Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Media Issues
 Rove and O'Reilly, sittin' in a tree, L-L.Y.I.N.G.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  04:51:16  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We hear a great deal about what's wrong with this country. Oddly, or perhaps not, the most pitious and indeed, retarded whines are concerned with almost everybody except conservative caucasions who waste time in church on at least a semi-regular regular basis. Well, I disagree, me. The real representatives of the problem's causes are right here: the scum who shamelessly pander to conservative caucasians who waste time in church on at least a semi-regular regular basis.

"Bill O'Reilly devoted another Talking Points Memo segment last night to his new pet thesis that Barack Obama is going to make the nation vulnerable to terrorist attack by taking torture off the table, and then brought Karl Rove on to back it all up:

You know, when he gets behind that desk, and has the awesome responsibility of protecting our country, anybody who's chief executive of the United States is going to want to have the ability, in a time of a great crisis, to call upon enhanced interrogation techniques.

A little later, he closes with this:

Look, if you've taken techniques that have kept America safe and you discard them, you are putting the country at risk and you're going to have to bear the consequences of that."

Voices of dissent cry out in the wilderness, a wilderness that is finally seeing a little thinning of of the pucker-brush:

"OK, let me see if I can keep this all straight.

We're now getting advice on how to prevent a terrorist attack from "the Brain" of an administration that manifestly failed at that because it was asleep at the wheel on 9/11, am I right? And they're telling us the torture regime they installed in the interim is responsible for the lack of subsequent attacks afterward -- rather than making the likelihood of future attacks greater?

Karl Rove was a key player in an administration that, in the first eight months of its tenure, specifically undermined counterterrorism programs in an essentially political dismissal of such work as "a Clinton thing."

They will wallow in hypocrisy and tell any falsehood to keep their benighted audience attentive; they'll assassinate the character of anyone they fear. And they fear a lot of people and not just on philosophical grounds. They fear blacks, gays, latinos, muslims, and anyone who they can accuse of being like a hippie. They are terrified that Obama will be successful, showing their afore-mentioned conservative & so forth caucasian audience that that they have been had; been led astray and need to re-think their own philosophies.

At which point, team R&R will lose what little credibility they have, which beyond Fox Pavlovian Drool ain't much, and a chainsaw takes down their tree. Would that the chainsaw were mine!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

River Otter
Skeptic Friend

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  05:36:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send River Otter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I watched a documentary on PBS the other night about the torture that Bush regime endorced. It made me sick and makes America look really bad.

The entire Bush regime needs to be held responcible for the attrocities they have commited, and not just for American people but for the world.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/torture/view/

I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know. -Cicero

Brother, You say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agree, as you can all read the book. -Sagoyewatha,(Red Jacket) - Chief and great orator of the six nations.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.