Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Politics
 Obama released the long form
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26013 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  15:01:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Top 20 Conspiracy Theories That Have Already Sprung Up Around President Obama’s Birth Certificate.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  16:32:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Bill, it's kind of sad...

I know, I know, I'm going back on my word, but...

My original post consisted of two paragraphs of two sentences each. How does that qualify as "rambling"?

My first paragraph doesn't mention you and only the second sentence contains an insult ("pathetic") which is my opinion, not a statement of fact.

Please point out the false statement in paragraph #1.

My second paragraph starts with my opinion again, not a statement of fact, and the insult is mild: "clowns", which was referring to Trump/Palin/Bachmann and their ilk.

In the final sentence, I said "people like our own bill scott". I didn't say you. I said "people" (is that an insult?) similar to you (would you not agree that fans of Palin/bachmann/Trump et.al. are far more similar ideologically to you than to me?) "seem" (as in "in my perception") to "lap it up".

Did I claim you did/thought/believed anything?

Please point out the false statement in paragraph #2.

So, I hardly think I derailed a topic. It's not like I used a topic on the passing of a relative to mock and criticize a straw man perception of an "atheistic worldview". Do we know anybody who did that?

BTW, I've been called a lot of things, some more deserved than others, but "motor mouth" is truly a first.

Besides, with you clocking in at 1907 posts and me with 546 posts, you have nearly 3.5x more posts than I. Yet I am the "motormouth"?

I will concede that this post could be considered "rambling".

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Edited by - Fripp on 04/28/2011 16:42:15
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  20:31:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott
Please provide a shred of evidence that I offered supported for Palin or Bachmann in any remote fashion. Again, don't even bother looking.
Why don't you support Palin or Bachmann? Both are gay bashing, global warming denying, young Earth creationist idiots. They should be right up your alley. Is it because you don't think women should hold positions of political power?


"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 04/28/2011 20:35:11
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Saudi Arabia
1266 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  01:12:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the onus should now be on Obama to PROVE that he is a Christian.

Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  01:38:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An interesting op-ed from Goldie Taylor:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#42791793

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/why-obama-shouldnt-have-had-to-show-his-papers.php?page=1

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  04:34:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I think the onus should now be on Obama to PROVE that he is a Christian.
Religious affiliation can not be a litmus test for holding office of any kind. Of course, I believe you were kidding. Hard to tell.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  05:25:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp




Oh Bill, it's kind of sad...

I know, I know, I'm going back on my word, but...

But you have done it before so why not again...


My original post consisted of two paragraphs of two sentences each. How does that qualify as "rambling"?

Because your mouth was moving.


My first paragraph doesn't mention you and only the second sentence contains an insult ("pathetic") which is my opinion, not a statement of fact.

Please point out the false statement in paragraph #1.

My second paragraph starts with my opinion again, not a statement of fact, and the insult is mild: "clowns", which was referring to Trump/Palin/Bachmann and their ilk.

In the final sentence, I said "people like our own bill scott". I didn't say you.

Then why even bring my name into the mix at all, especially when the comment is not even true?


I said "people" (is that an insult?) similar to you (would you not agree that fans of Palin/bachmann/Trump et.al. are far more similar ideologically to you than to me?) "seem" (as in "in my perception") to "lap it up".

Did I claim you did/thought/believed anything?

Please point out the false statement in paragraph #2.

Because if the people who you are referring to "are like me" they would not be lapping up anything from Palin/Bachmann. Unless you can provide some evidence that I support Palin or Bachmann or have ever lapped anything up from them in the past then on what basis did you make your claim that people like me would lap this up now? See, if you could provide a shred of evidence that I have supported Palin or Bachmann in the past or have ever lapped up anything of theirs then your statement may have some merit. But just because I criticize Obama's actions in Libya or mock an atheist's worldview does not by default make me a Palin/Bachmann supporter one iota. It just means that I criticized Obama's policy in Libya and that I mock Atheist's worldview.



So, I hardly think I derailed a topic.

But you said you were not going to respond to me because you did not want to derail the topic, and then you responded to me. So by your own definition you did derail the topic.






It's not like I used a topic on the passing of a relative to mock and criticize a straw man perception of an "atheistic worldview". Do we know anybody who did that?

Again with your holier than thou nonsense? I am not impressed. I criticized a worldview. I have seen plenty of threads in the forum where people are criticized and mocked on the day of their death. So just spare us the piety.


BTW, I've been called a lot of things, some more deserved than others, but "motor mouth" is truly a first.

Besides, with you clocking in at 1907 posts and me with 546 posts, you have nearly 3.5x more posts than I. Yet I am the "motormouth"?

You can have 200 posts and still be rambling if you ain't got nothing to say in those 200 posts.



I will concede that this post could be considered "rambling".

Now here we can agree.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  06:08:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again with the insults. My, aren't we touchy this morning?

I'll restate my original questions:

Please point out the false statements in the first post.

Please point out where I insulted you directly.

Did I claim that you did/thought/believed anything?

Yes or No. Palin/Bachmann supporters more closely resemble you ideologically than me?

Originally posted by Bill scott
Then why even bring my name into the mix at all, especially when the comment is not even true?


What in the statement isn't true? And if it isn't true, why are you getting your panties in a twist?


But you said you were not going to respond to me because you did not want to derail the topic, and then you responded to me. So by your own definition you did derail the topic.


So... when you respond to non-existent allegations and insults, that is not derailing a topic, but when I respond to actual allegations and insults, that is derailing a topic.

I'm glad you cleared that up.


Again with your holier than thou nonsense?


That sound you just heard was the Irony Meter blowing up.

I have seen plenty of threads in the forum where people are criticized and mocked on the day of their death. So just spare us the piety.


Really? Evidence please. And, if true, that makes it OK?

You can have 200 posts and still be rambling if you ain't got nothing to say in those 200 posts.


So what you're saying is that you simply don't like what I have to say. Tough shit.


"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Edited by - Fripp on 04/29/2011 06:17:15
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  07:52:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp




Again with the insults. My, aren't we touchy this morning?

I'll restate my original questions:

Please point out the false statements in the first post.

Please point out where I insulted you directly.

Did I claim that you did/thought/believed anything?

Yes or No. Palin/Bachmann supporters more closely resemble you ideologically than me?


Unless you can provide some evidence that I support or have ever supported Palin or Bachmann or have ever lapped anything up from them in the past then on what basis did you make your claim that people like me would lap this up now? Unless you can provide evidence for your claims then it is time for you to zip it shut.

Criticizing Obama on his Libyan policy and/or mocking an Atheist's worldview is not evidence that me, or anyone who is like me, would lap up Palin, no matter how bad you want it to,








What in the statement isn't true?

This is the last time I am gonna answer so quit repeating yourself. Because if someone were like me then they would be very skeptical of Palin and Backmann and would take nothing they say at face value, as opposed to just lapping it up, as you have falsely tried to imply towards me. Just as I am skeptical with any political figure. There is my answer so don't ask again.






And if it isn't true, why are you getting your panties in a twist?

Nothing is twisted. I am just, once again, forced to correct the errors of your ways.




So... when you respond to non-existent allegations and insults,

Coming from you I am not insulted, but your allegations have yet to be proven, even after I asked you numerious times to provide any evidence for said allegations. Because I believe in God, criticize Obama Libyan policy and mock atheist's worldview is not evidence. You see, I am wise enough to know that politicans are rarelly who they say they are and therefor have a built in distrust of all of them, no matter who they say they are. Take Obama for example. Whenever he is asked he says that he is a Christian, yet many believe he his a Muslim and others speculate that he is an atheist. They know and understand that politicians rarely, and I mean rarely, end up being who they say they are.

If you would have actually taken the time to learn my position on Palin, rather than just be a reckless bomb thrower, you would have learned that first and foremost, and at best, that I am very skeptical that Palin is who she says she is, and at worst, I simply have no reason to trust her at this point in her career. She is a politician after all.





that is not derailing a topic, but when I respond to actual allegations and insults, that is derailing a topic.

I'm glad you cleared that up.



1. You said you were not going to respond to me because you did not want to derail the thread.

2. You then responded to me.

3. By your own definition you just derailed the thread. Please try and keep up here.


So what you're saying is that you simply don't like what I have to say. Tough shit.

No, not at all. I am saying that, apparently, you don't have anything to say.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  08:54:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Bill scott

I am saying that, apparently, you don't have anything to say.


Then why do you keep replying?

And yet again, you keep avoiding the questions. Dr Mabuse asked you as well.

1) Please point out the false statements in the first post.

2) Please point out where I insulted you directly.

3) Did I claim that you did/thought/believed anything?

4) Yes or No. Palin/Bachmann supporters more closely resemble you ideologically than me?

but your allegations have yet to be proven, even after I asked you numerious times to provide any evidence for said allegations.


And I have asked you numerous exactly what allegations are you talking about?

As I asked in question 3 above, in the original post, did I claim that YOU did/thought/believed anything?


If you would have actually taken the time to learn my position on Palin, rather than just be a reckless bomb thrower, you would have learned that first and foremost, and at best, that I am very skeptical that Palin is who she says she is, and at worst, I simply have no reason to trust her at this point in her career. She is a politician after all.


Well I'm glad to hear that. But when have you ever offered this information?

I'm curious. H Humbert asked you a question that is far more accusatory and incendiary that any of mine have been. What makes me the lucky recipient of your love?

But please don't stop. I'm rather enjoying this




"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2558 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  10:28:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, ol' JD Curtis hasn't replied yet to my post to his blog, linked to in my last post here, but he has some uh, "thoughts" about the birth certificate himself. Of course, he quotes a World Nut Daily source...

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  10:31:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp






Then why do you keep replying?

Again, your false accusations about me on a thread I am not particpating in. Why do you keep responding after saying your not going to?





1) Please point out the false statements in the first post.

Are you mentally retarded? You said:

Then again, one would think that after Palin and Bachmann, the average person would see what clowns they are. But people like our own bill scott seem to lap this stuff up.

Your implication is that YOU can see what a clown Palin is but people such as Bill Scott eat this stuff up, when that is the exact opposite of reality. As I have explained to you, 3 times now, rather than lapping anything up from Palin, or anyone like her, I distrust her. Prove me wrong here jr. Prove that I lap, or have lapped up, anything from Palin or anyone like her that would give you reason to make such a statement about me! You can't so you just keep acting retarded and keep asking the same question over and over.


2) Please point out where I insulted you directly.

I never claimed that you did.


3) Did I claim that you did/thought/believed anything?

By saying "like Bill Scott" you claimed that I was unable to see what a clown Palin and those like her were and so therefore I lapped them up, which of course is complete and utter made up BS. And your refusal to back up this claim with a shred of evidence only backs up my accusations that you are reckless bomb thrower who has no clue at all what he is talking about. Nor does it appear that you care. Go ahead and play retarded for us and act like you have no idea what I am talking about. You are just proving my point more. Otherwise man up and support your accusations with some evidence that I fawn over Palin or others like her and that I lap up after them. Good luck with that.



4) Yes or No. Palin/Bachmann supporters more closely resemble you ideologically than me?

It's irrelevant but let me guess here anyway, if I say yes you are going to claim that this is evidence that I lap up after palin *sigh* Not only are you a one trick pony but a predictable one at that.









Well I'm glad to hear that. But when have you ever offered this information?

I am offering it to you here, right now! And I offered to you in the last post. When have you ever asked me for it? Where on this forum have I ever talked about palin, until now? I havn't so you would have no clue on my stance with palin other than just your imaginary ramblings that go on in your head. If you would have bothered to ask me first you could have saved yourself from making such an ass of yourself. Why do you wait until after the fact to be concerned on what my palin thoughts are? That is putting the cart in front of the horse.



But please don't stop. I'm rather enjoying this

You enjoy making false accusations about people and then acting mentally retarded when they ask you to back it up?

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2558 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  11:21:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

I think the onus should now be on Obama to PROVE that he is a Christian.


On the off chance that you weren't kidding: He doesn't have to prove any god-damned such fucking thing. Your country's constitution forbids religious tests for public office, and so far as I know, the religious right has never asked that of any other president.

And now, from PZ, more birther fuckwits.


>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 04/29/2011 11:22:50
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  11:24:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow are you uptight. I can tell how irritated you are by the number of times that you refer to me as "retarded" (five times) and "junior" (twice).

Refresh my memory: Did I have a little hissy fit when you claimed that I was "just bent because your Nobel Peace Prize winning anointed one is really a maverick war hawk who drops bombs on whoever he decides needs it."

BTW, I'm still waiting for the evidence that there have been "plenty of threads in the forum where people are criticized and mocked on the day of their death."


"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  12:06:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Fripp



Wow are you uptight. I can tell how irritated you are by the number of times that you refer to me as "retarded" (five times) and "junior" (twice).

How many times can someone answer the same question only to have the same question asked again in the very next breath with out at least getting a little annoyed?


Refresh my memory: Did I have a little hissy fit when you claimed that I was "just bent because your Nobel Peace Prize winning anointed one is really a maverick war hawk who drops bombs on whoever he decides needs it."

Who is having a hissy fit now? Not me.



BTW, I'm still waiting for the evidence that there have been "plenty of threads in the forum where people are criticized and mocked on the day of their death."

OK let me set you straight here. You make false accusations about me on a thread in which I am not even participating in. I ask you numerous times to man up and back up the accusations against me with even just a shred of evidence, to which you refuse to back up your false accusations numerous times. And know your insisting that I address your request for evidence? Oh that is rich, even coming from you.

BTW, thanks for derailing the thread even after you claimed that you were not going to.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.61 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000