Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  16:42:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

Yet Charlie Gibson, the network anchor, claims he has no idea about any sting on Acorn.
So what? You claimed that the liberal media was silent. Shall I quote you?

By the way, a search of FOX News' online site gives 160 results for the word ACORN in the last week, which is simply insane considering the meagerness of the story.
This is just the logical conclusion to his indoctrination. He didn't even know. He was deceived of the truth by the ones he trusted. Poor fool.
Wow. He must have been lied to? He couldn't just have not been paying close attention? You know this how?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  16:48:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill, I hope you realize that you just went from:

The liberal media hasn't reported on the story.

To

Only a few in the liberal media have reported and they didn't report enough.

To

Charlie Gibson hasn't reported on the story.

What's more, is that you only changed your stance once others found the reports for you. If you were at all interested in whether or not these news outlets had reported on the story, you could have easily found them yourself. But you're not interested, are you?

What a joke you are.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 09/18/2009 16:50:37
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  17:28:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One more thing:

Originally posted by Dave W.

So the Republicans are doing a great job of prohibiting ACORN from not getting money that they weren't going to get
No the house and senate are.

The House voted 345-75 to strike ACORN funding from a student aid bill with two voting present.
You couldn't even take the time to read and comprehend the FOX News story that you cited, could you? The House Republicans who sponsored the anti-ACORN amendment knew that the vast majority of House Democrats wouldn't risk a fight over a student loans bill for the sake of a measly $2 million per year in aid to a $100 million-per-year group like ACORN.
Later, the Senate voted 85-11 to eliminate ACORN funding from an Interior Department spending bill.
Ditto.
That's just awesome. These clowns are making themselves more and more ridiculous every day. Teabaggers, birthers, deathers and now defunders.
We will see come 2010.
Well, Bill, everyone loves the circus, so I'm sure that your prognostication will be correct. As soon as the Republicans start acting professionally, ethically and with common courtesy, they will be replaced by some other nutso-goofball party. And Hell will freeze over.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  17:48:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ricky

I hope you realize that you just went from:

The liberal media hasn't reported on the story.

What I was referring to was the network, establishment, liberal or mainstream media, which would be the three major networks of ABC, CBS and NBC. The Baltimore Sun, NPR and NYT are not even on the same stage as the Fox, NBC, ABC and CBS? of the world. The big 3 choose to ignore the story and pretend that it does not exist. Why? If it was a conservative group in the shoes of Acorn they would be all over this like wolves. The irony.

And then the smaller outlets that did report on the scandal act as if they are more disappointed that Acorn made a fool of them and their messiah then the fact that five different chapters of ACORN were willing to go along with, and help, a child prostitution ring. Not only an idiotic act (Dave W.) but criminal at best, and evil at worst.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Edited by - Bill scott on 09/18/2009 17:52:32
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  18:42:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The big 3 choose to ignore the story and pretend that it does not exist.
Why do you continue to lie about this?

And calling them the "big 3" is utterly ridiculous, since according to O'Reilly and other FOX pundits, the network is the most-viewed for news, beating out the "big 3" combined. FOX now defines what is "mainstream" news in America, much to our collective international embarrassment.
And then the smaller outlets that did report on the scandal act as if they are more disappointed that Acorn made a fool of them and their messiah then the fact that five different chapters of ACORN...
Overstatement. Five different employees of ACORN. Otherwise, since Richard Nixon committed a crime, we should (in all fairness) accuse the entire Republican Party of committing a crime.
...were willing to go along with, and help, a child prostitution ring. Not only an idiotic act (Dave W.) but criminal at best, and evil at worst.
What was criminal about it? What specific laws did they break? A firing offense, easily, but a crime? Well, maybe conspiracy, but no forms were filled out, and no money given.

What happens when a conservative gets caught snorting meth out of a male prostitute's bellybutton? He loses his job, gets laughed at for being a hypocrite and maybe spends a night in jail.

What happens when a handful of liberals get caught giving out advice on committing fictional crimes? They lose their jobs, the Republicans call for fantastically expensive investigations into the workings of the entire organization, and US CONGRESSPEOPLE decide that they must spend more of the taxpayers' money to prevent further tomfoolery.

It's a ridiculous over-reaction, Bill. There is much more serious liberal corruption in the Chicago and Philadelphia governments, but FOX News doesn't cover that because it's not easy news to get. FOX was handed the ACORN scandal on a silver platter, and conservatives blew it completely out of proportion because the real liberal criminals are often too smart to get caught (while conservatives stupidly get busted in airport bathrooms with their pants down).

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  19:02:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.
It's a ridiculous over-reaction, Bill. There is much more serious liberal corruption in the Chicago and Philadelphia governments, but FOX News doesn't cover that because it's not easy news to get. FOX was handed the ACORN scandal on a silver platter, and conservatives blew it completely out of proportion because the real liberal criminals are often too smart to get caught (while conservatives stupidly get busted in airport bathrooms with their pants down).
But the Republicans have had a hard-on for ACORN ever since this past election. That's because ACORN registers new voters, who tend to be poor voters and who mostly vote Democrat. That's real the reason for all this "outrage." Or it's the reason the people pulling Bill's strings want ACORN taken down, even if the frothing tards like Bill are too stupid know they're being used for a political agenda. They're too busy feeling self-righteous. You have to keep those fires of faux outrage stoked if you want to continue to prevent individual thought and introspection among the Republican rank and file. Oh, you might think the Republicans couldn't work up any more faux outrage after "Obamacare means the government will kill your granny," but there's always the next huge manufactured crisis looming on the horizon to fret and fume over.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  19:40:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

...the next huge manufactured crisis...
Yeah, this stuff has "manufactroversy" written all over it.

I mean, what the five employees did was bad, and it's a good thing the employees were so quickly fired. But it's nowhere near Congressional-investigation bad, especially since we're not talking about anything near the size of even lowly GM, ACORN isn't the Demoncratic National Party and voter registration fraud isn't anything even close to election tampering.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  20:17:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What I was referring to was the network, establishment, liberal or mainstream media, which would be the three major networks of ABC, CBS and NBC... The big 3 choose to ignore the story and pretend that it does not exist.

You seem to be forgetting about Dave's post.

Edit: But just to make it more explicit

ABC
CBS
NBC

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 09/18/2009 20:21:57
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  20:18:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Billy isn't here for a debate or even a casual conversation where he might learn something, he is just a paid spammer (or worse, a true believer who does this shit for free), marching to the beat of some fascist conservative leader's drum. If you ever read the liberal blogs, like daily kos or huffpo, you can see the army of nitwits who vomit up the talking points of the week filling up the comments sections.

We are pretty low traffic, compared to those, so we end up with just one 'tard to contend with. Honestly, he us in here like clockwork with this shit, and all over key topics (like anytime Al Gore us in a thread).

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  21:00:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Billy isn't here for a debate or even a casual conversation where he might learn something...
I'm pretty sure that we all know that. And I'd be willing to bet that even Bill understands that when he runs away from the tough questions, he makes himself and even those he supports look like fools. It's fairly predictable:
  1. Bill pops in and spouts nonsense.
  2. The nonsense gets addressed and Bill is asked why he's spouting nonsense.
  3. Bill refuses to answer and so looks like an idiot.
The only real question is, "why does he do it?" While you've laid out a couple of possibilities, Dude, I'm not satisfied with such speculation. And so, because of my curiosity and because letting Bill make an ass of himself is amusing to me, I keep at it.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  22:05:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, it is fun to watch him sputter. No doubt about it.

And I am not saying that he doesn't contribute, because he makes a fine whipping boy most of the time.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  05:53:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

But the Republicans have had a hard-on for ACORN ever since this past election. That's because ACORN registers new voters, who tend to be poor voters and who mostly vote Democrat.

Of which 48% of their voter registration is fraudulent.

That's real the reason for all this "outrage." Or it's the reason the people pulling Bill's strings want ACORN taken down, even if the frothing tards like Bill are too stupid know they're being used for a political agenda.

How about the 48% voter fraud rate that they hold and the fact that they register dead people to vote, pass out cigs and booze to poor people for voting. Could this be why I don't like them? (say yes here)These people are the puppets used by the libs to advance their agenda. Their little foot solders out spreading Obama? word all while receiving federal monies. Oh and they even dabble in child position if the opportunity should arise. Could that be just a start on why I don? like them? I know I know, it? all motivated by race, Jimmy Cater already informed us of that. Those sting videos (have you watched them yet?) are just the tip of the ice-berg with this Acorn bunch. The folks who shot these videos deserve riches and glory.

They're too busy feeling self-righteous. You have to keep those fires of faux outrage stoked if you want to continue to prevent individual thought and introspection among the Republican rank and file. Oh, you might think the Republicans couldn't work up any more faux outrage after "Obamacare means the government will kill your granny," but there's always the next huge manufactured crisis looming on the horizon to fret and fume over.

OK now you?e just rambling. As if a group who is well documented to be involved in major voter fraud, as well as displaying interests in advancing the capitalist venture of child prostitution, all while getting federal monies, is not reason enough to be outrage. You just can? come to grips with the fact that there is a major segment of the population of this country who actually finds this type of behavior outrageous and unacceptable, can you? But since it? a lib organization that helps the messiah a litle voter fraud here and a little child prostitution ring there ain? going to make you lose any sleep at night. And you?e little delusion that these people who want to hurt ACORN are just using all the voter fraud and child prostitution promotion as a front for the real fact that they have been brainwashed by FOX News is just silly. Here is a news flash, HH, many people in this country are appalled at voter fraud and child prostitution, especially from groups getting federal monies. They don? need Fox news to tell them that they should be angry about this. See you are confused here. You are all bent out of shape at Fox news when they are nothing but the messenger here. You need to vent your anger at ACORN, who has generated the sleazy evil message. Unless that is you are just mad at Fox news for exposing the real Acorn and there is the root of your hatred towards fox. See I would be equally outraged if this was a conservative group out there, who was receiving federal monies, and was involved in voter fraud and was willing to advance child prostitution. But that is the difference between you and I. I am not indoctrinated.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Edited by - Bill scott on 09/19/2009 05:57:17
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  08:06:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

How about the 48% voter fraud rate that they hold and the fact that they register dead people to vote, pass out cigs and booze to poor people for voting. Could this be why I don't like them? (say yes here)These people are the puppets used by the libs to advance their agenda. Their little foot solders out spreading Obama? word all while receiving federal monies. Oh and they even dabble in child position if the opportunity should arise. Could that be just a start on why I don? like them? I know I know, it? all motivated by race, Jimmy Cater already informed us of that. Those sting videos (have you watched them yet?) are just the tip of the ice-berg with this Acorn bunch. The folks who shot these videos deserve riches and glory.

OK now you?e just rambling. As if a group who is well documented to be involved in major voter fraud, as well as displaying interests in advancing the capitalist venture of child prostitution, all while getting federal monies, is not reason enough to be outrage. You just can? come to grips with the fact that there is a major segment of the population of this country who actually finds this type of behavior outrageous and unacceptable, can you? But since it? a lib organization that helps the messiah a litle voter fraud here and a little child prostitution ring there ain? going to make you lose any sleep at night. And you?e little delusion that these people who want to hurt ACORN are just using all the voter fraud and child prostitution promotion as a front for the real fact that they have been brainwashed by FOX News is just silly. Here is a news flash, HH, many people in this country are appalled at voter fraud and child prostitution, especially from groups getting federal monies. They don? need Fox news to tell them that they should be angry about this. See you are confused here. You are all bent out of shape at Fox news when they are nothing but the messenger here. You need to vent your anger at ACORN, who has generated the sleazy evil message. Unless that is you are just mad at Fox news for exposing the real Acorn and there is the root of your hatred towards fox. See I would be equally outraged if this was a conservative group out there, who was receiving federal monies, and was involved in voter fraud and was willing to advance child prostitution. But that is the difference between you and I. I am not indoctrinated.
Actually, this reads so different from what you usually write that it looks like you were drunk.

The fact is that the people who committed voter registration fraud have been fired. The fact is that there was no child prostitution, and the people who offered to help hide the fake child prostitution have been fired.

The fact is that we can assume that someone working for GM has committed equally bad crimes (humans being human), is still working there, and the company has received over 1,000 times more Federal money than ACORN ever has.

An even better example would be Blackwater, but you haven't come here to start any threads about your outrage over their Federally funded criminal enterprises. So it seems we can conclude that your protestations that you would be complaining if it were a conservative group committing crimes are false.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  09:27:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill Scott:
How about the 48% voter fraud rate that they hold and the fact that they register dead people to vote, pass out cigs and booze to poor people for voting.

First off, where did the 48% figure come from?

As it tuned out, some people were paid by the number of voters they registered. That lead to some workers looking for ways to pad their numbers. That payment method has been looked at and eliminated from the way ACORN does buisness. It was never ACORN policy to collect bogus registrations. And it was ACORN that discovered the discrepancies. You probably already know that Bill. But if you don't, then you are watching the wrong news channel, less concerned with the facts then they are a political agenda that they promote by using lies and innuendo.

As I understand it, there are unedited versions of the tapes that the makers have refused to release that leave out where one worker said "you're putting me on" and then for a laugh, played along. We shall see if that's true or not, eventually. My thinking is that even if playing along, their behavior was inexcusable. In any case, the propaganda machine that you call the news is running at full fart, to paraphrase filthy...

Edited to add:

Media Matters: Fox News' incomplete, misleading ACORN coverage is just nuts

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  18:12:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Come on, Bill. Where did the 48% number come from? Your drunken stupor? Or some unsourced FOX News talking point?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds.