Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  12:12:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Rubicon95

No but Obama did smile at Wanda Sykes joking about wanting to have Rush's kidneys to fail during a State dinner. - so what is the point. There are a##holes in both parties... What a shocker.

I thought you guys were smarter and more discerning.

Anyway to all you guys outside of MA - Stay out of our politics. We are going to decide not DC or GOP. Be it the tea bagger or the party hack bimbo.

STAY OUT OF MASSACHUSETTS ---

No but Obama did smile at Wanda Sykes

That is what his teleprompter told him to do.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  12:16:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Filthy.....

Which is the main reason that I might stay home during this upcoming election.
Filthy, please don't do that. We are liable to lose Ted Kennedy's seat in the Senate simply because far too many democrat-voting liberals are probably going to sit-out the Tuesday election in Massachsetts "to teach the Obama administration a lesson and wake up the Democrats"

It's liable to kill the fragile Democrat coalition and eventually transport us back to the good old days of Bush/Cheney/ and the Bankers.

Does it give the Dems a message? Absolutely! But will it change things for the better for the Dems to lose an extraordinary one seat (the filibuster seat) in the Senate to the Reactionary Corporate-controlled conservatives. No.

Or to actually lose control of the Congress in November?

I know how you feel about Obama's faltering leadership, and particularly how you feel about the treasonous Blue dog Democrats completely fucking up health care and god knows what else with their Lieberman fealty to Republican valuess. What we got ain't good, and I know it!, but it's a hell a lot better than a Senate, and possibly the House controlled by Republicans.

If a significant number of folks that voted for Obama sit out the fall elections, control of Congress is likely to pass to the leadership of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin - the de facto leaders of the Republican Party. I know what we currently have in the Democratic party ain't good -- but it must be better than a return to the days of Cheney Corporate Control and the Rule of the Rich!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  12:27:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Rubicon95

Anyway to all you guys outside of MA - Stay out of our politics.
Since what you do can affect the rest of the nation... no.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  13:48:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck

Filthy, please don't do that. We are liable to lose Ted Kennedy's seat in the Senate simply because far too many democrat-voting liberals are probably going to sit-out the Tuesday election in Massachsetts "to teach the Obama administration a lesson and wake up the Democrats"

He/they need it. Otherwise the liberals would not be attempting: "to teach the Obama administration a lesson and wake up the Democrats"

It's liable to kill the fragile Democrat coalition and eventually transport us back to the good old days of Bush/Cheney/ and the Bankers

That is not true. We would now have Obama/Biden and the Bankers.

Does it give the Dems a message?

Yes. It tells the dems to get their ass back to the center and keep it there.

Absolutely! But will it change things for the better for the Dems to lose an extraordinary one seat (the filibuster seat) in the Senate to the Reactionary Corporate-controlled conservatives. No.

The older I get the more convinced I am that congressional gridlock is not nearly as bad as it sounds once you consider the bills these clowns want to pass, or allready have. And yes that includes GWB and the pubs that rammed his prescription drug bill through with no way to pay for it. Stupid. Wise up dems and see what cost the pubs the last election or the same thing will happen to you.

Or to actually lose control of the Congress in November?

Even if so Obama still has the veto.

I know how you feel about Obama's faltering leadership, and particularly how you feel about the treasonous Blue dog Democrats completely fucking up health care and god knows what else with their Lieberman fealty to Republican valuess. What we got ain't good, and I know it!, but it's a hell a lot better than a Senate, and possibly the House controlled by Republicans.

Bet you the Blue dogs do better in November then the libs.

If a significant number of folks that voted for Obama sit out the fall elections,

They ain't sitting out. They are mad as hell and voting the other way.

control of Congress is likely to pass to the leadership of Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin - the de facto leaders of the Republican Party. I know what we currently have in the Democratic party ain't good -- but it must be better than a return to the days of Cheney Corporate Control and the Rule of the Rich!

Dude, Obama is still in the oval office with a veto at his beck and call. No pun intended.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1487 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  19:32:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Bill Scott, I gotta set the bozo bit on you.

UPDATE People SET People.Bozo = 1, People.HyperboleLevel = 'high', People.Credibility = 0, People.IgnoreFuturePosts = 1 WHERE People.NickName = 'Bill Scott';

I'm not a Democrat. I went to Christian schools, lived in Kansas, and voted Republican. I learned better. Go me.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  04:45:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not a Democrat and I am beginning to consider the term an insult. Not as foul an insult as "Republican" but it's gaining.

If Brown should win today, it will mean a couple of things. 1( no more super-majority. While the Dems will wring their hands and moan over it, it really matters very little. They had it and failed to use it, so tough titty. Learn to do without -- the Republicans have and quite well, to the country's despair.

2) Liberal legislation such as health care, gay rights, and various other reforms will become slightly more difficult to pass, which won't matter because of chronic Republican constipation in Congress. There'll be little change there.

3) Kennedy's seat will be gone, but nothing is forever. I think that it might well return to support another liberal ass when Ted's old term expires, if the Democrats can get their shit together in the interim.

4) We will have yet another conservative head to figuratively shrink.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/19/2010 04:54:47
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  07:27:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

2) Liberal legislation such as health care, gay rights, and various other reforms will become slightly more difficult to pass, which won't matter because of chronic Republican constipation in Congress. There'll be little change there.

Dude, the polls show that the majority of people do not want Obama care and every state in the union who has had an up or down vote by the folks has rejected gay marriage. The liberal legislation will be hard to pass because the people are against it. Why do you think Ted's seat is in danger just a few months after his passing? This ain't tough to connect the dots here.

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  07:53:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MSNBC is reporting that Martha Coakley has won.

(just joking)

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  08:19:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

Dude, the polls show that the majority of people do not want Obama care and every state in the union who has had an up or down vote by the folks has rejected gay marriage. The liberal legislation will be hard to pass because the people are against it. Why do you think Ted's seat is in danger just a few months after his passing? This ain't tough to connect the dots here.

Health care reform polls.

Same sex marriage polls.

There's some dots to connect.

Many Americans, including myself, are turned off by the health care plan simply because it is so watered down as to be rendered useless. That makes the mandatory part all but draconian. I don't like this crappy plan at all, but it's slightly better than what is running an extortion scam on us now. I blame it on Obama and the Democratic Congress, especially in the Senate. Are they afraid of the teabaggers? Or do insurance company dollars control their every thought, or what? That's just the Democrats; I have come to expect no more from Republicans.

As for the gays, it's gonna happen; it's just gonna take take a little more time.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/19/2010 08:25:27
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  08:27:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

(just joking)
A little premature there, aint'cha Bill? The polls haven't been open a half a day......

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  08:51:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

[urlhttp://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ACAW_en___US304&q=gay+marriage+poll]Same sex marriage polls.[/url]

Health care reform polls.

There's some dots to connect.

For some reason I could not open these. Anyway the facts remain. Every time the folks get the chance to vote gay marriage is defeated, soundly. Some of these have been in some pretty liberal states on top of it. If the gay marriage thing can't get any traction there then it is DOA when it comes to the center of the country.

I put health care reform in google and the first hit was a story about Ben Nelson losing ground fast in his home state because of his health care bribe. The second was a poll showing 51% oppose the current heath care reform while 44% support it.

Many Americans, including myself, are turned off by the health care plan simply because it is so watered down as to be rendered useless. That makes the mandatory part all but draconian. I don't like this crappy plan at all, but it's slightly better than what is running an extortion scam on us now. I blame it on Obama and the Democratic Congress, especially in the Senate. Are they afraid of the teabaggers?

I don't see them being afraid at all.

Or do insurance company dollars control their every thought, or what?

I am sure they have been involved with some of the closed doors negotiating.

That's just the Democrats; I have come to expect no more from Republicans.

The ol lessor of two evils thing again

As for the gays, it's gonna happen; it's just gonna take take a little more time.

It might happen, but it is gonning to have to be legislated against the will of the people if it is going to happen anytime soon. California rejects gay marriage at the polls so the gays sue. Oregon rejects gay marriage at the polls so the gays sue... etc... etc...

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  08:52:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote

(just joking)
A little premature there, aint'cha Bill? The polls haven't been open a half a day......

Just my little sad attempt at humor by spoofing the 2000 election.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  09:18:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The reason people are against what you call Obama Care, Bill, is they are disgusted by how it was gutted in the Senate. The public option had overwhelming support. There is a lot of disappointment out there. My position is something is better than nothing. And it's a start. But what will go before congress is not the health care reform that most of us envisioned. You make it sound like the people were against reform from the git-go and that just isn't so. If there is a hell, there will be a special place for all of the Republicans in the senate, and Joe Lieberman...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  10:10:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

The reason people are against what you call Obama Care, Bill, is they are disgusted by how it was gutted in the Senate.

So the liberal state of Mass. might vote in a conservative republican to replace the late TK to protest the gutting of liberal polices from the health bill???

Isn't that cutting off ones nose in order to spite the face...

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  10:16:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So the liberal state of Mass. might vote in a conservative republican...
The other choice isn't any better, apparently. This election seems to have dived into the toilet as soon as Coakley became the front-running Democrat, and the citizens today are basically choosing which side of the sewer pipe they like better.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds.