Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 OH COME ON!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WarfRat

49 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  16:16:32  Show Profile Send WarfRat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.b47c2cfdc09d4ef8549d8562171d460b.f1&show_article=1

Fer cryin out loud! He been on the job for only 10 days!

Heck I voted for the man because I knew he'd put qualified people in but that doesn't mean you start putting his face on Mt. Rushmore!

These people are creating a cult of personality about the President that is scaring the out of me.

What's next? Naming a day of the week after him? Giving out Obama tracts? Obama relics?

"I believe...that one benefits the workers...so much more by forcing through reforms which alleviate and strengthen their position, than by saying that only a revolution can help them."

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  16:35:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried to address Obamamania a bit in Moonscape. The President must cringe. (I certainly hope so!) It's becoming ridiculous. I personally don't think anything should be officially named after a sitting President, on principle. Also, I recall the hero-worship of John Kennedy (mea culpa!) -- and then Bay of Pigs and the Vietnam War.

I've got high hope for Obama, and love most of what he's already done, but I refuse to put on blinders again, as I did with JFK.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/30/2009 16:40:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.