New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  12:12:27  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get a load of what this brainless buffoon said. See if you can spot the "mistake" in his reasoning. It's too damned obvious to even make fun of.

"The Obama recession is in full swing, ladies and gentlemen," Limbaugh told his radio audience of 15 million to 20 million on Thursday. "Stocks are dying, which is a precursor of things to come. This is an Obama recession. Might turn into a depression."

Apparently the tanking of the real estate market, record losses in the auto industry, and massive failures in the banking and investment industry have very little to do with our problems. The economic system is collapsing, Rush wants us to know, because it anticipates the tax increases Obama has pledged on capital gains and for the highest income earners.

But maybe that shouldn't be so surprising, because radio's Biggest Big Man also assures us that the Democrat welcomes "economic chaos" because it gives him "greater opportunity for expanded government." In a time when the nation calls out for cool leadership and rational discussion, Limbaugh stirs the caldron, a tendency he proved in a particularly grotesque way last week when he accused Obama's party of plotting a government takeover of 401(k) retirement plans

EDIT: Fixed link.

Also, here's it from Rush's own site.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 11/11/2008 13:20:58

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  12:36:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Attaboy, Rush! You & Coulter & the rest of the right-wing motor-mouths just keep a'diggin' that hole. When it gets deep enough, we'll cave it in on you.

Incidently, the link isn't working for Rush. Instead it shows a Gitmo poll. So why not PZ it?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  13:21:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I fixed the link.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  16:09:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, nearly two months before Obama is even inaugurated, Rush Swinebog is blaming a recession that began many weeks ago, and was rooted in the Bush/McCain/GOP deregulation mess, on a guy who hasn't even sat down in the seat behind the big Desk in th Oval Office?

Oh! I see: Rush is blaming Obama for scaring investors into creating a recession (something Rush himself, with his carefully restrained rhetoric, would never consider doing!):
This is an Obama recession. Might turn into a depression.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  16:18:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tell a lie enough times, and dittoheads start to believe it.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  16:47:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From time to time, there's a few dipsticks at work that quote Flush. My comment to them was "Remember, he's an entertainer -- using him as a news source is the same as using Dave Letterman as a news source". Shuts them up in a hurry. Works every time.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  16:56:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"That @#&!! Limbaugh" would be a great name for a weekly TV sitcom.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  18:46:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Attaboy, Rush! You & Coulter & the rest of the right-wing motor-mouths just keep a'diggin' that hole. When it gets deep enough, we'll cave it in on you.

Never saw Jumanji did you?
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  20:33:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Half wrote:

Oh! I see: Rush is blaming Obama for scaring investors into creating a recession (something Rush himself, with his carefully restrained rhetoric, would never consider doing!):
LOL! Oh, the irony!

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  00:48:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Within a year or two, I believe the Obama administration will have accomplished some notable progress in steering the ship of state back on to a sensible and successful course. As this becomes more and more evident, the rancid ravings of Limbaugh will begin to appear utterly irrelevant to a very large majority of the electorate and his audience will shrink to the small minority of crazies that constitute the radical right wingnuts.

Clear Channel's advertising revenues will drop and Limbaugh and the Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, etc. wannabes will incresingly diminish in influencing any but the terminally politically insane.

I think that Rush and his ilk's day has come and gone!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  04:15:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by chefcrsh

Originally posted by filthy

Never saw Jumanji did you?
Yup. Indeed, I have it in my video library. Good flick; thanks for reminding me. I think I'll watch it again soon.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  08:40:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck

Clear Channel's advertising revenues will drop and Limbaugh and the Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, etc. wannabes will incresingly diminish in influencing any but the terminally politically insane.

Yep. I'd like to see Limbaugh reduced to a strip character in conservative rags and mags where his only contribution are grawlixes. A contribution just as significant as his current radio show.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  03:29:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's impossible to believe what he claims to believe.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Jorge_Banner

Argentina
6 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  08:38:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Jorge_Banner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Within a year or two, I believe the Obama administration will have accomplished some notable progress in steering the ship of state back on to a sensible and successful course. As this becomes more and more evident, the rancid ravings of Limbaugh will begin to appear utterly irrelevant to a very large majority of the electorate and his audience will shrink to the small minority of crazies that constitute the radical right wingnuts.

And we can be certain of that because communism has triumphed at every opportunity it was attempted. Very soon, with the help of the Beloved Leader barry hussein soetoro, the USA will be as successful as Cuba.

A is A
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  08:50:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Jorge_Banner

And we can be certain of that because communism has triumphed at every opportunity it was attempted. Very soon, with the help of the Beloved Leader barry hussein soetoro, the USA will be as successful as Cuba.

Wow, what a non-sequitur...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  08:57:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Clear Channel's advertising revenues will drop and Limbaugh and the Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, etc. wannabes will increasingly diminish in influencing any but the terminally politically insane.

Oh I wish...they will always find an audience with the disenfranchised that refuse to think.

I really do wish it only takes a few years to make the government sensible and sane, but I am afraid the damage done to the publics perception of the government may not be fully reversible.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.