New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  04:39:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by pleco

Yeah, I always thought "Joe Six-Pack" was a derogatory term. When she said it the first time, I couldn't believe it.
Me too. When did that become a folksy compliment? What self concept do you have to have to identify yourself as the demographic literally and exclusively associated with a 6 pack of beer and feel good about it???

I found it hi-larious that she stumbled around when trying to answer the global warming question.
I find it hilarious that she's somehow identified as an expert on energy! Why? Because Alaska produces oil and she's been governor there a couple years? How the hell does that qualify her to make energy poicy for the United States? And nobody even points out how stupid that is. WTF?

-Chaloobi

Edited by - chaloobi on 10/03/2008 04:41:44
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  04:45:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chaloobi
I find it hilarious that she's somehow identified as an expert on energy! Why? Because Alaska produces oil and she's been governor there a couple years? How the hell does that qualify her to make energy poicy for the United States? And nobody even points out how stupid that is. WTF?

She can see oil wells from her house, golly gee.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  05:01:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both sides tell untruths. Which is why they are politicians. Fact Check

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  05:46:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What really stood out for me, far more important than the excellent lip-sync work by the female, was that she has far better legs than Biden!

I was leaning a little liberal prior, but I'm solidly in the maverick herd now!
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  06:24:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As the Rude Pundit says:

Just because one does not toss shit at people for a couple of hours does not mean one is not a monkey.

by Filthy
Edited by - pleco on 10/03/2008 06:25:08
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  07:43:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck

What really stood out for me, far more important than the excellent lip-sync work by the female, was that she has far better legs than Biden!

I was leaning a little liberal prior, but I'm solidly in the maverick herd now!
Don't say that too loud -- somebody'll slap a brand on your ass and send you off to the thundering, cliff-bound herd of lemmings with McCain & Palin.

I was engrossed in a book & spaced out the debate, but I've read the transcript and a live-blog (I would do this even had I seen it). Palin was pathetic. She answered virtually nothing with any real clarity, occasionally even changed the subject, and the moderator, Gwen Ifill, let her get away with it.

In brief, I think my book was much better. I shall read another soon.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  09:36:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  10:24:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That flow chart is priceless!

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  10:43:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These debates are useless piles of shit. It's just one more forum for the candidates to lie and evade. Who wins? The one who lied the best and/or made the other look the worst. I learned nothing in this debate that might inform my decision in November. I did see that Palin is not as stupid and useless as I thought. She's still stupid and useless, mind you, but say a 7 on a ten point scale instead of a 9. That was not worth 90 minutes of my time.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  10:49:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

These debates are useless piles of shit. It's just one more forum for the candidates to lie and evade. Who wins? The one who lied the best and/or made the other look the worst. I learned nothing in this debate that might inform my decision in November. I did see that Palin is not as stupid and useless as I thought. She's still stupid and useless, mind you, but say a 7 on a ten point scale instead of a 9. That was not worth 90 minutes of my time.
I made it worth the time. Michelle and I did tequila shooters during the debate. She had to do one when Palin did something cute. My job was to do a shooter each time she evaded a question or didn't answer by over generalizing to the point of meaninglessness.

Needless to say, about half way through the debate we had to call it a draw because we were too drunk to go on with our plan.

Just remember; Drink (while watching debates) responsibly.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  11:30:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I made it worth the time. Michelle and I did tequila shooters during the debate. She had to do one when Palin did something cute. My job was to do a shooter each time she evaded a question or didn't answer by over generalizing to the point of meaninglessness.

Needless to say, about half way through the debate we had to call it a draw because we were too drunk to go on with our plan.

Just remember; Drink (while watching debates) responsibly.

There's a fine line between being cute and makinge me want to throw up. Oh, and that much tequila - even half way through - would have killed me. But you definitely approached the debate with the spirit and respect it deserved.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  11:37:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
during the debate. She had to do one when Palin did something cute.

If we wanted cute; we would elect Rupert! (I say we, just because).

Very nice funny chart too!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  12:59:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love the chart, pleco! It captures the essence of Palin's act better than anything I've seen.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  13:10:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Gotta love fark.

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  13:25:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL - Just like being prepared.... sums up her qualifications nicely.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.