General Discussion
 Peak lightning month approaching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

weathernms

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  04:54:58  Show Profile Send weathernms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2 people have been killed and 7 injured this week from lightning strikes.

According to the National Climatic Data Center, there were over 750 lightning incidents/reports across the United States in 2008.

So which state reported the most lightning incidents in 2008? (Lightning incidents include buildings and humans struck by lightning)

Full details:
http://www.examiner.com/x-5181-Jackson-Weather-Examiner~y2009m5d30-Lightning

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  05:48:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by weathernms

2 people have been killed and 7 injured this week from lightning strikes.

According to the National Climatic Data Center, there were over 750 lightning incidents/reports across the United States in 2008.

So which state reported the most lightning incidents in 2008? (Lightning incidents include buildings and humans struck by lightning)

Full details:
http://www.examiner.com/x-5181-Jackson-Weather-Examiner~y2009m5d30-Lightning
Thanks weathernms and welcome to SFN!

A few years ago, I lost a TV & VCR & a computer, along with a pine tree in the yard during one of God's capricious light shows. Today, everything is on surge protectors except the cat, which, after 18 years, I am convinced is indestructable.

Here in NC, we've had some doozies in the last couple of weeks. I must confess; I love a good boomer, as long as I'm not caught in the middle of it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

weathernms

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  06:24:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send weathernms a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks,

I lived in Virginia for a couple of years (military) and during my time there--thunderstorms were not as numerous as they are in the Deep South, but whenever thunderstorms occurred, it seemed to be a tremendous display of lightning---the lightning would knock out power and it would seem to always be reports of building being struck or someone injured by lightning strikes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.