Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  04:27:40  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, do not set foot in any of those latter-day Sodoms nor ever again allow your SUV to wheeze it's ponderous superstructure up to their Drive-Up Windows. Do not allow your children to have Happy Meals and report any of your congregation that does to a Christian authority. Boycott 'em, I say, for the moral purity of our nation is at dire hazard!
What the boycott of McDonald's IS NOT about

This boycott is not about hiring homosexuals.
It is not about homosexuals eating at McDonald's.
It is not about how homosexual employees are treated.

What the boycott of McDonald's IS about

It is about McDonald's, as a corporation, refusing to remain neutral in the culture wars. McDonald's has chosen not to remain neutral but to give the full weight of their corporation to promoting the homosexual agenda, including homosexual marriage.
This scaberous bit of homophobia springs, as one might expect, from The American Family Assocation; Tony Perkins' fascist-emulating little group of fundi-christian droolers that the late Jesus Christ would spit upon if the dude wasn't dead.

And the claim of innocence in the "Not About" paragraph is an outright lie. If they thought they could get away with it, these slavering whackos would gleefully burn to the ground any store employing anyone un-straight. As for the corporation "remaining neutral" in the "culture wars," I ask: What culture war? The one you and your ilk are trying so desperatly to get started? Is that the one Tony, you scurrilous pigfucker?

Heh, and the page allows comments!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 07/16/2008 04:35:59

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  04:32:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now the AFA is dead meat, soon to be ground and served up in patties. Nobody fucks with Ronald McDonald.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  09:28:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, how would one go about boycotting the American Family Association for not remaining neutral in the culture wars?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  14:11:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

So, how would one go about boycotting the American Family Association for not remaining neutral in the culture wars?
"The AFA are swine. You cannot boycott swine; hit them on the nose with a stick." ~~ Paraphrasing Mark Twain, forgotten the work.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  06:21:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All homosexuality aside, I more or less boycott Mcdonalds - and most other fast food - continuously. Their food is very unhealthy and I avoid it as much as possible.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  07:11:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi

All homosexuality aside, I more or less boycott Mcdonalds - and most other fast food - continuously. Their food is very unhealthy and I avoid it as much as possible.
Yes. I too, consider the burger-cannon's fare all but poisonous. But I'm going to break a rule and eat something at McD's just to spit at the AFA. Was going to do it on a trip to Raleigh this morning, but had something else came up & couldn't go. But I will...

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  07:18:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MMM,...poison

Really though if you are going to die anyway, why not do it with french fries? Personally I am commiting suicide by daily bacon ingestion, enjoying every minute of it.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  08:27:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't eaten anything from a McD's in ages (because, as chaloobi said, its not really food...), but I may go eat some fries today.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  09:29:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

I haven't eaten anything from a McD's in ages (because, as chaloobi said, its not really food...), but I may go eat some fries today.

The fries are over-rated. But if it's for a good cause...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  09:42:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Originally posted by chaloobi

Yes. I too, consider the burger-cannon's fare all but poisonous. But I'm going to break a rule and eat something at McD's just to spit at the AFA. Was going to do it on a trip to Raleigh this morning, but had something else came up & couldn't go. But I will...

No point in eating shit to protest shit heads. Buy it and throw it away if you want to break the boycott.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  09:45:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

MMM,...poison

Really though if you are going to die anyway, why not do it with french fries? Personally I am commiting suicide by daily bacon ingestion, enjoying every minute of it.
"Bacon tastes good, pork chops taste good..."

I like bacon but avoid mostly. Daily I try to eat dark chocolate and drink a half gallon of coffee. And at night, red wine to help me come down. You can't beat the anti-oxidants and seratonin blast.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  00:49:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is this culture war anyway? Are they suggesting that there is a war between sensible intelligent people who wish equal rights for everyone on one side, and the stupid ignoramuses on the other side?

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  02:27:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Maverick

What is this culture war anyway? Are they suggesting that there is a war between sensible intelligent people who wish equal rights for everyone on one side, and the stupid ignoramuses on the other side?
This is the American Family Association chaired by Donald Wildmon (I had thought Tony Perkins, but he's the Family Research Council. Who can keep track -- it's all the same thing anyway). It is not quite such a pit as Westboro Baptist, but he's working on it. This "culture war" bullshit is of their own devising and is meaningless to all except themselves.

Portrait of a Peckerhead

I find it amusing that they so love to use "Family" in their titles. They think that it gives their despicable organizations a lofty legitimacy when, really, they're no better than a pathetic, wannabe version of the Khmer Rouge with Bibles and a website. Open their link and check it out.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 10/18/2008 02:38:01
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  03:33:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Portrait of a Peckerhead
That is one of the funniest looking guys I've ever seen! When that fascist fundy scam of his goes into the shitter, he can work as a carnival geek or get paid good money for people taking shots at him with cream pies.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  12:14:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This "culture war" bullshit is of their own devising and is meaningless to all except themselves.

As if the nation belongs to them and no one else, and that's the way it's always been. Anyone else who happens to be all different is not welcome in Pleasantville?

I find it amusing that they so love to use "Family" in their titles. They think that it gives their despicable organizations a lofty legitimacy when, really, they're no better than a pathetic, wannabe version of the Khmer Rouge with Bibles and a website. Open their link and check it out.

Almost like they seek opportunities to be persecuted, or am I misunderstanding it all? Gay rights seem to scare them a lot, since the gay people apparently will destroy families across the nation. I guess the lives of other people do have a huge impact on their own lives, if they insist on being such busybodies.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Edited by - Maverick on 10/18/2008 12:15:37
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  10:53:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a similar note... I heard yesterday about a similar boycott and for similar reason against Disney.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.