New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  14:18:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And what's this "all of us" crap? Name someone else here who is questioning Filthy's credentials. Quite the opposite, everyone here is questioning your expertise. >>

Not surprising... People who come up with new revelations are always persecuted by the pathetic ignorant masses.

It should be quite easy to shut us up if you are who you say you are: provide researchable evidence. Claiming that you had a "seismograph job" doesn't count.>>

More explanations? Why bother... You've have already set your mind to shut out everything I say.

The sad part is you have the opportunity to learn new things from someone who is in a position to know and you won't or can't listen... You'd rather play gotcha like little kids.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  15:10:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by cantbe323

In short, you pull your "deductions" out of thin air and try and give them credence by repeating them ad nauseum. I suspect that there is very little I could learn from you because thus far, you have come up with nothing of value to study. >>

All I can say to that is there's none so blind than those who will not see. You keep running down my expertese, but say nothing about yours.
Tell us about some of your accomplishments of note. How many times have you exposed new wrongs?

In short, sir, you're a loud mouth bore with no accomplishments of your own to speak of so you undermine everyone elses. It's time for all of us to peek behind your shallow curtain.

cantbe323

I have no curtain. Anything you might want to know is in my profile, and I might add that I write a lot and sometimes get published, sometimes not.

Um, you do know how to open a members profile, hm?

It is not I who is the loudmouth; it is you who shout statements, unsupported in any manner, who does the ratchet-jaw act (yeah, I've driven big trucks, as well). Why worry about "accomplishments?" I really don't have all that many, if you're looking for art, business, or even education -- my brother's the smart one of the family. Me, I just pick up rattlesnakes.

But I'll tell you one thing bunky, when I make a statement you can make book on it. I'll have researched it and will provide reference, something you seem to be unable or unwilling to do.

So, as everyone else is too polite to do it, I guess it's up to me. I'll make the statement: yer full'a shit, bro, and for reference, I submit your own nonsensical postings on these boards.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  15:32:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Not surprising... People who come up with new revelations are always persecuted by the pathetic ignorant masses.

Stop the "poor persecuted" act. In what way have you been persecuted? By us asking for your credentials?

More explanations? Why bother... You've have already set your mind to shut out everything I say.

The sad part is you have the opportunity to learn new things from someone who is in a position to know and you won't or can't listen... You'd rather play gotcha like little kids.

"more explanations"? You've not given us any. And how do you know that I've already made up my mind? So please tell me how you are "in a position to know? Evidence supporting this position please.

That last quote of yours is another dodge to avoid answer our simple queries: You made an unsupported claim, thus the burden of proof falls on you. Plus, diminishing someone else's credentials does not elevate yours.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  15:51:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And there's another 20 points on the quackery scale:

20 points if they defend themselves by bringing up (real or imagined) ridicule accorded to their past (or current) theories. 20 extra points if they suggest that their theories, therapy, or products will eventually be “vindicated.” 25 more points if they mention a story along the lines of H. pylorii and ulcers, or (even though it’s not medical) plate tectonics. And another 30 points if they also quote Schopenhauer.

I'm being generous here, if I were strickter he'd get 40 points for that statement (40 points if they compare themselves to Galileo, suggesting that a modern-day Inquisition is hard at work on their case, and so on.)

Has anyone else got the idea that this guy is just trying to hit all points on the index. Dave W., is this cantbe123 your sock puppet?

You haven't provided any explanations yet. You've just waffled so far. Now, put up that evidence of yours or shut up.

cantbe323

I'll take my teachings from sane people. That obviously doesn't include you.

I see that the quackery index needs expanding. I don't find points that can be awarded for any claims of close-mindedness by those who try to get them to make an actual statement somewhere. I suggest awarding 20 points for such a statement.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  16:56:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323

I'm getting tired of these relentless senseless gotcha games. Either start another topic or move on.

cantbe323

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  17:42:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  18:44:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

cantbe323

I'm getting tired of these relentless senseless gotcha games. Either start another topic or move on.

cantbe323

Are you aware that you replied to yourself and insulted yourself while doing so? Some devastating intellect you have there.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  19:43:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The sad part is you have the opportunity to learn new things from someone who is in a position to know and you won't or can't listen...
The irony is that we are begging you to teach us, and you have repeatedly refused to do so.

What "new revelations" do you have? You haven't presented any so far.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  19:46:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by tomk80

Has anyone else got the idea that this guy is just trying to hit all points on the index. Dave W., is this cantbe123 your sock puppet?
I wish. I could make tons of money if I had so few scruples.
I see that the quackery index needs expanding. I don't find points that can be awarded for any claims of close-mindedness by those who try to get them to make an actual statement somewhere. I suggest awarding 20 points for such a statement.
That's an idea.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  12:53:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But I'll tell you one thing bunky, when I make a statement you can make book on it. I'll have researched it and will provide reference, something you seem to be unable or unwilling to do. >>

I'm not impressed. All the reference data I've ever seen is rife with conventional nonsence, exaggerations, twisted history, personal agenda, and educated guesses. Myself, I only relate with objective, and all words are subjective.

So, as everyone else is too polite to do it, I guess it's up to me. I'll make the statement: yer full'a shit, bro, and for reference, I submit your own nonsensical postings on these boards. >>

Funny you should mention that. My bowels have been giving me trouble for months. Several times I had to fish them out with my finger... Ugh.. Comes with old age, I suppose. My wife has the same problem. I have visions of a pressure buildup so high, the explosion will register a 4 on the Richter scale.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  13:10:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm not impressed.

Now you know how we feel
All the reference data I've ever seen is rife with conventional nonsence, exaggerations, twisted history, personal agenda, and educated guesses.

For instance?
Myself, I only relate with objective, and all words are subjective.

Have you been speaking English long?

My bowels have been giving me trouble...

TMI.

(Did you notice that I resisted the urge to compare the output of bowels with your output in these posts?)

Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  13:33:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Did you notice that I resisted the urge to compare the output of bowels with your output in these posts?) >>

Humor!! Good ole scatological humor. I knew you had it in you. It was just a matter of coming out with the right subject at the right tme.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

cantbe323
Suspended

242 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  13:36:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cantbe323 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Did you notice that I resisted the urge to compare the output of bowels with your output in these posts?) >>

Humor!! Good ole scatological humor. I knew you had it in you. It was just a matter of coming out with the right subject at the right tme.

cantbe323
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  18:46:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When you buy a prescription drug, nowhere on the bottle do you find any guarantee that it will work for you, only ingredients and instructions, and other than aspirin, the effect you expect may or may not occur. The reason pseudodoctors get away with it is the buyers have their own self doubts, didn't do it right, had the wrong attitude, etc.

cantbe323

Let's talk about a specific example:

NEUPOGEN

Filgrastim is a human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF), produced by recombinant DNA technology. NEUPOGEN® is the Amgen Inc. trademark for Filgrastim, which has been selected as the name for recombinant methionyl human granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (r-metHuG-CSF).

Colony-stimulating factors are glycoproteins which act on hematopoietic cells by binding to specific cell surface receptors and stimulating proliferation, differentiation commitment, and some end-cell functional activation.

Endogenous G-CSF is a lineage specific colony-stimulating factor which is produced by monocytes, fibroblasts, and endothelial cells. G-CSF regulates the production of neutrophils within the bone marrow and affects neutrophil progenitor proliferation,2,3 differentiation,2,4 and selected end-cell functional activation (including enhanced phagocytic ability,5 priming of the cellular metabolism associated with respiratory burst,6 antibody dependent killing,7 and the increased expression of some functions associated with cell surface antigens8). G-CSF is not species specific and has been shown to have minimal direct in vivo or in vitro effects on the production of hematopoietic cell types other than the neutrophil lineage.

One of the uses of Neupogen is to increase the production of bone marrow stem cells in donors for the treatment of leukemia patients:

To increase production of immature blood cells (stem cells or progenitor cells) that are then collected by drawing blood, so the patient can receive transfusions of their own stem cells, for example following high-dose chemotherapy treatment. The stem cells go back into the bone marrow and produce blood cells. (This medicine can also be given to a stem cell donor, eg brother or sister of the patient, to stimulate the production of their stem cells before donation.)

Please tell me exactly where in the above the medical profession is wrong. Please present a logical case for why a doctor would prescribe such a medication to a bone marrow stem cell donor if the exact same results could be had without it.

I eagerly await your wisdom.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  20:09:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Do you know how to research, or is blathering your MO? >>

There's nothing to research because my ideas aren't in books, syllabuses, or papers of any kind, and you know it. You could learn a lot from my unique experience, background, exposure, and fearless doggedness, but
it's not to be.
J.F.C. Your saying so does not make it so. Especially, in a skeptics forum.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.