiring this technology.. I've taken it as far as I can without funding... If I'm not funded by my 60th birthday (11 mnths from now), the 75-thousand pages of notes burn in the garden on my 60th...
and
quote:
I just want to build these liquid electricity engines for flying cars, so I won't have to pay for gas anymore, and so I can drive at 1200mph in thu air.. but I don't have the funding, and I don't see the funding in my immediate future.. so you don't get your flying cars till I gets a lab...
Okay, I see now that you're not just a thief, you're an extortionist, too.

You didn't spend "a life-time of work acquiring this technology," it was freely given to you (via telepathy), only 29 years ago (half your lifetime so far).

But now, rather than give it to the world - like the gift was given to you - you're going to hold it hostage until someone gives you money.

You know what? I sincerely hope that you're correct (that you've got an engine which offers free or nearly-free power) and I also sincerely hope that you get hit by a bus sometime within in the next ten months, so that someone else can find your alleged 75,000 pages of notes unburned and publish them. That may sound cold and cruel, but offered a choice between clean, cheap energy for everyone in the world and cosmicbrat's life, I'll choose the former every time. Of course, it's important to note that I'm not advocating for someone to murder you, cosmicbrat, because the odds that you are correct are exceedingly low. So, given the actual choice between your life and what is probably 75,000 pages of utter nonsense, I choose to let you continue on in your miserable, paranoid and hypocritical existence, and advise everyone else to opt for the same thing.

Have a happy 60th birthday, cosmicbrat, and check with your local law enforcement to ensure that you don't violate any burn ordinances as you say, "screw you, humanity!"

You also wrote:
quote:
I am telling you just a tiny wee bit of what I've done...
Teaching works a lot better than telling. Perhaps that's part of your problem.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  11:22:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Speaking of awesome new engine technology, I saw on the Science channel the other day a new engine design which runs entirely on compressed air, the design is ultra efficient and produces no exaust besides air, not even water. Air is forced through a turbine and a cam rolls six pistons in and out from the center. The compressed air natrually cools the engine and the high pressure forces the engine parts away from each other reducing wear. On a standard sized air tank it could run a small vehicle like a golf cart for 2 hours and the engine only weighs like 7 Kilos I think they said.

Note: And the guy didnt require anonomous whining on a hundred web forums and managed to avoid the world-wide conspiracy against free-energy!

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  11:24:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Also from above I do believe the first steam engine was created by the Greekgyptians in Alexandria circa 100BC

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  13:09:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16904339/

Heres a flying car that also managed to avoid the world-wide conspiracy, go figure. You know I bet they didnt call everyone they met a mindless ape, that must be it.

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  17:53:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16904339/

Heres a flying car that also managed to avoid the world-wide conspiracy, go figure. You know I bet they didnt call everyone they met a mindless ape, that must be it.

Not only that, the article talks about a complete niche of manufacturers trying to develop flying cars. And they never asked spoiled brat for his opinion. Go figure...

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  21:33:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
Yea but think what they could do with liquid electricity! I still stand by my convictions about flying cars. I have nothing against new technology or going fast, I just have a huge problem with the crazy drivers I encounter on the roadway going extremely fast in the air! Crumple zones are not effective after about 500 or so .

- Homer Simpson

- Prof. Frink

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  07:03:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Neurosis

Yea but think what they could do with liquid electricity! I still stand by my convictions about flying cars. I have nothing against new technology or going fast, I just have a huge problem with the crazy drivers I encounter on the roadway going extremely fast in the air! Crumple zones are not effective after about 500 or so .

It's just a question of not letting people drive their air cars... computers anyone?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  16:31:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
So far we got what?

Flying cars stifled by safety concerns, consumer fear, engineering challenges, consumer cost, energy inefficiency, operator limitations, and, oh, yeah, uncommunicable non-designs based on psychotic celestial visions. "I saw a sign, here's my design."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/03/2007 16:33:27
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds.