Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  09:55:44  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
White House Releases Obama Birth Certificate

...Mr. Obama said he has watched the debate over his birth place with "bemusement." Lawmakers from both parties, investigative reporters and others have probed his birth place and confirmed "that yes, in fact, I was born in Hawaii on Aug. 4, 1961, in Kapiolani hospital."

Donald Trump, billionaire and potential Republican presidential candidate, has in recent weeks fueled concerns about Mr. Obama's birth place. At a news conference in New Hampshire Wednesday, Mr. Trump took credit for getting Mr. Obama to release the document.

"I'm very proud of myself because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish," he said. Mr. Trump said Mr. Obama should have released the document "a long time ago."

Mr. Trump said he wants to check to make sure the birth certificate is real. He said he hopes it "checks out beautifully" so the country can focus on other important issues...

Of course, Trump is a lying sack of shit. But whatever.

I don't think for a second that this will stop the "birthers." They'll claim shenanigans. I might be wrong about that, but I doubt that I am.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  10:52:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it wrong that I voted for him because he is from Hawaii and when given a choice I will always pick whatever it is that is most Hawaiian?

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  10:57:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now Trump is asking for his college and law school transcripts. In a way, I'm loving this because the very fact that Trump can learn to spout a few talking points and automatically become a Repub front-runner shows clearly how pathetic they are.

Then again, one would think that after Palin and Bachmann, the average person would see what clowns they are. But people like our own bill scott seem to lap this stuff up.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  15:38:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trump is just using this for free publicity.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  16:52:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The birthers will just say that it took this long to forge one.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  17:47:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a thought... underneath it all, lacking direction, the moron birthers are actually Apollo deniers incarnate.
OMFG!....it's a born-again idiocy conspiracy!
;^)

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  01:44:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The birthers are fools not to be suffered gladly, but to be suffered anyway. That’s democracy. Orly Whassherface has already voiced suspicions of forgery -- I’d link it but I prefer to let everyone find their own lunacy.

Obama has been a great disappointment -- a Republican in progressive feathering, really -- but Trump? That scoundrel is unworthy of any consideration at all. Or maybe not; who else could profit from going bankrupt?

As things stand right now, I’m not going to vote this time. It’ll be the first national election I’ve missed in decades, but there will not be a name on my ballot worth the gas to get me to the polls.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  02:28:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keith Olbermann gives his opinion about the release:

http://foknewschannel.com/maguffins-1-obama-0/#more-352

They’re carnival barkers. They don’t stop selling tickets just because there isn’t a real mermaid back there. If you prove there’s no mermaid, tomorrow they’ll tell you there’s a Martian.

Or better yet, they’ll sell you on the new scandal: What happened to the Mermaid? Meet The 20-Foot Tall Detective Tracing Our Missing Mermaid!

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  05:18:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

As things stand right now, I’m not going to vote this time. It’ll be the first national election I’ve missed in decades, but there will not be a name on my ballot worth the gas to get me to the polls.

Up here we have a way of not voting - you approach the person who gives you the paper ballot (yes, we still use those), they hand it to you, you take it from them, and you immediately hand it back and say "I refuse this ballot." It has to be recorded as such, and therefore is on record as a protest. I don't know if anyone has done so recently, but the option is there.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  07:33:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

White House Releases Obama Birth Certificate

...Mr. Obama said he has watched the debate over his birth place with "bemusement." Lawmakers from both parties, investigative reporters and others have probed his birth place and confirmed "that yes, in fact, I was born in Hawaii on Aug. 4, 1961, in Kapiolani hospital."

Donald Trump, billionaire and potential Republican presidential candidate, has in recent weeks fueled concerns about Mr. Obama's birth place. At a news conference in New Hampshire Wednesday, Mr. Trump took credit for getting Mr. Obama to release the document.

"I'm very proud of myself because I've accomplished something that nobody else has been able to accomplish," he said. Mr. Trump said Mr. Obama should have released the document "a long time ago."

Mr. Trump said he wants to check to make sure the birth certificate is real. He said he hopes it "checks out beautifully" so the country can focus on other important issues...

Of course, Trump is a lying sack of shit. But whatever.

I don't think for a second that this will stop the "birthers." They'll claim shenanigans. I might be wrong about that, but I doubt that I am.

Well, I've got my eye on one such birther right now. We'll see.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  08:57:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

Now Trump is asking for his college and law school transcripts. In a way, I'm loving this because the very fact that Trump can learn to spout a few talking points and automatically become a Repub front-runner shows clearly how pathetic they are.

Then again, one would think that after Palin and Bachmann, the average person would see what clowns they are. But people like our own bill scott seem to lap this stuff up.

But of course you are just rambling on again about things of which you have not a clue on. Can you please provide one shred of evidence where I made mention of any birth certificate or college transcripts or Obama's lack there of. I'll save you some time here, I never did.

Please provide a shred of evidence that I offered supported for Palin or Bachmann in any remote fashion. Again, don't even bother looking.

You, my find feathered friend, have proven yourself, once again, to be nothing but a motor mouth who speaks from his current emotions alone and throws all thought on the subject out the window. Keep up the good work, jr.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  11:25:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I touched a nerve. I knew I'd flush you out.

Feel free to reply with yet another insult. But I won't bother responding because I'm not interested in derailing this topic.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  12:23:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp

I think I touched a nerve.

You make false and unproven statements about me in a thread where I was previously uninvolved. It sure seems like "touching my nerve" was your goal here.

I knew I'd flush you out.

Why, you miss me do ya?

Feel free to reply with yet another insult. But I won't bother responding because I'm not interested in derailing this topic.

To late for that, you have already derailed it. You make false statements about me in a thread I have not even participated in in an admitted effort to "flush me out"! I then ask you to back up your ramblings and false statements about me with some proof and you go on some holier than thou tangent about how you will not respond to my insult because you don't want to derail the thread. Oh that is rich, even coming from you. You are nothing but pathetic bomb thrower. You just throw some BS story out there and then run away when it it explodes on you.

I noticed you failed to back up any of your original statements. But you never really intended to, did you? You purposefully try and "touch my nerve" in order to "flush me out" and when your desires have been reached you go right back into your predictable one trick pony routine. Sad.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Elmo the Clown

31 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  12:51:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Elmo the Clown's Homepage Send Elmo the Clown a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

Is it wrong that I voted for him because he is from Hawaii and when given a choice I will always pick whatever it is that is most Hawaiian?

Nope. In fact I would say at least your motives weren't bad (like people who vote for the "lesser of two evils".

It always amazes me that people will vote for the "lesser of two evils" and then complain when they are lied to. Duh, you idiot.. you knew you were casting a vote for evil.

Some of these birthers will believe it to the end... kind of like Obama supporters will always think he was a good choice.

Support a clown, buy a luury cruise from www.ChicLuxuryCruises.com (or any cruise...)
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  14:11:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott
You make false statements about me in a thread I have not even participated in

What statement of his was false?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  14:40:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

What I liked best about your comment was trying to imagine what your closet looks like, where you hang your shirts.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.