Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  16:02:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

no it isn't
I have no desire to taunt you, but I will say that when you first came to SFN I assumed you were a Poe because of that picture, since any time I had seen it previously was when someone was mocking Christianity, sort of like Raptor Jesus. It took me awhile to realize you were using that drawing without a hint of parody.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 12/20/2010 16:03:48
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  16:14:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All you guys are funny as hell, on this thread. Thanks for the laugh.

Originally posted by Dude

10:00pm have buttsex

From the guy with a pic of superbuff gay-jesus in his sig...

The above post made me take another look at OFFC's picture because I never thought it looked gay. Now that I looked closer, is that a woody Jesus has under his loin cloth?

If it is, it would make sense. We know his dad is a bit sadistical, at least in the OT. Maybe Jesus is into SM. Gosh! now that I think of it God must have been a real strict dad raising Jesus but it's not like he could send him to hell, like he can with us. I wonder if Jesus ever got spanked. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  17:47:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, I thought that the whole point of the crucifiction was that Jesus was supposed to die there, not break free. Am I missing something?

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  19:57:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did a Google image search for "Jesus breaks cross" and found this interesting blog post commenting on images related to the idea of "Muscular Christianity" http://counterlightsrantsandblather1.blogspot.com/2009/06/jesus-kicks-ass.html

The blogger's conclusion and Hawk's comment about the point of the crucification is echoed in a more blunt, satirical way when the image is combined with this caption: http://satgnu.net/upload/lavacroft/images/random/jesus-fuck-your-sins.jpg

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  22:03:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
captioning is the lowest form of internet humour

Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2010 :  08:11:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I'm pretty sure there are lower forms of humor on the Internet.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2010 :  09:54:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's wrong with low forms of humor?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2010 :  10:22:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Hawks

no it isn't
The only thing missing from that picture is -M-C-A!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2010 :  13:39:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If gays are responsible for WikiLeaks, then the rape charges against Julian Assange is preposterous. Just look at his hair-do! It just screams of Gay!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  06:55:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Also, I thought that the whole point of the crucifiction was that Jesus was supposed to die there, not break free. Am I missing something?
I had this same thought. I assume On fire for Christ doesn't view it that way. Maybe he can clarify?

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  04:13:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by marfknox

Oh, I'm pretty sure there are lower forms of humor on the Internet.
Indeed there is, not a little of it supplied by the AFA themselves. Now, it seems, they think Obama wants to give the country back to the Indians.
Conservative group: Obama will give ‘entire land mass’ of the US to ‘the Indians’

By Eric W. Dolan
Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 -- 12:03 pm

Stop us if you've heard this one: President Barack Obama wants to return the entire land mass of the United States of America to Native American tribes.

No, nevermind. That one's new.

The wild claim comes by way of the American Family Association (AFA), a conservative non-profit focused on anti-gay initiatives.

They were reacting to a Thursday announcement by President Obama, that the US would sign a non-binding United Nations declaration on the rights of indigenous peoples, which has been endorsed by 145 countries.

The declaration states that "indigenous peoples have the right to the lands, territories and resources which they have traditionally owned, occupied or otherwise used or acquired," and nations "shall give legal recognition and protection to these lands, territories and resources."

This means President Obama "wants Indian tribes to be our new overlords," according to Bryan Fischer, AFA's "director of issue analysis."

"Perhaps he figures that, as an adopted Crow Indian, he will be the new chief over this revived Indian empire," Fischer added

Well, the Tribes, including a minute fraction of my own ancestry, were here first, and they couldn't screw up the country any worse than the descendants of the Europeans have.

From here it goes into their pathetic, trade-marked whine against teh gayz and is not worth reading.

I think it was Mark Twain who once said to the effect: "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." The AFA (American Flatulence Association -- howzat for low humor ) should take this to heart.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  04:52:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yeah I think the point you're missing, is that it's just a picture.

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  12:28:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's probably one of the most anti-christian pictures I've ever seen.

Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  16:22:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It's probably one of the most anti-christian pictures I've ever seen.
I think that's a stretch.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  18:41:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb
I think that's a stretch.
Jesus breaking free from the cross? Jesus not dying on the cross? Jesus not being resurrected after three days? Jesus not fulfilling the prophecy as written in the bible? If all of this is bogus, then is not "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." bogus as well?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.