Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 Barney Frank smacks down anti-health care idiot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2550 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  11:52:53  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Barney Frank puts the smackdown on some brainless idiot who tries to compare Obama to Hitler because of Obama's health care plan...

From Larry King Live, Frank is asked by a woman waving an Obama as Hitler picture at a town hall meeting why he is supporting his "Nazi policy" on health care. Frank didn't mince any words in responding.

Frank: When you ask me that question I'm going to revert to my ethnic heritage and answer your question with a question. On what planet do you spend most of your time?

[....]

You want me to answer the question? Yes. As you stand there with a picture of the President defaced to look like Hitler and compare the effort to increase health care to the Nazis, my answer to you is as I said before, it is a tribute to the First Amendment that this kind of vile, contemptible nonsense is so freely propagated. Ma'am, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table. I have no interest in doing it.


Where do they get such shit? Apparently because of stuff like this.

The claim that the Democratic health care bills would encourage euthanasia has been circulating on the Internet for weeks and has been echoed by some Republican leaders. Democrats from Obama on down have dismissed it as a distortion. The nonpartisan group FactCheck.org, a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania says the claim is false.

The allegation appears to be based on a provision of the House bill that would require Medicare to pay for end-of-life counseling sessions, on a voluntary basis, for beneficiaries who want the service. Medicare already covers hospice care. And legislation passed by Congress in 1990 requires that patients be asked if they have a living will.

Obama addressed the controversy during a July 28 AARP-sponsored town hall.

"Nobody is going to be forcing you to make a set of decisions on end-of-life care based on some bureaucratic law in Washington," he said.


The current factcheck page has a whole bunch of info on this.

Though, remember, factcheck is run by liberals and can't be trusted!


The point is, though, that even if his health care plan sucks, there is no way in hell that it can be compared to a deliberate plan to kill millions of people!

God-damn, those people are stupid...what the hell's wrong down in that country of yours, guys?


>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 08/19/2009 11:55:22

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
25973 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  12:03:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The worst part of it is the hypocrisy. Apparently, plenty of Republicans were in favor of similar end-of-life counseling provisions a few years ago. Now, they're almost all squawking about "death panels" over the same provisions. The difference? Obama's in the White House, period.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  12:14:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

The worst part of it is the hypocrisy. Apparently, plenty of Republicans were in favor of similar end-of-life counseling provisions a few years ago. Now, they're almost all squawking about "death panels" over the same provisions. The difference? Obama's in the White House, period.
Yes, I've been reading about that. To answer Ig's question, it's because our collective ignorance is only exceeded by our stupidity, and even that fails in the comparison with our unwillingness to learn. Were it not so, Sarah Palin would be slinging hash at a truck stop somewhere, rather than bullshit at Republicans, who are ignorant, stupid, and unwilling to learn, in toto.




"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres


"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  12:29:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
T.I. asked:
God-damn, those people are stupid...what the hell's wrong down in that country of yours, guys?

The answer is in the first part of your sentence.


Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2996 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  12:44:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard on NPR this morning that the talk now is that Obama is going to ask the Senate to push this through with or without the Republican support. I hope that's true...the Republicans have no intention of co-operating with this President on anything.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  13:33:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She's what the Republican party has become. Barney is great. The dining room table comment is perfect!

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1342 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  14:47:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heard the clip on Stephanie Miller's show this morning, I'm sure the other drivers must have wondered why I was pumping my fist in the air. I also would have put the following question to her: "Nazi policy?! Perhaps you would like to explain to me exactly what Hitler's health care plans were, in detail please with references."

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13457 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  14:49:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

The worst part of it is the hypocrisy. Apparently, plenty of Republicans were in favor of similar end-of-life counseling provisions a few years ago. Now, they're almost all squawking about "death panels" over the same provisions. The difference? Obama's in the White House, period.
It was a Republican suggestion that the end-of-life counseling be put in the house bills that are being worked on. That people set up Living Will's was also their suggestion. Not bad idea's either.

Go freaking figure? All of the hoopla is over some Republican suggestions that are being distorted. And the Republicans (well, many of them anyhow) are encouraging the distortion of their own parties suggestions.

Hypocrisy is putting it lightly.

Shit, I don't even know if there is a word that describes what they are doing, but I think "evil" comes pretty close.




Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  15:33:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I watched that Barney Frank town hall live, via CNN.com. The wingnuts were out in full force, and full, hooting voice. Their tactic was to have a number of people shouting throughout. When one of the wingnuts would ask a "question," it would begin with a long harangue. When Frank tried to answer, the questioner would start shouting "liar!" or the like.

Yet Representative Frank kept his poise and stood up to them with just the right balance of patience and firmness. He clearly left them looking like the poor losers, loud-mouthed louts, and lunatics they are, while managing to educate people about the health care legislation debate. Frank won, the GOP drones lost.

Other supporters of health care should learn from Barney Frank's example of how to neutralize the town hall disrupters.


Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 08/19/2009 15:36:52
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
25973 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  22:42:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally said by Barney Frank

On what planet do you spend most of your time?
Jon Stewart had a great answer:
...apparently a planet where a mixed-race president and a gay Jew qualify as Nazis.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2550 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  03:22:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You want some really paranoid shit about Obama and Healthcare? Check that out. It's "Mr. Mann's" blog. You know, one of the mods from RR?

Check out his "twitter" sidebar:

Twitter Updates
I got a great comment, "How dare I compare Obama to Hitler!" I published it. And responded. Its good to slap a lib around 8 days ago

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 08/20/2009 03:24:24
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  04:05:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

You want some really paranoid shit about Obama and Healthcare? Check that out. It's "Mr. Mann's" blog. You know, one of the mods from RR?

Check out his "twitter" sidebar:

Twitter Updates
I got a great comment, "How dare I compare Obama to Hitler!" I published it. And responded. Its good to slap a lib around 8 days ago

He's a piece of work, isn't he? I note that he posted precious little of the text in the bill and filled in with comments. You'd have to look it up to get it. It's an old trick and makes him a liar by definition -- can you say: "QUOTE MINING?"

If the snivelling, little pustule likes to slap liberals around so well, let him come in here and learn what a verbal slap-around really is.

I always get a chuckle when Godwin's Law is confirmed. It shows that the person has nothing to respond with; no argument at all and therefore is proven a fool from the beginning of the discussion.




"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres


"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 08/20/2009 06:28:23
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2550 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  04:39:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I replied. Just have to wait to see if my comment meets moderator approval.

Care to defend your quote mining over there?


>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  07:20:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Barney Frank puts the smackdown on some brainless idiot who tries to compare Obama to Hitler because of Obama's health care plan...

From Larry King Live, Frank is asked by a woman waving an Obama as Hitler picture at a town hall meeting why he is supporting his "Nazi policy" on health care. Frank didn't mince any words in responding.

Frank: When you ask me that question I'm going to revert to my ethnic heritage and answer your question with a question. On what planet do you spend most of your time?

[....]

You want me to answer the question? Yes. As you stand there with a picture of the President defaced to look like Hitler and compare the effort to increase health care to the Nazis, my answer to you is as I said before, it is a tribute to the First Amendment that this kind of vile, contemptible nonsense is so freely propagated. Ma'am, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table. I have no interest in doing it.


Where do they get such shit? Apparently because of stuff like this.

The claim that the Democratic health care bills would encourage euthanasia has been circulating on the Internet for weeks and has been echoed by some Republican leaders. Democrats from Obama on down have dismissed it as a distortion. The nonpartisan group FactCheck.org, a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania says the claim is false.

The allegation appears to be based on a provision of the House bill that would require Medicare to pay for end-of-life counseling sessions, on a voluntary basis, for beneficiaries who want the service. Medicare already covers hospice care. And legislation passed by Congress in 1990 requires that patients be asked if they have a living will.

Obama addressed the controversy during a July 28 AARP-sponsored town hall.

"Nobody is going to be forcing you to make a set of decisions on end-of-life care based on some bureaucratic law in Washington," he said.


The current factcheck page has a whole bunch of info on this.

Though, remember, factcheck is run by liberals and can't be trusted!


The point is, though, that even if his health care plan sucks, there is no way in hell that it can be compared to a deliberate plan to kill millions of people!

God-damn, those people are stupid...what the hell's wrong down in that country of yours, guys?





Is that the same Barney Frank who said:

"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis," "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."


...just before Freddie and Fannie blew up?

What makes him trustworthy now when he didn't have a clue, or just lied, on Freddie and Fannie?



http://www.usnews.com/blogs/sam-dealey/2008/09/10/barney-franks-fannie-and-freddie-muddle.html


"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2550 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  07:23:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is one difference: on this issue Barney Frank is right, and he's backed up by pretty much everyone who isn't a wacked-out repug.

To use your logic: it's the republicans currently opposing Obama's health care bill who also never foresaw the economic downturn happening themselves.

It was their policies that may have even let it happen in the first place, so what makes you think that they's so trustworthy about this?

When using a weapon, make sure that it can't be turned back on you like that.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 08/20/2009 07:33:13
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  07:51:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored



There is one difference: on this issue Barney Frank is right, and he's backed up by pretty much everyone who isn't a wacked-out repug.


Same thing was said on Frannie and Fannie, but without hindsight to correct you on this one go ahead and fall for Barney's antics, again.

To use your logic: it's the republicans currently opposing Obama's health care bill who also never foresaw the economic downturn happening themselves.


Many pubs and dems saw the economic downturn coming, Barney was just not one of them.

It was their policies that may have even let it happen in the first place.


Yeah, Barney running around insisting that Freddie and Fannie continue to offer high risk home loans to those who could never pay them back had nothing at all to do with their collapse. *sigh* Any moron could have seen this foreclosure explosion coming who knew what Freddie and Fannie were up to. Yet Barney insists everything is hunky dory and any questioning of Frannie and Freddie is just a cold hearted scheme to deny housing to people who, well, can't afford housing.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/sam-dealey/2008/09/23/barney-frank-fesses-up-on-financial-crisis.html

When using a weapon, make sure that it can't be turned back on you like that.


When selecting a poster boy in an attempt to bolster your rants you might want to first make sure that you don't select a clown. Just saying...

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000