A warning? A conspiricy theory? What?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  05:55:32  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The general consensus of the people I've talked with over last weekend is that we're fucked. I'm inclined to agree, we certainly are.

But how could this have happened? How could any loyal, democratic form of government have allowed it's country to slide into such a pit without doing something, anything, to apply the brakes? I do not believe that they didn't see something like this coming -- hell, I did and like McCain, I'm a far cry from an economist.

Well, here's something of an explanation:
Welcome to the Final Stages of the Coup...
by Larisa Alexandrovna

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
- Julius Caesar

In 2000, the long fought for and long admired democracy of the United States of America began a slow and steady decline toward fascism - a Bush family tradition - with the installment of a president - a man the citizens overwhelmingly rejected (although the funny math told a still believed myth) - by a few corrupt judges on the US Supreme Court. That coup is now nearly complete and checkmate is all but unavoidable.

Let me first point you to the Bush administration's so-called Wall Street bailout bill, here, so that you can see for yourself that this treachery is being conducted in the light of day. Fascism is finally and formally out of the right-wing closet even if the F word is not yet openly being used (although it should be, and often).

Now, if you do not yet understand that the Wall Street crisis is a man-made disaster done through intentional deregulation and corruption, I have a bridge in Alaska to sell to you (or Sara Palin does anyway). This manufactured crisis is now to be remedied, if the fiscal fascists get their way, with the total transfer of Congressional powers (the few that still remain) to the Executive Branch and the total transfer of public funds into corporate (via government as intermediary) hands.
As she goes on, she makes the ties to Prescott Bush, a Nazi admiring blackguard (don't believe it? Read the bastard's history) to our current disaster.
The Bush family, in the form of Prescott Bush, has tried a more aggressive coup before in order to install fascism in this country. This treasonous plot was called "the Business Plot," because the high-level plotters - including Prescott Bush - were Wall Street men who openly supported fascism.

It seems this time around, the Bush family is trying the more subtle approach to open bloodshed: first create a crisis, then under the guise of addressing that crisis, overthrow democracy. Yes, it does sound terribly conspiracy-theory-esque when explained just this way. But what else does one call a criminal conspiracy to destroy Congressional powers permanently, alter Judicial powers permanently, and steal public funds?

As I see it now, we have but two options and I have long alluded to hoping against hope that one of these options would not be the only one left to a peaceful people. The first and frankly most preferable option is for Congress to immediately begin impeachment proceedings against the members of this latest Business Plot.

No time needs to be wasted on hearings as we already now have in writing, formally as presented to Congress, the intentions of this administration to nullify Congressional powers permanently, to alter Judicial powers permanently, and to openly steal public funds using as blackmail the total collapse of the US economy if these powers are not handed over. You do see how this is blackmail, do you not? You do see how this is a manufactured crisis precisely designed to be used as blackmail, do you not?
The article goes on a ways, then gets some amusing updates from the Fascist Fringe.

I dunno. But I think I'll continue to hoard canned goods and ammunition. Since Bush took office, it's become a habit anyway.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 09/22/2008 05:56:25

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  07:34:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meh. I prescribe: The Culture Of Fear and The Progress Paradox for you.
Go to Top of Page

Zeked
Skeptic Friend

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  09:20:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zeked a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing new about the US economy. History is littered with fiat money systems destroying empires.

The thing that amazes most folks is that the Federal Reserve has lasted as long as it has. The ability to hide risk seems to have much to do with that.

Simple solution, follow the Constitution. The Federal Reserve is unconstitutional for the very reason we see now - inevitable economic collapse. There are no fiat money success stories. Gold and silver baking - sound money, it isn't perfect, but there is historical success after success and more success.

Legalize competeing currencies.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul434.html

Sound money

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul421.html

The Political and Economic Agenda for a Real Gold Standard

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul431.html

Time to Choose

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rozeff/rozeff222.html
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  09:43:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zeked.....

You are not only a Good Samaritan, you're an advocate of the Golden Rule (He who has the Gold, ultimately makes the Rules)!

Zeked, you're dead on with regards to gold. Stupid as the concept is that a soft, relatively useless, yellow metal could have the power to provide sustenance, housing, comfort, and even happiness; it becomes the Categorical Imperative in times like these!

Would you rather have a big shiny chunk of a yellow substance that countless people have died to possess for centuries, or a small piece of paper with a lot of zeroes printed on it?

P.S. How's my spinner coming along? Wall Street has given me aches and pains in every part of my ancient body, and a great big headache in my pooper!
Go to Top of Page

Zeked
Skeptic Friend

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  14:38:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zeked a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bngbuck

Good to hear from you.

I love Rothbard and Mises. I just lack a good foundation for comprehending some arguments. Reading Bastiat is my addiction these days. Gold is good. Fiat money is bad. How many times must history repeat itself?

"Permit me to issue and control the money of the nation and I care not who makes its laws". — Mayer Amsched Rothchild - co-creator of the Federal Reserve system.

Spinner magnet assembly is done, but I'm still waiting for a delivery of motors from Electronic Goldmine surplus. I really wish I had ordered from a different company, but I was going with the low prices. Once I have all material come in, it will be a quick turn around to get yours completed. Trying something different, should work great.

I have a crazy Aunt that is bringing me requests for spinners, so I'll start keeping quantities on hand for future interests. I could wish for a sane spokesperson, but at 85 years old, it is nice to see her enthusiastic and positive about life.

I think of myself as lucky, in the sense I took all my stock investments out three years ago and transfered them to physical assets in Asia. I'm not a complete gold bug like some I know, but it is very comforting to have a sound backup savings. I thought I was coming back to the US for just a quick stay, but it might be another year before I get back home now.

Important to enjoy what you do.
Edited by - Zeked on 09/22/2008 14:40:50
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2008 :  01:03:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

The general consensus of the people I've talked with over last weekend is that we're fucked. I'm inclined to agree, we certainly are.

But how could this have happened? How could any loyal, democratic form of government have allowed it's country to slide into such a pit without doing something, anything, to apply the brakes? I do not believe that they didn't see something like this coming -- hell, I did and like McCain, I'm a far cry from an economist.

Well, here's something of an explanation:
Welcome to the Final Stages of the Coup...
by Larisa Alexandrovna

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
- Julius Caesar

In 2000, the long fought for and long admired democracy of the United States of America began a slow and steady decline toward fascism - a Bush family tradition - with the installment of a president - a man the citizens overwhelmingly rejected (although the funny math told a still believed myth) - by a few corrupt judges on the US Supreme Court. That coup is now nearly complete and checkmate is all but unavoidable.

Let me first point you to the Bush administration's so-called Wall Street bailout bill, here, so that you can see for yourself that this treachery is being conducted in the light of day. Fascism is finally and formally out of the right-wing closet even if the F word is not yet openly being used (although it should be, and often).

Now, if you do not yet understand that the Wall Street crisis is a man-made disaster done through intentional deregulation and corruption, I have a bridge in Alaska to sell to you (or Sara Palin does anyway). This manufactured crisis is now to be remedied, if the fiscal fascists get their way, with the total transfer of Congressional powers (the few that still remain) to the Executive Branch and the total transfer of public funds into corporate (via government as intermediary) hands.
As she goes on, she makes the ties to Prescott Bush, a Nazi admiring blackguard (don't believe it? Read the bastard's history) to our current disaster.
The Bush family, in the form of Prescott Bush, has tried a more aggressive coup before in order to install fascism in this country. This treasonous plot was called "the Business Plot," because the high-level plotters - including Prescott Bush - were Wall Street men who openly supported fascism.

It seems this time around, the Bush family is trying the more subtle approach to open bloodshed: first create a crisis, then under the guise of addressing that crisis, overthrow democracy. Yes, it does sound terribly conspiracy-theory-esque when explained just this way. But what else does one call a criminal conspiracy to destroy Congressional powers permanently, alter Judicial powers permanently, and steal public funds?

As I see it now, we have but two options and I have long alluded to hoping against hope that one of these options would not be the only one left to a peaceful people. The first and frankly most preferable option is for Congress to immediately begin impeachment proceedings against the members of this latest Business Plot.

No time needs to be wasted on hearings as we already now have in writing, formally as presented to Congress, the intentions of this administration to nullify Congressional powers permanently, to alter Judicial powers permanently, and to openly steal public funds using as blackmail the total collapse of the US economy if these powers are not handed over. You do see how this is blackmail, do you not? You do see how this is a manufactured crisis precisely designed to be used as blackmail, do you not?
The article goes on a ways, then gets some amusing updates from the Fascist Fringe.

I dunno. But I think I'll continue to hoard canned goods and ammunition. Since Bush took office, it's become a habit anyway.

This sounds so much like the notion I had a couple of years back about a "secret dictatorship."

I only half believed the idea, and wrote at the time that if the Congressional elections were won by the Democrats, or were otherwise not deeply corrupted, that would disprove my notion. The Demos won, there was no massive vote scandal, and I withdrew the "secret dictatorship" idea as essentially disproved.

After eight years of the kinds of Constitutional abuses, incompetence, corruption, and lying we've seen, however, I don't blame myself for having come up with the notion, even if I accept that it proved wrong. Nor do I blame honest others.

Sometimes you have to be crazy not to be a little paranoid.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 09/23/2008 01:09:50
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  07:33:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Human history is littered with schemers and conspirers. Why do we assume - insist really - there can't be any grand political schemes afoot in our society today? I think there's very good objective evidence that the 2004 election was stolen. And the public knee-jerk reaction to the evidence is to declare it the absurd rantings of conspiracy theorists. What environment is better to conspire in?

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  08:52:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi

Human history is littered with schemers and conspirers. Why do we assume - insist really - there can't be any grand political schemes afoot in our society today? I think there's very good objective evidence that the 2004 election was stolen. And the public knee-jerk reaction to the evidence is to declare it the absurd rantings of conspiracy theorists. What environment is better to conspire in?

I would have to agree. I don't see anything wrong with that knee-jerk reaction to the claims of a conspiracy. Unfortunately most people stop right there. I do think there is very good EVIDENCE that George W. did not win either election....and that's a damn scary thought. Tells me the only way Obama can win is in a landslide.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Edited by - astropin on 09/24/2008 08:52:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.