Politics
 Republicans are assholes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  08:59:56  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you guys agree with that sentiment?

Several reasons are listed why. If you agree with that assessment, feel free to list more. This doesn't have to be limited to just republicans by the way.

1 Invading a country which had nothing to do with the Sept. 11th massacres, and then accusing Democrats of treason for opposing the invasion, or even not supporting it enough (remember Max Cleland?).

2 Zealously supporting acts of torture, which the U.S. after World War II found so horrible that it executed the perpetrators (and, as above, anyone noting this was tarred as Unamerican).

3 Being so terrified of black people that citizens of New Orleans languished for days before being rescued.

4 Being willfully ignorant of human-associated climate change, even though there is overwhelming evidence for it.

5 Opposing the recent stimulus package, even though recent analysis show that without it, the economy would be worse, and hundreds of thousands more people would be unemployed.

6 Either remaining silent or supporting the 'deathers' and the myriad lies about healthcare reform, while at the same time, not even suggesting a plan to prevent the roughly 18,000 deaths per year that result from lack of health insurance coverage.

Mind you, this is a very short list (I'm sure readers can add more in the comments). Anyway, this means they're assholes (or worse).

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  10:47:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, now. Be fair. I cannot agree. Assholes actually serve a purpose. Republicans, not so much.

--------------------------------------------------
- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  11:10:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Asshole" is too kind a term. But ok....

The entire Republican side of the House of Representatives are assholes.

The Senate minority are assholes.

Anyone who listens to Limbaugh, Beck, O'Reilly, and others of the ilk is not only an asshole, but a stupid asshole in the bargain.

The churches of Wiley Drake and Steven Anderson are filled to overflowing with assholes.

The Church of Wasilla is also filled with assholes and Sarah Palin is their excrement.

Anyone who takes the child-beater James Dobson at face value is an asshole.

Anyone who disrupts a town hall meeting with bullshit is an asshole, as are the scumbags who put them up to it.

Michelle Bachmann couldn't find her asshole with both hands and a GPS. Hint: it's under her nose.

And so forth. On the other hand, the Democrats are no more than a pack of snivvling, little pussies afraid to kick these assholes into the corner where they belong, and hence, are assholes as well.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  11:10:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's astonishing that so many people can take them seriously. They try everything they can to stifle progress, go backwards and then complain that everyone else are un-American.

If this were FRDB someone would come in and point out that "liberals are just as bad". But really, one side can be worse than the other. And it is.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Edited by - Maverick on 09/07/2009 11:13:31
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  19:44:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Republicans are assholes?

Just a note for future reference - the question mark at the end of that sentence isn't really necessary.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Agita
Skeptic Friend

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  21:04:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Agita a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Republican ---> ( )*( )
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  21:10:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  23:02:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Mike the Mad Biologist. He qualified his statement properly, and doesn't slander all Republicans as being assholes in all ways. Considering the level of frothing bizarreness they've been displaying recently, I'd prefer, with similar qualifiers, to refer to them as "crazy assholes," though.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  00:16:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Do you guys agree with that sentiment?

Several reasons are listed why. If you agree with that assessment, feel free to list more. This doesn't have to be limited to just republicans by the way.

1 Invading a country which had nothing to do with the Sept. 11th massacres, and then accusing Democrats of treason for opposing the invasion, or even not supporting it enough (remember Max Cleland?).

2 Zealously supporting acts of torture, which the U.S. after World War II found so horrible that it executed the perpetrators (and, as above, anyone noting this was tarred as Unamerican).

3 Being so terrified of black people that citizens of New Orleans languished for days before being rescued.

4 Being willfully ignorant of human-associated climate change, even though there is overwhelming evidence for it.

5 Opposing the recent stimulus package, even though recent analysis show that without it, the economy would be worse, and hundreds of thousands more people would be unemployed.

6 Either remaining silent or supporting the 'deathers' and the myriad lies about healthcare reform, while at the same time, not even suggesting a plan to prevent the roughly 18,000 deaths per year that result from lack of health insurance coverage.

Mind you, this is a very short list (I'm sure readers can add more in the comments). Anyway, this means they're assholes (or worse).

1 was not done in the absence of democrat votes. IIRC most congressional dems voted yes on the Iraq invasion.

2 you can lay at the feet of democrats as well, for not acting to stop it when they learned about it and for failing to prosecute those involved once they gained the majority in congress and now also hold the presidency.

3 seems unreasonable. More likely the reason behind the failed response to Katrina contains several factors. The city was not evacuated fully when the first warnings went out (lets just say that the state and local government failed bigtime to evac the city properly). The scope of the problem was large, and the human suffering element could have probably been prevented by proper evacuation. The republican belief that government sucks became a self fulfilling prophecy with the appointment of a political crony to oversee FEMA. Race seems to have little to do with the problems here.

4 Yeah, any person who denies anthropogenic climate change is definitely an asshole.

5 recent "analysis" done by a democrat white house. The real assholes in this problem are all politicians who don't want to re-establish regulations on banks and insurance companies. With 3 years of a dem congress and almost 1 year with a dem president, where are the people pushing to restore glass-stiegel? Yes, the republicans are assholes for making shit up about the economy and for failing to own up to their own votes for bailouts, but who is the bigger asshole at this moment? Who has the power but isn't using it? Uh huh.

6 A mixed bag as well. We have a dem house, senate, and president. We have (technically) 60 dems in the senate. So who is the real asshole here? The republicans who are spouting lies are definitely assholes, but IMO the democrats spinelessness on this issue makes them even bigger assholes. Dirty, shit filled, unwashed, plague infested, pustulant, leperous assholes. They disgust me more than republicans because I expect the republicans to act just as they are. The dems need to grow a man-sack and step up. If they don't, then fuck them.

I'll just sit the next couple of elections out if the dems don't get their shit together pretty fucking soon here.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  15:44:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ig......

Republican strategists are damn clever public psychologists, they understand the zeitgeist of the average American voting citizen, the electorate, if you will; and their lying, inflammatory rhetoric is cleverly designed to take maximum advantage of the stupidity and ignorance of the sheep that constitute the Republican "conservative" segment of that electorate. The lockstep dittoheads that absorb and believe this conservative crap are dumb assholes.

The conservative plotters and planners are certainly assholes too, but they're not stupid assholes--their strategy is working! I very much doubt that these propagandists have any defined personal political philosophy - they are highly paid professionals working strictly for the money! Insurance companies money, pharmaceutical companies money, big business money! So they are very smart assholes.

Conservative mouthpieces like Limbaugh and Beck are the disgusting hired assassins delivering the fecal matter of Republican rhetoric.
So they are certainly assholes in the truest sense of the word. However, they are also unprincipled pricks, and can be described as a previously unknown anatomical part -- the dickanus!

It is appearing (from the polls) more and more clear in recent weeks that the Great Uncommitted Middle, the non-partisan Independents that really decide most elections are leaning more to the Right -- more evidence that Republican rhetoric is working. These Independents, the same ones that really elected Obama, are buying the Republican bullshit. Therefore they are well on the way to becoming Assholes

Most unfortunate are the Democratic members of Congress who are either too gutless to assert their Party principles and support Obama's policies, or else are so paranoid about losing their seats in the next election that they have joined the Republicans in defeating progressive legislation (the "Blue Dogs") I would define these swine in terms of the entire length of the colon from beginning to end -- pure shit all the way!

And I'm beginning to feel that Obama had better grow a scrotum and fill it -- pretty damn soon or he is going to be a one-term president and we'll end up with Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin in the White House in 2012!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.