Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Media Issues
 Skeptic Zone - new podcast from Australia!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Podblack

9 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  23:09:52  Show Profile  Visit Podblack's Homepage Send Podblack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay - confession.

We're not that new. We're just still in the wrapping paper.

Because when you've interviewed Dr Karl Kruszelnicki, Dr Steve Novella, Derek and Swoopy, Brian Dunning, Dr Phil Plait, James Randi, Ben Radford and Dr Eugenie Scott, amongst many others - and many more to come....

... and we and regularly score top position as No #1 Podcast in Australian iTunes for Social Sciences...

... well, _someone_ must point out that we're doing pretty well as the 'baby of the skeptical podcast family'.

By the way, the term 'babe' may or may not have been used in conjunction with Dr Rachael Dunlop, Dr Karen Stollznow, Tiffany Day, Amanda Rose, Kylie Sturgess and Richard Saunders. Certainly we've had a few hits from Google searches for 'how to contact' in regards to all the above names.

Take into account Jayson Dunlop, Michael Wolloghan and co-host Stefan Sojka - you might very well say that we're un-missable babes. The jury is still out on that.

In the meantime, you should be making your own judgment by checking out our show at:

www.skepticzone.tv
and subscribing on iTunes!
Our official blog is at www.skepticzone.wordpress.com - feel free to zip us feedback and reviews on any of those links.

We may write back if you call us something nicer than 'babes' in a review, by the way. We will certainly be very happy. :)

Edited by - Podblack on 01/04/2009 23:13:07

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  00:05:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Skeptic Zone is a very good podcast, indeed. It gets my recommendation, for whatever that is worth...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Podblack

9 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  01:04:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Podblack's Homepage Send Podblack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Skeptic Zone is a very good podcast, indeed. It gets my recommendation, for whatever that is worth...

We love you and will officially herald you with 'what a babe!' whenever we see you. :D
Go to Top of Page

Podblack

9 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  09:10:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Podblack's Homepage Send Podblack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi - just in case people are checking out my site (as opposed to www.skepticzone.tv) - it's actually now over at:

www.podblack.com

I was getting a few hits on the old 'wordpress' site and thought that might need clearing up. Don't forget, we're open to answering any qu about the show - and feel free to review us on iTunes! :)
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  12:21:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Podblack

Originally posted by Kil

We love you and will officially herald you with 'what a babe!' whenever we see you. :D
I'm open-minded and all that, and know that Kil's been wearing Michelle's dresses in Chat from time to time , but this... I find it disturbing...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  16:24:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by Kil

I'm open-minded and all that, and know that Kil's been wearing Michelle's dresses in Chat from time to time , but this... I find it disturbing...

Ha!!!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  16:41:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi - just in case people are checking out my site (as opposed to www.skepticzone.tv) - it's actually now over at:

www.podblack.com

I was getting a few hits on the old 'wordpress' site and thought that might need clearing up. Don't forget, we're open to answering any qu about the show - and feel free to review us on iTunes! :)
Well, now you've done it podblack! I was going to use your The Deist Skeptic - Not A Contradiction discussion with Dr. Mark Henn as my "Evil Pick" in an upcoming "Skeptic Summary".

Must skeptics be atheists is a never ending debate it seems. I fall into the big tent school of skepticism, and the idea that skepticism is a process and not a conclusion was articulated well in your blog.

But you let the cat out of the bag (even though you never knew it was in the bag.) Anyhow, great blog!!!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  17:46:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just flew back from my holiday... Roughly 20 hours of trip in total, most of which was spend catching up with your podcast... Thanks a lot!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Podblack

9 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  07:58:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Podblack's Homepage Send Podblack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Simon

I just flew back from my holiday... Roughly 20 hours of trip in total, most of which was spend catching up with your podcast... Thanks a lot!

YAY! :D :D

Hell, done similar things myself - got another trip to the USA on the cards at the end of the year.

The next ep will feature a man whose books have in fact managed to allow me to survive long-distance travel : Jon Ronson. Out this Friday, hope people are subscribing! :) www.jonronson.com.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  11:14:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have featured "Them" as a recommended book in one of our summaries a couple of years ago. Great book. Lots of fun. I must listen to the podcast.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Podblack

9 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  06:13:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Podblack's Homepage Send Podblack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SHOW NOW OUT!

Head to www.skepticzone.tv and download off iTunes now!

Jon Ronson is a writer and documentary film maker. His books, Them: Adventures With Extremists and The Men Who Stare At Goats were international bestsellers. The Men Who Stare At Goats is currently being filmed as a major motion picture starring George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges. He's also the author of two collections, Out Of The Ordinary: True Tales of Everyday Craziness and What I Do: More True Tales of Everyday Craziness.

He's written the popular "Human Zoo" and "Out of the Ordinary" columns for The Guardian, where he still contributes features. He currently writes and presents the twice Sony nominated BBC Radio 4 series, Jon Ronson On....

For Channel 4, Jon has made a number of films including the acclaimed five part series the Secret Rulers of the World and the multi award-winning Tottenham Ayatollah. His most recent documentaries are Reverend Death (Channel 4), Citizen Kubrick (More4) and Robbie Williams and Jon Ronson Journey to the Other Side (Radio 4).

Richard Saunders attending the Amazing Meeting 2:
Interviews with:
James Randi
Susan Hurst
Dr Phil Plait
Rebecca Watson
Dr Harriet Hall
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  08:28:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow; congratz.

That must have represented a huge chunk of work! I will look at it over the week-end...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Podblack

9 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  06:40:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Podblack's Homepage Send Podblack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Credit goes to Richard Saunders, who did a lot of work whilst on the cruise getting all the interviews together. He's a lovely guy, I hope people who are going to TAM7 or Dragon*Con pop over and say hello. :)
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  16:16:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Credit goes to Richard Saunders, who did a lot of work whilst on the cruise getting all the interviews together. He's a lovely guy, I hope people who are going to TAM7 or Dragon*Con pop over and say hello. :)
Well, I sure am hoping I can make it to TAM7.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.