New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  21:17:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Scott Brown. You won. Here's a fair and balanced biography of Senator-elect Scott Brown:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/colbert-report-massachusetts-special-elect

Oh, who am I kidding? It's Stephen Colbert. Scott Brown will be in the Senate for two years, plenty of time to have fun with him. :P

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  22:37:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

Originally posted by Kil

The reason people are against what you call Obama Care, Bill, is they are disgusted by how it was gutted in the Senate.

So the liberal state of Mass. might vote in a conservative republican to replace the late TK to protest the gutting of liberal polices from the health bill???

Isn't that cutting off ones nose in order to spite the face...

So, just how out of touch are you? Massachusetts has already implemented health care reform in their state. They have it. And as I said, plenty of the progressives are disgusted by the reform bill that it is now being considered. And since the voters in Massachusetts already have health care reform, they would have had to partly foot the bill to pay for the rest of the country that is too fucking stupid to implement any meaningful reform. The Republican fucktards who call it "Obama Care" and have done everything they could do to block it.

And still the voters of Mass might have voted for the Democrat if the bill hadn't been gutted. But there just isn't anything in it for them anymore. And again, we have every Senate Republican and Joe Lieberman to thank for that.

I hope you're happy Bill. Lots more people will die now because what reform there was going to be is probably dead. In my opinion, the blood will be on the hands of the lying Republicans, and Joe Lieberman, all bought and paid for by the insurance companies, and RNC money, and on the fools who follow those pricks as though they are serving them somehow.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  04:19:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, this guy sure seems enthused about Brown's win. To see what he's like, go have a look at his own blog.

This is what I posted there, since his post (nothing to do with health care mind you) was so stupid...

"Disagree with them and all of a sudden, you are called a bigot, a hatemonger, an idiot, and a myriad of other colorful names."
Actually, it all depends on how many untruths and insulting, over-generalizing statements are made. Let's look at your cartoon for instance.

"Karl Marx shrine"? What the fuck??

"Collectivist Network Device"? Isn't that a part of the religious person's brain? There has to be some reason why those people are called "flocks" by their pastors, after all.

"Common sense particle" being so small-again, that's only in the religious brain. Come on...talking animals, people coming back from the dead?

"Work ethic and personal responsibility" being so small? Bullshit.

Holy fuck, you're clueless.

Doubt it'll get posted, but one never knows.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 01/20/2010 04:20:31
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  05:46:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Originally posted by Bill scott

Originally posted by Kil

The reason people are against what you call Obama Care, Bill, is they are disgusted by how it was gutted in the Senate.

So the liberal state of Mass. might vote in a conservative republican to replace the late TK to protest the gutting of liberal polices from the health bill???

Isn't that cutting off ones nose in order to spite the face...

So, just how out of touch are you? Massachusetts has already implemented health care reform in their state. They have it. And as I said, plenty of the progressives are disgusted by the reform bill that it is now being considered. And since the voters in Massachusetts already have health care reform, they would have had to partly foot the bill to pay for the rest of the country that is too fucking stupid to implement any meaningful reform. The Republican fucktards who call it "Obama Care" and have done everything they could do to block it.

And still the voters of Mass might have voted for the Democrat if the bill hadn't been gutted. But there just isn't anything in it for them anymore. And again, we have every Senate Republican and Joe Lieberman to thank for that.

I hope you're happy Bill. Lots more people will die now because what reform there was going to be is probably dead. In my opinion, the blood will be on the hands of the lying Republicans, and Joe Lieberman, all bought and paid for by the insurance companies, and RNC money, and on the fools who follow those pricks as though they are serving them somehow.

In my humble opinion this was 20% a vote for Scott Brown and an 80% vote against the federal government. Looking at the polls and interviews the people are sick and tired of business as usual in Washington. And it started with GWB/Cheny and the pubs who rammed his drug prescription bill through with no way to pay for it. From there we went to bailout mania and from there they went to the to health bill and it's to many to count now back room bribes to bring the fence sitters on board. The folks have seen enough. My conclusion is that any and all incumbents better sit up and take notice. The voters are mad as hell and you just might be next.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Edited by - Bill scott on 01/20/2010 05:48:08
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  05:52:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by podcat

Congratulations, Scott Brown. You won. Here's a fair and balanced biography of Senator-elect Scott Brown:

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/colbert-report-massachusetts-special-elect

Oh, who am I kidding? It's Stephen Colbert. Scott Brown will be in the Senate for two years, plenty of time to have fun with him. :P

Dude, this was a vote agaisnt the federal government and their out of sight speanding. The pubs could have ran Mickey Mouse as Coakley's fate was already sealed.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  05:56:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wikipedia on Scott Brown.

This ain't the end of the world. Brown'll serve his couple of years in the sorriest Senate we've seen in decades and might or not be re-elected at the end of that period. Whether or not that happens, it will still be the sorriest of Senates, filled with Republican scumbags including Lieberman on the one hand, and Democratic pussies on the other. There are, of course, exceptions to that on both sides -- Lieberman is not among them -- but "when you sleep with the dogs, you get their fleas."

Life goes on. I intend to have a thawed bean & beef burrito for breakfast, slathered with a very hot chili sauce of mine own creation, and an over-easy egg from one of my younger daughter's hens on top of the whole thing.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  06:16:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a simple question for you, Bill: if Scott Brown was running against Ted Kennedy, who would have won?

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Rubicon95
Skeptic Friend

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  07:00:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rubicon95 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"if Scott Brown was running against Ted Kennedy, who would have won?"
It would have been a repeat of 1994, when Romney ran against Kennedy. Romney gave Kennedy a good run for all of his money. Ultimately Ted won but a message was sent.

This is not a win for Republicans. Of the eligible voters in MA, 11% are registered republicans, and 31% are Registered Democrats. The rest are unenrolled. Do the Math.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  07:36:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Rubicon95

"if Scott Brown was running against Ted Kennedy, who would have won?"
It would have been a repeat of 1994, when Romney ran against Kennedy. Romney gave Kennedy a good run for all of his money. Ultimately Ted won but a message was sent.

This is not a win for Republicans. Of the eligible voters in MA, 11% are registered republicans, and 31% are Registered Democrats. The rest are unenrolled. Do the Math.

If it's a win for anybody, it's the teabaggers. Over the next several of months, I think that, now emboldened, they will entertain us with a prolonged 'bagging that will be satirically hilarious.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  08:12:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's Nader's fault. If Nader had posed nude for Cosmo, we'd have single-payer universal health care.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  08:40:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Gorgo

I think it's Nader's fault. If Nader had posed nude for Cosmo, we'd have single-payer universal health care.

Ick-ick-ick!

i'm not sure it'd be worth a nausea epidemic. That's high a price.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Rubicon95
Skeptic Friend

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  09:01:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Rubicon95 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I gonna call in sick now.
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  09:48:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My point is that this was NOT a referendum on ObamaCare, but rather a vote on specific candidates, i.e "against" Coakley.

The Right needs to simplify issues to bumper sticker statements and reduce arguments from thousands of shades of gray into neat black-and-white choices.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  12:02:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I thought Nader appeared in dominatrix gear on a 1965 cover of Car & Driver next to a Corvair.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  12:10:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My only beef with the Healthcare crap is the REQUIRED enrollment. I'll be damned if I am going to sign up for that, a total deal breaker for me. I now have to claim that I'm Amish if I want to opt-out. More discrimination against the non-religious, try being a concientious objector with no religion and you'll go straight to jail.

I intend to go without insurance, consequences be damned. (I am fine with being denied healthcare in time of need, I have no inherant right to live 100 years)

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.