Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  12:43:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I haven't heard anyone in my family (who are extremely conservative) mention this to me...though they may not since I tend to argue back with things like facts and data. And I'm in Mobile, AL. Nor have I read it in the local very conservative paper or seen it on the local news, but then again I tend to not read the local paper or watch the local news.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  18:40:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Birthers on parade, revisited: Happy Birther Day, Mr. President!" includes proof that Obama is an alien, along with a Rachel Maddow clip in which it is posited that the birther movement is simply racism.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Doomar
SFN Regular

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  12:29:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Doomar's Homepage Send Doomar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A child born in the United States via an American citizen and a foreign national is not a “natural born citizen,” if the child obtained citizenship of another nation automatically at the time of his birth. Such was the case with Barrack Obama, aka Barry Soetoro. His father was Kenyan which was part of Great Britain. Barrack Hussein Obama II obtained British citizenship via his father upon birth and was, therefore, subject to the laws of Great Britain. Though his mother was an American and he could be naturalized as an American citizen, Barrack Hussein Obama II is not, nor ever can be a "natural born citizen" according to U.S. Law.
Thus, regardless whether Barrack Hussein Obama II was born in Hawaii (US) or Kenya (British), that fact only speaks to his status as a naturalized American citizen. Naturalized means that laws of the United States must be followed to secure U.S. citizenship...it is not simply by birth. His status to become or remain President of the United States according to our Constitution and U.S. Revised Statutes, can never be rightfully obtained. The laws are clear in this matter.
Therefore, Barrack Hussein Obama, though elected via the Electoral College and national election and sworn in by the Chief Justice, does not hold legal status to wield the power of the President of the United States. There is no legal justification for this violation of the U.S. Constitution. Those in authority who failed to fulfill their oath and uphold the laws of the United States Constitution, by maintaining a true election with eligible candidates ought to be immediately removed from their offices and the current President should be forced from office immediately and his position taken by the Vice President until further Congressional action can determine the course of events to follow.

Mark 10:27 (NKJV) 27But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

www.pastorsb.com.htm
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  12:31:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why am I not surprised?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  13:02:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Doomar

A child born in the United States via an American citizen and a foreign national is not a “natural born citizen,” if the child obtained citizenship of another nation automatically at the time of his birth.
Which law says this?
...Barrack Hussein Obama II is not, nor ever can be a "natural born citizen" according to U.S. Law.
Again, which law says that? The Constitution certainly doesn't say that, so it must be some other law. Which one?
The laws are clear in this matter.
Which ones? Can you cite even a single law which says what you say it says?

Federal code, title 8, chapter 12, subchapter III, part I, section 1405 says,
A person born in Hawaii on or after August 12, 1898, and before April 30, 1900, is declared to be a citizen of the United States as of April 30, 1900. A person born in Hawaii on or after April 30, 1900, is a citizen of the United States at birth. A person who was a citizen of the Republic of Hawaii on August 12, 1898, is declared to be a citizen of the United States as of April 30, 1900.
Part III of that same subchapter of the Federal Code makes it quite clear that US citizenship cannot be lost without the intention of the citizen, and in most cases cannot be lost at all before age 18.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Doomar
SFN Regular

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  13:09:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Doomar's Homepage Send Doomar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suggest you study the law for yourself...you have a computer and access to the internet...type in "natural born citizen" and begin your own search if you are truly a skeptic. Why rely on others for your information?

Mark 10:27 (NKJV) 27But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

www.pastorsb.com.htm
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  13:28:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I suggest you study the law for yourself...you have a computer and access to the internet...type in "natural born citizen" and begin your own search if you are truly a skeptic. Why rely on others for your information?

To translate: "I have no clue."

Doomar, did you really think Dave wouldn't check your sources? Asking you to provide your sources is to help him out, to cut down on the time it takes him to research, and for him to understand where you're coming from. He was trying to move the conversation in a forward direction, and you are obviously not.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  13:36:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You can't just make crap up (or parrot it from Limbaugh et al) and insist that others prove you wrong. Not without taking a beating. Not here, Doomar.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  13:47:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hum? Seems to me like he just did?

You on the other hand have failed to show any indication of doing any type of research.

On the other hand; several sources confirm quite clearly that Dave is correct.
Funnily enough, the GOP was not always so bitchy about the issue.

In fact, McCain's own situation was in no way better than Obama's.
Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  14:39:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I don't rely on others for information. I do expect people to be able to support their own claims of fact. You, obviously, either cannot support your assertions or will not support them. Either way, the practical result is that the evidence which might support your claims is absent from this discussion, and since we've got positive evidence that flatly contradicts your claims, we can reject them.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  01:31:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doomar.....

Please respond to the statements that your position on Obama is pure racism, that you are a racist, and that you cannot tolerate the idea of a black man being the President of the United States.

These allegations have been made about you and your ideas, they are seriously negative statements about you as a person and as a political voice, why do you not answer the accusations?

Is it because they are true?
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  05:23:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I typed "natural born citizen" into my "internet", something you clearly did not do,

The definition of the "United States", for nationality purposes, was expanded in 1952 to add Guam, and in 1986 it was expanded again to include the Northern Mariana Islands. Persons born in these territories (in addition to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) currently acquire U.S. citizenship at birth on the same terms as persons born in other parts of the United States. The category of "outlying possessions of the United States" (whose inhabitants generally have U.S. "nationality" but not U.S. "citizenship") is now restricted to American Samoa and Swains Island.[12]

Regarding people born at U.S. military bases in foreign countries, current U.S. State Department policy (as codified in the department's Foreign Affairs Manual) reads:

"Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth."[13]

So the only person not qualified was McCain.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 08/13/2009 05:24:33
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  07:44:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again, my latest reply to the birther that I'm dealing with.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Simon
SFN Regular

USA
1992 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  08:56:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Simon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

So I typed "natural born citizen" into my "internet", something you clearly did not do,

The definition of the "United States", for nationality purposes, was expanded in 1952 to add Guam, and in 1986 it was expanded again to include the Northern Mariana Islands. Persons born in these territories (in addition to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) currently acquire U.S. citizenship at birth on the same terms as persons born in other parts of the United States. The category of "outlying possessions of the United States" (whose inhabitants generally have U.S. "nationality" but not U.S. "citizenship") is now restricted to American Samoa and Swains Island.[12]

Regarding people born at U.S. military bases in foreign countries, current U.S. State Department policy (as codified in the department's Foreign Affairs Manual) reads:

"Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth."[13]

So the only person not qualified was McCain.

Well; he was born of two American parents, so he got his citizenship at birth from them, I am pretty sure.

It does not seem like 'Natural born citizen' is defined anywhere...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Carl Sagan - 1996
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  09:48:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What we are dealing with here is a pack of frightened idiots. In a nutshell, he should have asked the Justice Dept. to go after the Bush officials for their crimes and not worried about being "bipartisan." As usual, I agree with The Rude Pundit, who is far less rude than the conservative talking heads befouling the air waves with their completely un-American tripe.

"What'll We Do About the Town Hall Screamers? Part 1: The Missed Opportunity:

One of the major miscalculations of the Obama administration so far has been a misread of just how fucked-up a good chunk of the nation was after his election. Of course, of course, fear of a black president takes care of some of it. But let's not limit our discussion to that. Because at the end of the Bush era, there was this sense in the nation that something, unnameable but intensely present, was wrong with the country. For many of us, the answer was simple: the Bush administration had fundamentally changed the governance of this country and it had exponentially compounded the nexus between corporations and the government. In other words, the Bush era was focused on disempowering the population in order to consolidate its own power. To put it another way, it's like getting an invitation to watch an orgy through a screen window.

Let's be honest (and, yes, this is one of those overgeneralized, "look at the yokels," elitist statments, so, sure, exceptions exist): there's large swaths of the United States that are filled with lost people, people who have been broken down by wondering whether they're gonna lose or have lost their jobs (and health insurance) as jobs go overseas and employment ranks shrink, people who feel an anger out there that is, yes, yes, soothed by guns and religion, the former that promises them instant power, the latter that promises them happiness everlasting if they do what they're told God wants. They are deluded by those who soothe their anger, the people on talk radio or Fox "news" who say in an endless loop, "It's not your fault, it's not your fault, it's this person or that person, immigrants, gays, liberal activists, attack them." Toss into this mix the natural progression of personal problems like divorce or illness, toss in the shitty education most of them have, and shake, motherfuckers, shake. It's fucking scary to live now, and not even for the reasons they've been told by Sean Hannity."

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds.