Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 A Haircut, Homophobic Hate, & Holy Crap!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  15:18:31  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went to the local outlet of a nationally known haircuttery this morning. There was one stylist and one customer in her chair, so I had about a ten minute wait. I wandered over to the magazine rack to find it was stuffed with TV Guide, Soap Digest, and big glossy magazines dedicated to hairstyles. Not really having much interest in any of these, I poked around to see if maybe there was a Sports Illustrated or Newsweek, or something else with even a morsel of substance to peruse. Lo and behold, I came across a couple copies of The Philadelphia Trumpet. At first glance, it looked like some kind of news magazine, so I took them over to a seat. I opened the first issue and there on page 3 was this piece of homophobic hate. After the first paragraph

In 2008, the California Supreme Court made homosexual “marriages” legal. Millions of Californians voted in the election five months later, and they passed a state constitutional amendment that banned these “marriages.” But this past August, one homosexual federal judge from San Francisco struck down that ban. He said the religious belief that homosexual relationships are inferior to heterosexual relationships harms homosexuals. Believing the Bible is harmful! He also ruled that the Constitution guarantees the right to homosexual “marriage.”

I checked the fine print on the inside of the cover and saw it was published by the Philadelphia Church of God. "This ought to be good, good and crazy" I thought, and was not disappointed:

What a false and twisted judgment! The Constitution was founded to a great extent on the law of God and the principles of the Bible. All 13 of the original colonies defined sodomy as a criminal offense!

Only Sodom and Gomorrah ever had a constitution that guaranteed the right to homosexual “marriage”!

Sodom and Gomorrah had a Constitution? Who knew?

In 2006, when liberals swept into the majority in both houses of Congress, I wrote that American politics had been changed forever. Nancy Pelosi became speaker of the House of Representatives and brought “San Francisco values” to Washington. “San Francisco values will now permeate every major decision made by the American government,” I wrote at that time. “San Francisco is the homosexual capital of America."

Because that's where the Gay Congress and Gay White House are, right?

We must understand that homosexuality is a rotten fruit from a fatally diseased family tree! How abominable does it have to get before Americans truly repent of their ungodly marriages and families?

Can't you just feel the christian love?

And on he goes spewing his hate.

This is closely followed by a long, barely semi coherent rant about the constitutionality of Proposition 8, whereby the author demonstrates that he knows about as much about constitutional law as I know about brain surgery. Probably less, come to think of it. Were I presented with a patient in need of brain surgery I could at least locate the brain. In this guys case I'd use a proctoscope.

And now, the piece de resistance:

The Dino That Learned to Fly. An unbelievably braindead piece about evolution by some idiot who understands nothing about it.

Right off the bat, we get the Comfort-esque scenario of a single individual deciding that it wants to evolve:

Let’s begin our evolutionary test flight with little Baldy the biped. Baldy is a wannabe birdie because he doesn’t have any feathers yet. And he is a biped because he walks on his two powerful hind legs since his tiny arms are only a few inches long.

For some reason, Baldy has decided he wants to fly.

And then pour on the stupid:

Poor Baldy. Just imagine the tragic scene. Up to this point, neither he nor any of his relatives has ever flown. Baldy remembers his dear old uncle Stubby, and all his brothers, sisters, cousins and friends who had been leaping to their deaths from the tops of tree branches and towering cliff edges—all trying to get their evolutionary jobs done.

But Baldy is determined. In spite of his many bumps, bruises and broken claws, Baldy the dinosaur knows that it is his destiny to fly. He has never seen anyone fly before, and his arms are short, but who knows? Maybe if he flaps hard enough, he will be able to overcome his aerodynamically unsound body form, and his dense and heavy bone structure. But fly he must—or so evolutionists say.

So, using his beak and claws, he scrambles up to the highest limb he can find to take advantage of the strongest wind gusts. And then, with one great leap of faith, he lunges—or plunges—off into the sweet, blue yonder.

He then tells the story of Baldy evolving himself into a flightworthy creature; a spectacular demonstration of ignorance if ever there was one.

And the big finish:

With the new nervous system in place, little Baldy the biped is very happy. He has his feathers and wings. He has his revamped, lightweight skeleton. And he has his souped-up respiratory and digestive systems.

Taking a running start and a flying leap, Baldy soars up into the air. Looking down at the beautiful world below, he couldn’t be more content—he can fly!

Returning home, Baldy is excited to tell all his friends about his newfound ability. But something strange has happened. Nobody recognizes him anymore. His mutations have caused him to be so different that the other bipeds don’t know who he is. He is all alone.

And that brings us to one more problem evolutionists have difficulty explaining. If Baldy has gone through all these amazing evolutionary progressions and “big genetic jumps,” with whom is Baldy to mate?

Thus ends the story of Baldy the biped—the first and last of his kind. And so ends an evolutionary theory fit for the birds.

I was pretty surprised to find this steaming load of utter crap where I did. As I started to wonder what I should do with it, the other customer finished and left, and the stylist called me over. I took the two rags over to the reception desk, handed them to her, and told her they contained some really hateful homophobic nonsense and other complete craziness. She looked at them, and put them behind the counter. Next haircut, if these or other similar rags are there, I think I'll be finding a new place to get coiffed.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  16:56:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do what I do; buy a set of clippers and get your younger daughter to give you a nice, close skull job. Then you can be a Baldy and soar with the majestic vultures, and all for free!

This Philadelphia Church of God is no more than a pit of stupidity on equal footing with Westboro Baptist, even though they don't get out in the street much (I assume).

Y'know, I've always thought of a faggot as someone who is overly concerned with someone else's, consensual love life. I have yet to see fit to modify that definition.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  20:43:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which reminds me....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/ns/msnbc_tv-countdown_with_keith_olbermann/#39467428

"I believe God made me in one day!"
"Looks like he rushed it."

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  23:36:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wreck, that guy is probably a closeted gay man.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  14:39:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dude

Wreck, that guy is probably a closeted gay man.

He may very well be. I do know he's a sick twisted old fuck with an unhealthy obsession with other people's sex lives.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.