9/11 "truth" retards out today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  09:32:47  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A local radio station had a truthtard on this morning for an interview... The DJ was at least mostly skeptical of his claims.

I got about 30 seconds of airtime calling in after the interview, tried to get a plug in for SFN, didn't quite get it though.

I did have time to explain that thermite was not a "high grade military explosive", but was an unregulated substance commonly used for large welding projects, and other things. It is simply the combination of powdered alluminum and iron oxide.

Had a second to also get in a little info on why the concrete was partially pulverized to powder. The amount of potential kinetic energy in a skyscraper is large. When it falls that enegry is released. There is more than enough to powder a little concrete, or aluminum for that matter.

Next time I'll get a plug in for the website!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  11:34:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

A local radio station had a truthtard on this morning for an interview... The DJ was at least mostly skeptical of his claims.

I got about 30 seconds of airtime calling in after the interview, tried to get a plug in for SFN, didn't quite get it though.

I did have time to explain that thermite was not a "high grade military explosive", but was an unregulated substance commonly used for large welding projects, and other things. It is simply the combination of powdered alluminum and iron oxide.

Had a second to also get in a little info on why the concrete was partially pulverized to powder. The amount of potential kinetic energy in a skyscraper is large. When it falls that enegry is released. There is more than enough to powder a little concrete, or aluminum for that matter.

Next time I'll get a plug in for the website!
Good for you, Dude!. These shameful paranoids should not be allowed to peddle their delusions without being called on them.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  13:16:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent work Dude!

Too bad "truthers" are unwittingly playing for al-Qaida.

If feels ironic that 9/11 has become the celebration of organised madness. We've seen 8 years of it now with no end in sight. How many prisoners have been relocated from Guantanamo base? Airport security is still insanely high. (The TSA trashed the zipper on Liselotte's luggage when they inspected it, TSA is aparently manned by baboons because a chimp would have managed to remove the carabiner she used to secure it. Instructions said "do not lock your baggage", so we used a carabiner instead of a lock, just so that security personel would be able to open it. Big mistake.

Flight-deck doors hasn't been upgraded to bullet-proof (as far as I know), and there are plenty of other ways to get weapons past the security check points.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  15:38:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

...and there are plenty of other ways to get weapons past the security check points.

On one occasion I've flown and noticed a passenger busily knitting, with long pointed aluminum knitting needles, with sharp tips. Yet nail clippers are forbidden.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.