New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  16:23:04  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, HalfMooner had it first in his post, but didn't make much of it...so I will.

I can only wonder at the "tributes" and whatnot that will come in...

Something else, Farrah Fawcett also died.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 06/25/2009 16:24:20

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  16:26:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Occasional cool music, but a real big fucking flake of a past, what -- couple decades?
What's up now with The Beatles catalog?

edited to add...talking about Jackson, of course!

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Edited by - Randy on 06/25/2009 16:28:11
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  16:31:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe this will quieten things up a bit in North Korea and Iran.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  17:34:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Randy

Maybe this will quieten things up a bit in North Korea and Iran.
The shock value will stun people world-wide into respectful silence.

Too bad about Farrah!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  17:35:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Randy

Occasional cool music, but a real big fucking flake of a past, what -- couple decades?
What's up now with The Beatles catalog?

edited to add...talking about Jackson, of course!
Figured you meant The_Ignored.

Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Skeptic Friend

USA
354 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  18:19:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zebra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two people breathing a sigh of relief that their 15 minutes may be over: Jon & Kate.

I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone* -Dick Cheney

*some restrictions may apply
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  19:23:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though I feel that Jackson at his peak (as in "Thriller") was a consummate and brilliant singer and dancer who was very entertaining, his pedophilia with young boys (especially his getting away with it!) made him a disgusting creature in my eyes. He was simply weird, too, and not in a nice way.

In contrast, Farrah Fawcett was a remarkably beautiful actress, and from most accounts a fine person as well. In her final days she courgeously cooperated in a documentary about her fight with anal cancer.

I'll miss Farrah.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  02:42:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too, miss Farah, but, apart from the little boys thing, I really don't know how to comment on Jackson. I never followed his art and he was a very strange person. He always put me in mind of a sort of cartoon of a manic, animated corpse.

But this ain't over. I think that "revelations" of various this & that will soon be coming out of the woodworks.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Science Pricktion

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  10:21:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Science Pricktion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be skeptics, you folks sure don't question the truth of this?

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  11:23:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Science Pricktion

You mean he's not dead???

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  12:48:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, he's dead. So is Elvis. This doesn't seem to be anything official as yet, but:
Police want to interview Michael Jackson's doctor after the star's family suggested he died because of a drug overdose, according to reports.

The King of Pop suffered a cardiac arrest at his home in Holmby Hills and was taken to the UCLA medical centre where he was pronounced dead.

Tmz.com said Jackson received a daily injection of Demerol, a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine, but was given "too much" on Thursday.
We shall see.......

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  12:59:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi, Science Pricktion and welcome to SFN.

Now then, you have made a leading query but I must ask you to be a little more specific in order to address it. What part of fhis story do you find to be doubtful?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  13:28:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And on what ground do you find it doubtful?

Between the person discovering him; the paramedics; the hospital personal and the law enforcement officer that's a lot of people that could be correcting any mistake/misinformation. This would suggest a significant cover-up. Is that what you are hinting at?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Science Pricktion

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  20:45:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Science Pricktion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elvis did it. Why couldn't MJ?

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try
Go to Top of Page

Zebra
Skeptic Friend

USA
354 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  21:23:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Zebra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clues to narcotic OD administered by MJ's doctor (likely accidental), for those who aren't lost in solipstic navel-gazing

1) According to available versions of the 911 tape, and according to news reports, the person who called 911 said, "he's not breathing!" (narcotics cause respiratory depression, rather than cardiac arrest)

2) 911 operator was told that the man's own doctor was there, performing CPR. (Not your usual scenario for an unexpected cardiopulmonary arrest. Would usually be good, unless of course the doctor was responsible for the arrest.)

3) MJ was reportedly receiving IV Demerol (meperidine) at home (highly irregular) - this one is Just a Rumor at this point.

Couple of lessons, including that if you're going to be administering an IV (or otherwise high potency) narcotic to someone, be sure to have the antidote Narcan on hand. (Better yet: don't get into the situation in the first place.)

I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone* -Dick Cheney

*some restrictions may apply
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  21:37:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Elvis did it. Why couldn't MJ?

Hmmm... Yes, of course. Why not Jackson, if Elvis did it...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.